Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Still getting disconnects. More frequent when sprinting around from area to area in our tribe. And also I usually seem to d/c near our basket area a lot that could just be coincidence though.

Usually about 20 mins I can play for. Earlier today I stayed logged in for like 2 hours, even though all I was doing was terraforming. So I have no idea.

nothing has changed.......still getting disconnected and it's random. I could just be standing there for a couple of minutes and I get disconnected. You have all my info, even sent Devdez my bio.

was logged in just standing and chatting for about 30 minutes. the moment i walked to the other half of our tribe area (100m away) I dc/d.

seems to happen a lot more when i'm moving around...

Added after 8 Hours 6 minutes:

Played for a couple hrs just terraforming no disconnect, the moment i crossed over from zone 904 to 903 i d/c

Added after 1 41 minutes:

give me a break! every 10-20 minutes. this is such a turn off to new players "hey if you cant whisper me, it means I disconnected. I'll be back within 5 minutes."

I mean I know you are working on it....but its a huge deal.

Oh great, now I am getting the already logged in....

Bet this new guy quits because I can't seem to stay online. Luckily for him, he has crossed 10 zones and has not disconnected in 2 hours.

Lol .... no I am NOT already logged in. I can't even promote this guy from guest to a rank where he can actually do anything because I can't log in.

Still 10-20 minutes. Sometimes i get lucky and can go for a bit longer

Same here...Disconnecting every 5-10 mins, regardless of what I do.

'Limit' the programmer who works on this part of the code taking a break (family matters) for a few days. When he returns we will contact everyone who posts here and do some intense testing to finally resolve this issue.

It's been difficult as none of the testers or developers can reproduce this, so we will need your help to test. I'll let you know when you're ready.

Thanks!

Thanks for the update, and info.
    Best wishes, Limit to you and your family.

I hope LB can help test it and get it fixed soon.

Network Issue?

I have been reading the posts here and the disconnects seem to be totally random aside from a few instances that could simply be coincidence. I have read reviews where developers spent a lot of time, energy and money trying to find a coding issue only to find they had a hardware problem in their network like a faulty router. Of course I would assume these things have been checked, but the main reason I bring this up is because of this statement;

"It's been difficult as none of the testers or developers can reproduce this, so we will need your help to test. I'll let you know when you're ready."

If the testing team is not using the same network configuration as the rest of us on the client side, and this is a network issue, then no, they would not see the same results as us.

Also with the double log in I'm assuming there is a separate server for the launcher and the game. If there is enough packet loss between any of the network devises this could be the lag/delay as well as trigger for a time out/disconnect.

Of course I'm reaching a bit with all of this since I'm not a network tech, and I have no idea what equipment or protocols they are using for network or servers etc. But some food for thought.

Thanks Willowhawk,

When Limit is back we will ask players that continue to have these problems to run some ping tests to our servers. Yes, the download and the game servers are separate, but they do run from the same location.

One question for those disconnecting a lot: How many of you are running two accounts (or more)?