Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cancel logout

Quote Originally Posted by meissner61 View Post
    youre only "safe" because that is something we know for sure the programmers considered and all memory is cleaned up properly (Hopefully)

the 'x' / alt-f4 option however may not be something they took into consideration although since there have been no reports about it its probably fine. but it is always "safe" to exit the program properly just in case.
    Im sorry, I thought the X was to exit the game. I didnt know it was "not safe" last I checked Ive been playing over a year, and no problems.
    Many games have it where you hit the X and it asks you if you want to log out, then it has a log out timer. Many other games dont have that, and dont need it.

I dont think that was the "safe" reason he was giving, but if that's case. I still see no reason why there should be a cancel on it. Both options dont need a cancel.

There is no respectable game that doesnt have its own exit procedure DDT - most people play games on fullscreen so they dont even see the 'x'

Quote Originally Posted by meissner61 View Post
    There is no respectable game that doesnt have its own exit procedure DDT - most people play games on fullscreen so they dont even see the 'x'
    You are assuming the X isnt an exit procedure. You can code that in, and I believe it is already coded in the game.
    You have a valid point about logging out and being safe to log out on a timer, but again it doesnt work like that so unless they change it I see no reason for that.
    If it were like other MMO's where you had to wait 30 seconds to truly log out, and then you would be safe from being attacked then yes, but its not the case.

lol... whatever. you are right DDT way to go!

I think an option to cancel logout is a good idea.

2 times i have hit exit by mistake! It was both times comming from useing the options. There is an exit button to leave the options. So then I just clicked exit on the main menu to leave the menu. Of course that made me exit the game. When I ment to click return to game.