Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    Sometimes Dev should just leave a game as it is and STOP LISTENING TO PEOPLE..
    Jesus freaking christ. Too many resources.. To Few resources.. before this patch there were too many resources now they are too hard to get..

I mean what kind of players are you..? Whiners? I agree the system is bugged but seriously going berserk when YOU want changes.. Is lame..

It requires a balance. The system in it self is okay, it is just a bit aggressive.

Which resources are hard to get now? Im sorry I missed that part.

Resources are still easy as hell to get.

Well if you want rare you got to travel.
    I'd like to get rare so I travel, that seemed to be the problem in the OP's posting. Which it is.

He is pissed that a fix everyone (at least a lot) wanted didn't turn out in his favour. I was never under the impression of new actual resource areas would be added. I was under the impression it would be an addition to the current resource areas.

I agree that the new system might be a bit harsh, I think a check should be put on foreign tribes areas so that their influence is minor on what you can find so that the longer away from your own tribe area will in general increase the chance of finding rares without other tribe areas affecting it that much.

Maybe Im just not seeing it. But I have no problems building anything I want, nor crafting anything I want from 1 or 2 zones. (Only 1 or 2 zones because of animals are sometimes not re-spawning in mine.)
    Not counting metal sheets as I believe they have been removed from the game.

Ive yet to not find something I was looking for or needed. I have all the basic resources. Problem is I have no reason to leave, nor do I have a reason to make anything better. In fact it is better off to make the easiest thing over and over and over and over and over to gain skills.
    Other than skills I see no reason right now to make anything. Comfort isnt working. Buildings do nothing. Armor is not needed as things are super easy to kill.

Ive just lost all drive to play, as this new change clearly did nothing to promote trade. The bonuses they added for the items are worthless at best if they are even working. Who knows, cant really test them correctly.

This patch to me seems just lacking in testing, and forethought.

Might be I don't understand the new system, please correct me if I'm wrong.

As far as I can see scavenging now has practically no effect: everything I can get from scavening I can get from pulling things out of a junkpile (with the exception of pennies, dollar bills, beer tabs, etc.).

I spent a long play session now scavenging all over zone 777, on 3 different junkpiles (all of them outside my tribe land, 2 of them outside of any tribe land) and have scavenged outside of junkpiles as well. Apart from boatloads of pennies, quarters, dollar bills and the like I can only scavenge items that I can also pull out of a junkpile: cloth, leather, screws, nails, bolts, rivets.

Question thus: what is scavenging good for now?

Edit: typo

First Scav effects the QL of the items you pull out of junk.

Second is you cant pull recipes and other things like that out of junk.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    ... Second is you cant pull recipes and other things like that out of junk.
    But I cannot get recipes and other things through scavenging too. Currently, for me, after at least a few hundred scavenging actions, scavenging only returns pennies, quarters, dollars, etc. and apart from that scavenging returns the exact same things one gets from a junkpile.

No bone, no blade, no recipe, no bat, not even a freaking 5-pound weight can be got by scavenging in zone 777.

How could it be possibly someone can confirm ALREADY that you can't pull recipes from junk piles? How would you know that? If there is no proof it is fact, don't state it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    But I cannot get recipes and other things through scavenging too. Currently, for me, after at least a few hundred scavenging actions, scavenging only returns pennies, quarters, dollars, etc. and apart from that scavenging returns the exact same things one gets from a junkpile.

No bone, no blade, no recipe, no bat, not even a freaking 5-pound weight can be got by scavenging in zone 777.
    You can they are just rare now.
    I know you can get bones, recipes, and weights from scaving they are just rare.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    How could it be possibly someone can confirm ALREADY that you can't pull recipes from junk piles? How would you know that? If there is no proof it is fact, don't state it as such.
    You are correct. Maybe they are just super super super rare.

Well, when someone with scavenging skill 100 (perception:70) after 10 hours or so of scavenging hasn't scavenged one single item that he can't get easier from a junkpile ...

Not a feather, not a bat, no metal buckle, no decoration, no rubber scrap, just nothing. I can't believe all items to be super, duper rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    Well, when someone with scavenging skill 100 (perception:70) after 10 hours or so of scavenging hasn't scavenged one single item that he can't get easier from a junkpile ...

Not a feather, not a bat, no metal buckle, no decoration, no rubber scrap, just nothing. I can't believe all items to be super, duper rare.
    You can get metal buckles from sorting =P

But yes I know what you mean.