Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    great idea. and i dont care if ya quit the game after 30 days ur stuff gets put in the FFA bins. i wont let that crap stay in 1 spot when im busy. ( like it is atm and i got 1 hell of a mess to clean up cuz they quit) on the plus side i like the idea for crafters guild could also be a hunting guild, put 1 in each starting zone hidden away for folks to find. Would be fun and for doing said guilds quests u can get rare stuff mb have the building grant sum sort of crafting bonus .

Quote Originally Posted by TrackerAsmodel View Post
    Well like i mentioned before, the buildings wouldn't be owned by any one or on tribal land, therefore bins would be personal. Now to keep it that way, the area around the hall up to a certain radius would have to be non claimable so that no one could drop a totem and steal everything.

If the players build them then how are they not owned?
    This would be protected safe areas?

I like the concept of guildhalls. I dont like how this would do it. I think players should be able to build a guild hall on their tribal lands, and it should offer benefits to them. Only people of the correct craft could build them. Meaning you would need a master of the craft to build it with a builder.

Then these guildhalls could be used to craft better stuff, maybe even have a way to improve resources.

They won't be player built. That portion is only for poeple to submit the designs that go up for vote. Either myself or someone on the team would build the final project.

I am liking this idea more and more. It weould be a great place to meet and swap stuff. +5 for Asmodel

I'm with DDT on this one.

I agree that different buildings should get different benefits.

But if I planned to start a guild, I wouldn't want to have to compete with an in-game mechanism. Leave it to the players to create this. If you don't, you'll end up having to impose your own set of rules and regulations on 'guilding', which in turn robs us of yet another aspect of imaginative creativity. If you want how your guild works to be spoon fed to you, go right ahead with that idea.

I foresee the fruition of the suggested implementation of this idea being this: 'These are the places you go to find noob caravans to rob.'. Think that through carefully.

Like the concept, hate the suggested implementation. Just let players build guild halls, outposts, trading posts, forts, shops, pubs, eatery, livery, etc...

The more you section the game off, the less I want to be a part of it. It's like giving a 3 yo. a bunch of blocks to play with and then telling them how they have to stack them. Do you want us to play? Or do you want to play for us? It makes me angry.

I think if there was a way to zone areas of the tribe or create "rooms" or "zones" inside of totem areas that have owernship then it would be a solution that is awsoem.

I have to really mention minecraft here because there are plugins like icoland, towny and factions that all deal with territory control/protection since the game has basically no protection what so ever.

If there was a way for the tribe lands to be zoned so that this square here can be rented to person X with X permissions for X currency per week reguardless of there tribe that would open up new mechanics.

Maybe if they let us for our own guilds(not clans guild in the sense of like a miners guild) and members of those guilds could build in there home tribe and sublet a portion of the tribe area for the guild so that any member of that guild can have a rule set in that zone reguardless of there tribe.

I really wish there was a unifiyed currency in the game and that land was rented for ownership, which could be then be divided up and rented to other people, at which point people could set rules for the land they buy/rent, all of which required upkeep. perhaps even at a certain size you needed either a tribe or a guild to claim/rent land.

Too bad jordi doesn't know notch, imagine if that guy came over here and helped jordi out there are several systems in wurm that already flesh out some of the ideas in todo list.

I think the problem is that Tribes which are political organizations are used to form the villages and we can't really grow past villages because we can't control regions as groups of tribes or even a mix of tribes and individuals.

We have to live with our clan we can't be members of a clan but live in other peoples cities and this is basically a flaw in the game. thats why there is such little demand for achitechture.

If we could form cities where multiple tribes and individuals live and we could zone it off so that mayors could function like tribe leaders currently do the game would really open up like one hugh sim city mmo, at least the buiding in god mode part.

Ok let me straighten out something with this. No one mentioned it being a final on there being enhancements with these buildings. Like i said i was bringing up the idea of just the building and now its in the players hands to take that idea further. If you want to suggest that they do then do so, but don't turn this into something its not. Thank you.

If they are not player built, then for sure I do not like this idea.

Player build ones would be great.
    They should be built into tribe areas, and the tribe should need master crafts of that type to work together as a team. Meaning if you want to put up a weaponcrafting guildhall you would need to use a weaponcrafter to build things for the guildhall. Not just a weaponcrafter but a master crafter. Maybe like some master weapons. So you get an architect to help build the basic stuff, and a master weapon crafter has to be the one to complete it with some master weapons. These weapons could then be displayed or something too.

Bonuses for crafting inside these guild halls should be things like faster recipe gains, faster skill ups.
    Also only 1 guild hall per tribe. ANYONE not even tribe members could get the bonuses for these guildhalls.

It would also be great if maybe only 1 guild hall of a type per zone.

You can also work PVP into it if you want.

With something like only contested totems could use guildhalls, but really that would make sense. Anyways there are tons of ideas you could do, but I dont like the idea of devs making buildings and other things. I dont like the idea of more safe zones we already have more than enough.

IMO guilds should be formed by players similarly to tribes. In order to start a guild, a player would need to be a grandmaster. Guild Ranks would be determined primarily by level and secondarily by amount of actions performed in the guild area. If many guild members of a certain rank are present a project for guildhall of a certain caliber may be placed. The guild halls would have construction projects distinctive to that craft which could be placed in the radius of the guild hall. A value you could be associated with each project to limit the amount of benefit could be received from a certain guild hall at once, the limit would increase with more grand guild halls. For example, the leathercraft area could have tanning racks and barrels, stretching racks, dying benches, painting benches, carving benches and stamping benches, Splitting Benches, as. Toolcrafters who join guilds of other crafts would be able to make higher quality tools for that craft, based on their rank. Guilds could form across several tribes but many seperate potentially rival guilds could form.

Players are already able to build these types of building with the new architecture parts. This idea does not have anything to do with tribes. This is something specifically for crafters, thieves, etc and the like. Ok let's think of it like guildhalls in say oblivion. you had your fighters guild, thieves guild, different crafting guilds.

Now out side of that, the other ideas that i see in this thread could also have a place, but i believe with the original idea at hand, i don't see how assuming its this when it hasn't even been implemented yet. Let's let those creative juices flow and try not to attack something that may bring folks in before it even starts.

B_ulam i agree with you and thats why the choice of where and what built would be up to the players. But this system should be outside of the tribe system as players shouldn't have to join a specific tribe just to be in that guild.

DDT I like the ideas you have set up and let me point out that right now since expansion isn't there yet it would still need to be owned by a tribe or person giving them full right to everything you own if you leave it there. With my proposal it would eliminate things being stolen. Now since no one owns them as well think about how fun it would be to siege for them ????