Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
yes, though the mail box in that system isn't actually mailing a single thing right? It's more like an escrow box used to hold items... and then there's the question of payment. Why not have the auction be an automated posting system so deals can be made, but the trade itself still needs to be made in person?

If some kind of escrow box is made, I'd propose having a finite time limit on the trade. Otherwise people could just lock up my goods in that box without ever picking it up.

Not sure I can fully envision how an auction house will work in a bartering economy though. It's fairly easy with a currency, but bartering leaves sooo many options for potential deals doesn't it? Just think it may need to be somewhat open-ended with the finer details of closing the deal winding up requiring personal communication.

What about Trade Chests? You put items in there that you would be willing to trade, others can see what's in there and make an offer?

Yes the way I was looking at it was more like a bank box, or safe box. The person would get a to access that safe box only after paying it. It could also work on a totem, in the current totem system.

Key here, is NO magic transport, only thing that is being shown would be price, and listed item. Then someone could buy it, and come pick it up, or have it delivered.

Next key that Book is talking about is simply the players access each others stuff like a distant trade, and each put in the resources. Then they agree. Once its agreed each can access the others vaults once they get to the location.
Problem with that is one player couldnt bring the goods with him. Because it would already be in the vault. But Im sure there are ways to work around it.