Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cancel logout

Cancel logout

Just in case you change your mind about logging out I think there should be a cancel button.

Definitely. I was really annoyed yesterday when I accidentally pressed it. Then again, it might not be so bad if the game didn't take so long to load, but I doubt that's going to change soon.

I dont log out, I just hit the X.
    Which normally only happens when I want to see if I got 100 in a skill or not =P

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I dont log out, I just hit the X.
    Which normally only happens when I want to see if I got 100 in a skill or not =P
    Well if you running in windowed mode, then yes. But in full screen there is NO [X].

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    Well if you running in windowed mode, then yes. But in full screen there is NO [X].
    Well, another point is, that I dont have a timer nor do I want one on the X. So why would you? If you hit log off. Then I see no problem with no way to stop it. Just as I have no way to stop mine when I hit the X.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Well, another point is, that I dont have a timer nor do I want one on the X. So why would you? If you hit log off. Then I see no problem with no way to stop it. Just as I have no way to stop mine when I hit the X.
    Well when you hit the [X], the game exits right away, when you click you log off, it takes 30 seconds to close, in that time the person decided to continue playing

When you click [x] the character still in the game, and i can come and smack your character around

No X disconnects just as fast. The character won't disappear for about 10 seconds, but he's still not there because you can't hit him

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    No X disconnects just as fast. The character won't disappear for about 10 seconds, but he's still not there because you can't hit him
    Well you should!

I agree there should be a cancel button - and i dont even understand why MrDDT finds it necessary to argue such a basic primitive thing...

If you're right, MrDDT, and everyone should just suffer the consequences of logging out when they click that button, what is the point of the timer? As NorCalGooey points out, it disconnects just as fast as clicking the 'x' and there is no difference regarding whether or not you leave the game world. You would assume that the timer is meant to serve some purpose, and a reasonable purpose would be the option of cancelling.