Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Either make us have to maintain fires (please very slowly, its a little tedious) or remove it from the game IMO.

Edit:

I can confirm chopping firewood gives XP. That's its use as of now.

Added after 7 minutes:

PLEASE, chop fire wood and delete it for XP instead of felling every tree you can find.

It's actually faster.

To my knowledge campfires will need fuel one day.

At 75 woodworking and 20 logging, I get HQ firewood from LQ logs. My guess from this is that chopping firewood uses the woodworking skill instead of logging skill.

Has anyone done more extensive test or gained skill after chopping firewood?

Ravelli

Quote Originally Posted by thurgond View Post
    At 75 woodworking and 20 logging, I get HQ firewood from LQ logs. My guess from this is that chopping firewood uses the woodworking skill instead of logging skill.

Has anyone done more extensive test or gained skill after chopping firewood?

Ravelli
    Yes, Firewood now raises logging. I spent all day yesterday cutting up all the clear cut trees that have been lying around our zone and did pretty well leveling up logging. I also have 96 woodworking and 76 logging and still only get high and very high quality firewood. So I don't think woodworking is affecting the end result quality of firewood. I did leave a lot of high quality and some very high quality logs for folks to stumble on if they need them for tools etc.

If you read post above I say chopping firewood is now giving xp. it's also the fastest way to level logging now. Sorry mrDDT

No worries. Its like everything in game. You do the easiest and get the same exp. It just shows another broken system in game.

So instead of getting more exp/skill for making something that takes 3+ hard to get resources, you are rewarded equal for making something that takes 1 easy to get item. Makes no sense. Should be based on how hard the item is to make.
    Also balancing based on higher level items should be done.

Dudes.. It's like this in any game.

You always make the easiest to make item. Nothing more.
    In World of Warcraft, I can never recall myself levelling Alchemy using the hard to get materials, only the easy to get materials. Regardless of what you crafted it still rewarded you with the same amount of skill exp if they were both orange/yellow/green or both had the same required skill level.

The -ONLY- game where I've seen a difference in how much skill exp you got from a skill would be Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. They rewarded you with experience depending on the quality of the finished product.
    You can hardly call it a broken system. More likely you can call it 'MrDDT not satisfied.' but then MrDDT wouldn't be satisfied with all that many crafting systems .
    - The main difference is, that instead of having to move up from recipes once every few skill levels (usually 20-25 for some reason) you'd had to make the next skill area's easiest to make item. In Xsyon you don't have to. That might be the 'broken' part in this system, but that is about all I can spot.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    Dudes.. It's like this in any game.

You always make the easiest to make item. Nothing more.
    In World of Warcraft, I can never recall myself levelling Alchemy using the hard to get materials, only the easy to get materials. Regardless of what you crafted it still rewarded you with the same amount of skill exp if they were both orange/yellow/green or both had the same required skill level.

The -ONLY- game where I've seen a difference in how much skill exp you got from a skill would be Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. They rewarded you with experience depending on the quality of the finished product.
    You can hardly call it a broken system. More likely you can call it 'MrDDT not satisfied.' but then MrDDT wouldn't be satisfied with all that many crafting systems .
    - The main difference is, that instead of having to move up from recipes once every few skill levels (usually 20-25 for some reason) you'd had to make the next skill area's easiest to make item. In Xsyon you don't have to. That might be the 'broken' part in this system, but that is about all I can spot.
    How could you be more wrong?

Try making a low level item in WOW and see how that does for your skill. Thanks. Fact you cant even level your skill past a certain point using low level items they turn grey and you get 0 skill off them.

Try again? Or are you just done being a fanboi today?

Even WoW mother of all carebears knows its not good to let people grind to max level off of newbie recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    How could you be more wrong?

Try making a low level item in WOW and see how that does for your skill. Thanks. Fact you cant even level your skill past a certain point using low level items they turn grey and you get 0 skill off them.

Try again? Or are you just done being a fanboi today?
    omg nice to see that its not just me that thinks this guy is a bloody troll always craping on about stuff he has no clue about