Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    yes, though the mail box in that system isn't actually mailing a single thing right? It's more like an escrow box used to hold items... and then there's the question of payment. Why not have the auction be an automated posting system so deals can be made, but the trade itself still needs to be made in person?

If some kind of escrow box is made, I'd propose having a finite time limit on the trade. Otherwise people could just lock up my goods in that box without ever picking it up.

Not sure I can fully envision how an auction house will work in a bartering economy though. It's fairly easy with a currency, but bartering leaves sooo many options for potential deals doesn't it? Just think it may need to be somewhat open-ended with the finer details of closing the deal winding up requiring personal communication.

What about Trade Chests? You put items in there that you would be willing to trade, others can see what's in there and make an offer?

Yes the way I was looking at it was more like a bank box, or safe box. The person would get a to access that safe box only after paying it. It could also work on a totem, in the current totem system.

Key here, is NO magic transport, only thing that is being shown would be price, and listed item. Then someone could buy it, and come pick it up, or have it delivered.

Next key that Book is talking about is simply the players access each others stuff like a distant trade, and each put in the resources. Then they agree. Once its agreed each can access the others vaults once they get to the location.
    Problem with that is one player couldnt bring the goods with him. Because it would already be in the vault. But Im sure there are ways to work around it.

IMHO if an auction house is implemented the gold farmers would then have a way in to start making money from another game. One good way to combat this would enact the rule of tribal leaders only can access the auction house, with solo players electing a solo player rep , and clan leaders electing a clan leader rep.

Limiting people to only one craft Might work; but then you would need that auction house. As a ToolCrafter I'm finding that I need to rely on myself for the materials I need since there is not a message system in game yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudder View Post
    IMHO if an auction house is implemented the gold farmers would then have a way in to start making money from another game. One good way to combat this would enact the rule of tribal leaders only can access the auction house, with solo players electing a solo player rep , and clan leaders electing a clan leader rep.

Limiting people to only one craft Might work; but then you would need that auction house. As a ToolCrafter I'm finding that I need to rely on myself for the materials I need since there is not a message system in game yet.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

First I dont agree with any of that.

Second is, isnt there a message system in game? /w name text. Works.

Yes, the mailbox is to be seen as an escrow box.
    It will only function as a box for people to collect their items, nothing else. I just thought of mailbox because that would be an obvious symbol most people would be able to recognize from other MMO games. It could just as well be a box found on the ground or a chest (designs can variate).

The only problem and check you need to put up is 'It must be in an area accessible to outsiders'. Which means the auction house idea won't be easy to implement.

The problems with letting the Totem Pole be the pick up area is some tribes might close off the totem pole to outsiders in order to combat this (people wouldn't be able to gather their rightfully bought items.) a 'mailbox is placed outside of the tribe area (possibly) or inside the tribe area in an accessible area for outsiders.

You also receive messages when you get a skill up/stat up. If you don't find anything when using an ability, if you fail a craft, if you succeed a craft, if you find an item.. We could use some more functions. Like being able to properly copy + pasta or being able to make text macros.

People are gonna exploit games for money regardless. Once the game has established some sort of economical system, those people will be here collecting stashes of coin to sell online. I just want to be able to communicate with tribe members that play at different times or friends that play at different times, and honestly only letters should be allowed not coin or items. Make it a little harder for those trying to sell coin or items online, if people will buy items they would have to travel a long ways to get the stuff.

If Xsyon continues to charge the starting amount that it does without the option of a free trial and bans abusers of the system to the extent that Darkfall does, we won't have too much of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking about.

First I dont agree with any of that.

Second is, isnt there a message system in game? /w name text. Works.
    It doesn't matter to me if you agree with anything or anyone.

While Chat can be seen as a message system, it is not persistent. What I'm suggesting is something on the order of an in-game mailbox menu that is accessed via the middle section of a Totem.

I seem to remember talk of a trial that placed the trial players on a different server than live - the gold sellers would absolutely hate that since it would make their disposable accounts meaningless.

My own opinion of games like MO and DF is I really don't care to play with Elves, Dwarves, and the like in a fantasy setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizley View Post
    If Xsyon continues to charge the starting amount that it does without the option of a free trial and bans abusers of the system to the extent that Darkfall does, we won't have too much of a problem.
    I agree, I dont think it would be much of a problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudder View Post
    It doesn't matter to me if you agree with anything or anyone.

While Chat can be seen as a message system, it is not persistent. What I'm suggesting is something on the order of an in-game mailbox menu that is accessed via the middle section of a Totem.

I seem to remember talk of a trial that placed the trial players on a different server than live - the gold sellers would absolutely hate that since it would make their disposable accounts meaningless.

My own opinion of games like MO and DF is I really don't care to play with Elves, Dwarves, and the like in a fantasy setting.
    What does elves and dwarves have to do with gold sellers?

How would this mail be delivered?

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    Is the Quest totem broken?.. Lol no it isn't. It's quest not an auction house.
    I know this is an old post but it's still relevant.

What I mean by broken is the scroll button doesn't work when you have to many quests on your totem and if someone takes your quest and never completes you can't cancel it to get your stuff back.

These 2 things would at least let us use the quest system until something else is put in.