Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The info will pop up in tooltips. For cloth, all your old cloth is converted with the new bonuses. The metal stuff, though, isn't. Only new sorted/scavenged metal stuff has the new material types. Sometimes it takes a while for the tooltip to come up. Not sure if it's doing a db query at that time or what.

Wood, stone, leather, and bone do not currently have different bonuses for varying types.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    Raveli, how do you know this? When I mouse over these items it doesn't tell me anything different than before.
    Then your mouse pointer is bugged. Open a basket/bin and that should fix the mouse over pointer.

Ravelli

What do you mean? I can see the tool tip fine, the tool tip just hasn't changed.

There's a tool tip bug where you can't see the crafted/found by, durability, or the new bonus information till you open a bin/basket. Either that or you aren't looking at either cloth or metal bits found after the patch.

Ravelli

Opening basket never fixes the tool tip bug out for me, but opening inventory always does. I'm probably not looking at rare cloth.

It doesn't have to be rare. ALL cloth has some sort of bonus. ALL newly sorted/scavenged metal items have some sort of bonus. Pre-patch metal items (screws, nails, bolts, rivets, plates, sheets, rods, wedges, spikes, etc) do not have a material type prefix and do not have any bonuses.

Not all bonuses display. Bear bones give a strength bonus. I haven't made tools or weapons out of other bones, but my guess is that they give a bonus as well.

Ravelli

Well, a STR bonus on a tool isn't all that useful since we can't equip them to get the bonus, heh. Bear bone armor would be nice that way, though. I imagine the bonuses aren't very much, and only with a full set would you end up with a noticeable boost. Either that or the boosts aren't reflected on our stats. I have a few items that give stat bonuses but nothing has changed that I can tell.

In any case, it is not cool to have stuff incomplete like that. The logistics of all this new junk is tough enough without knowing that there are "unlisted" mods and bonuses out there on stuff.

Well, Jooky has said he wanted us to figure things out for ourselves rather than being handed full details on everything.

Here's what I've figured out about bonuses from bones:

Bear.....................strength
    Raccoon................dexterity
    Coyote..................agility
    Ground Squirrel......accuracy
    Mule Deer..............fortitude
    Human..................none
    Rabbit...................none
    Rat.......................none

That's all the bones I have at the moment.

Ravelli

Did some quick testing after making a full set of bear bone armor every part giving + STR. My tribe mate and I didn't notice any difference on damage with the all the bonuses.

I hope I've missed something but with thirteen pieces giving strength I imagined more damage.