Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Most problems can be fixed if these are added

IMO this should be the road map for the next several months or however long it takes.

1. Revert back to making players select 1 craft skill and not have access to every craft.
    2. Proper Alignment System.
    3. Totem Decay.
    4. Travel by mount.
    5. Ability to carry large amounts of product by wagon or pack animal.
    6. Abiltiy to sell when not online. (Quest totem is broken and unusable)
    7. Canteen for carrying extra water.
    8. Ranged combat.
    9. Buildings with storage slots based on building size. (Give them better purpose, end the clutter from bins)
    10. Tribe Wars/Allies/conquer other totems

Quick and to the point. I like it and MOST these changes don't exactly seem difficult to code.

But you forgot skill decay. #1 IMO. Not one craft skill, but only able to level up a few craft skills due to decay. Then have the best recipes at high levels, so you MUST maintain your skills to keep making the best stuff.

Problem lies within most recipes being low level and not enough of them being 90-100 recipes.

I don't mind bins, but we need something much larger and able to have categories. Like a vault with 500 slots, can be divided into sets of 20 max categories at 25 slots a piece or anywhere in between that and 500 slots of 1 category.

Categories can be labeled

This is really basic stuff that actually causes a lot of players who don't like wasting time to quit. Right now, the current storage system is EXTREMELY TEDIOUS

Being able to label bins would be a good quick fix to the storage problem. Mounts are not really needed in this game AT THIS TIME. When Animal Training goes live it would really be a big help when we can use the dogs to pull a Travois.

Since this is a kinda reality game mounts will open up a very big can of worms:
    Vet to take care of injured animals;
    feed bags;
    tack for animal control;
    improved AI since most animals currently in game balk at downed trees, unlevel terrain, and water;
    farriers to install the horseshoes we keep finding;
    brushes and curry combs;
    Gravity Dynamic will be severely affected due to rider being higher than the mount when ascending hills and mountains.

OR enable BEARS to be used as a mount - tame when a cub and able to be ridden when adult - bears can take care of themselves.

I like bears as a standard mount. Maybe horses will be rare to find because bears eat them, but they will exist too. Rare enough that you know if someone has a horse they worked hard to get it.

I aggree to that list, maybe i wouldn't aggree if the desync wasn't so horrible and the game would be playable

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    IMO this should be the road map for the next several months or however long it takes.

1. Revert back to making players select 1 craft skill and not have access to every craft.
    3. Totem Decay.
    4. Travel by mount.
    8. Ranged combat.
    9. Buildings with storage slots based on building size. (Give them better purpose, end the clutter from bins)
    This list will fix very few problems. Not even close to most, and likely add a ton of other problems.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post

3. Totem Decay.
    4. Travel by mount.
    8. Ranged combat.
    1. Im not sure I like the idea of one craft, that puts barriers for hermits. Perhaps picking one skill where you learn recipes by crafting and the other skills you have to learn from a person that is a master crafter? And in order to learn the recipes you would have to have them be thought by a master crafter and so on. This would open trading with other tribes and such. ALso dont make it so easy to lvl skills.

Everything else I agree with.

you can also add to that list:

-Crafting: deeper, brighter colors.
    -Crafting: Metal Armors? I love to make a nice suit of plate Mail!!! dyed Black!
    -Tribe: mail system: I want to talk to our members when I am not on or they play at different times.
    -In game mail. Eliminate whispering. Players should travel to see friends. or at least until walkie talkies or cell phones are out
    -Tribe: showing last time a player was on.
    -Chat: Area (Tribe area and few hundred feet around) Local ( Zone only: uses energy to shout) and Region (Zone: Uses extreme amount of energy to shout or need some sort of amplifier?)

Is the Quest totem broken?.. Lol no it isn't. It's quest not an auction house.
    - The basic get this, do that and be rewarded with this.

Introduce an Auction House system accessed from the totem for now.
    - Let Auction houses connect up to 3-6 zones away. (this can be expanded with architecture AH's with increased distances.)
    - People need to physically travel to get the items they bartered/bought.
    - Let people decide what resources/materials they'd like for their Auctioned item (that will make it easier for players to trade)
    - Create a mail box that is linked to the Auction House. Whenever you buy something from another player, the mailbox will hold the item until the buyer comes by to pick it up.
    - You cannot use the Auction House without first having a mail box planted.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    Is the Quest totem broken?.. Lol no it isn't. It's quest not an auction house.
    - The basic get this, do that and be rewarded with this.

Introduce an Auction House system accessed from the totem for now.
    - Let Auction houses connect up to 3-6 zones away. (this can be expanded with architecture AH's with increased distances.)
    - People need to physically travel to get the items they bartered/bought.
    - Let people decide what resources/materials they'd like for their Auctioned item (that will make it easier for players to trade)
    - Create a mail box that is linked to the Auction House. Whenever you buy something from another player, the mailbox will hold the item until the buyer comes by to pick it up.
    - You cannot use the Auction House without first having a mail box planted.
    Sounds good ONLY if they add the mail box with the system.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Sounds good ONLY if they add the mail box with the system.
    yes, though the mail box in that system isn't actually mailing a single thing right? It's more like an escrow box used to hold items... and then there's the question of payment. Why not have the auction be an automated posting system so deals can be made, but the trade itself still needs to be made in person?

If some kind of escrow box is made, I'd propose having a finite time limit on the trade. Otherwise people could just lock up my goods in that box without ever picking it up.

Not sure I can fully envision how an auction house will work in a bartering economy though. It's fairly easy with a currency, but bartering leaves sooo many options for potential deals doesn't it? Just think it may need to be somewhat open-ended with the finer details of closing the deal winding up requiring personal communication.

What about Trade Chests? You put items in there that you would be willing to trade, others can see what's in there and make an offer?