Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Yes, thanks DDT. The programmer who needs to work on this is with his family right now (in a small village without a net connection). He will be back in action in a few days and he'll work on this until it's resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    I decided to run some tests on a hunch that this is a packet loss problem. I ran this test several times so I can confirm the results.
    I usually run Xsyon with Firefox for the forum and Ventrillo for the guild chat running in the background. With these three running I get disconnected from 2 to 20 minutes with a ping of 32 at idle (standing still) and 45 to 185 with lag spikes while moving around. I shut down both Vent and Firefox and I ran Xsyon for an hour with no issues and a ping closer to 35 with no noticeable spikes. I logged out, started Vent and Firefox again, then ran Xsyon and was disconnected in a few minutes. I then shut down Vent and ran Firefox only and Xsyon ran fine but with a slightly higher ping of around 45.
    I would be curious to see what other people are running in the background IE Vent, IRC etc. and if they can duplicate this. We have good broadband internet here and I have no problem running vent with Vanguard, AOC, WOW Etc. I watch Netflix with no problems. I believe that while Vent is running it's eating up enough bandwidth to cause some packet loss and thereby causing a time out and disconnect with Xsyon. I don't know exactly why this is happening, but for now I can run the game fine with no disconnects as long as I don't run Ventrillo. I hope this helps.
    hum, gona check this out, since I always have MOzilla up and running during the game, not so much Vent.....will post back in 10 if I get disconnected....or shorter!

15 minutes later!!

OK I noticed that I was getting disconnected while Mozilla browser was open. Now Im gona try it with it closed. be back as soon as I get disconnected.

Added after 7 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by dali2gala View Post
    hum, gona check this out, since I always have MOzilla up and running during the game, not so much Vent.....will post back in 10 if I get disconnected....or shorter!

15 minutes later!!

OK I noticed that I was getting disconnected while Mozilla browser was open. Now I'm gonna try it with it closed. be back as soon as I get disconnected.
    ok I closed everything and played for about 5 minutes and got disconnected,.. So the Mozilla idea was just random stuff...was hoping that was the cause but no.

Quote Originally Posted by dali2gala View Post
    ok I closed everything and played for about 5 minutes and got disconnected,.. So the Mozilla idea was just random stuff...was hoping that was the cause but no.
    Sorry Dali, it seemed to work for me. And it does change a bit possibly due to time of day or internet usage (last night seemed better) Other times it seems to kill the game. I will try it again tonight.

We did notice one other thing. Like some others have said, when we get disconnected it is mostly when running across the zone line next to our tribe . However that is while running or sprinting. If I go slow and stop at or near the zone line once or twice, wait a few seconds each time (to let thing catch up?) I don't disconnect. (could be coincidence so I will try this again tonight) I think maybe it's allowing the game time to re-sync. Again, I'm just guessing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    Sorry Dali, it seemed to work for me. And it does change a bit possibly due to time of day or internet usage (last night seemed better) Other times it seems to kill the game. I will try it again tonight.

We did notice one other thing. Like some others have said, when we get disconnected it is mostly when running across the zone line next to our tribe . However that is while running or sprinting. If I go slow and stop at or near the zone line once or twice, wait a few seconds each time (to let thing catch up?) I don't disconnect. (could be coincidence so I will try this again tonight) I think maybe it's allowing the game time to re-sync. Again, I'm just guessing here.
    Willow
    I have been inside our fort for like days working on walls and towers.....have not ventured far since we have everything we need inside. I get disconnected just standing there guiding our members as we put down the huge limestone walls down our massive tower. (5limestone walls stacked up and 4 from side to side)

SO just by being a foreman I get disconnected.

Haven't logged in in about 4-5 days. Just logged in on 1 account about 2 hours ago, disconnect within 2 minutes.

Log into second account just now, cross one zone line and within 2 minutes of logging in and 30 seconds of crossing the border, D/C.

I love this game, it's just got a long ways to go. It can hardly keep my interest without the disconnects. But with them, not a chance.

The only thing that remotely interests me is building a city/castle that might have some use one day....but I've been doing that for 4 months and I've yet to see any use or even plans for a use for having one.

Added after 10 Hours 58 minutes:

It is worse than before, I think. For me, anyway.

I can't even hang out in my own tribe area without d/cing every 5 minutes now.

Just know that it has something to do with the major July 8th patch.

I'm new to the game, saw it quite a while back and finally decided to give it a try. I too am having problems staying connected. I'm not running ANYTHING in the background and still having issues. I think the longest I've been able to stay on is maybe 45 minutes, but it's typically 5-10 minutes between DC's Very frustrating, especially when your trying to learn the game. Also, whats up with the extra long loading time??? I've never played an MMO with such an extensive wait... which adds to the frustration of getting DC'd lol.