Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TrackerAsmodel View Post
    Players are already able to build these types of building with the new architecture parts. This idea does not have anything to do with tribes. This is something specifically for crafters, thieves, etc and the like. Ok let's think of it like guildhalls in say oblivion. you had your fighters guild, thieves guild, different crafting guilds.

Now out side of that, the other ideas that i see in this thread could also have a place, but i believe with the original idea at hand, i don't see how assuming its this when it hasn't even been implemented yet. Let's let those creative juices flow and try not to attack something that may bring folks in before it even starts.

B_ulam i agree with you and thats why the choice of where and what built would be up to the players. But this system should be outside of the tribe system as players shouldn't have to join a specific tribe just to be in that guild.

DDT I like the ideas you have set up and let me point out that right now since expansion isn't there yet it would still need to be owned by a tribe or person giving them full right to everything you own if you leave it there. With my proposal it would eliminate things being stolen. Now since no one owns them as well think about how fun it would be to siege for them ????

Huh? Did you play this game since the patch? No one can build guildhalls, nor do or can they build benches for tanning etc.

Tracker why would someone have to join a tribe just because a guildhall is there? Couldnt they use guildhalls even on other tribes lands? Heck you could even make it so that guild halls have storage slots that are useable by people not in the tribe its on.

I'm all for sieging stuff, but how would you protect a guildhall from being wiped out? Also why would someone want to attack it other than just being a jerk?

I like Roths (aka b_ulam) idea. I would think it needs to be done something like this, would be great. Lots of systems you can place for it like this.

What I dont want to see is another safe area, with protections that dont make sense nor reasons.

I liked the idea of having these guild halls to take a pilgrimage to.

I was also thinking maybe these could be guild halls in which once a year (game time), the top crafters of the guild go there for a round-table discussion with a dev... maybe Xsyon himself if time allows, or another person with no potential conflict of interest (ie. not a player guide). During these meetings, the top crafters could ask questions, express concerns, give feedback and suggestions directly to Xsyon himself.

The crafters in question could also wind up being representatives of their area in that they might be sought out to bring an idea to the meeting.

Was also thinking maybe each one of the 8-12 crafters would need to bring one rare, special item. Some of these items would be used to create a new recipe to be given at the following year's meeting. Maybe it's one guild hall with the top representatives of all crafts meeting to discuss how to create new recipes together with their particular specialties working in unison.

I don't really see any reason or need to bring tribes and sieging and blah blah woof woof into it... something a little different is ok once in a while.

@ DDT

What i meant is that you can build a building and call it a guildhall. And true this should not be another safe area nor was that suggested. Only that no one would be able to take claim on peoples precious items. Maybe a guild vault would suffice for storage that you'd be able to walk in.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    I liked the idea of having these guild halls to take a pilgrimage to.

I was also thinking maybe these could be guild halls in which once a year (game time), the top crafters of the guild go there for a round-table discussion with a dev... maybe Xsyon himself if time allows, or another person with no potential conflict of interest (ie. not a player guide). During these meetings, the top crafters could ask questions, express concerns, give feedback and suggestions directly to Xsyon himself.

The crafters in question could also wind up being representatives of their area in that they might be sought out to bring an idea to the meeting.

Was also thinking maybe each one of the 8-12 crafters would need to bring one rare, special item. Some of these items would be used to create a new recipe to be given at the following year's meeting. Maybe it's one guild hall with the top representatives of all crafts meeting to discuss how to create new recipes together with their particular specialties working in unison.

I don't really see any reason or need to bring tribes and sieging and blah blah woof woof into it... something a little different is ok once in a while.

I'm not saying it would need to have sieging with it. I just dont like stuff thats done by devs built in the sandbox. Also these structures wouldnt be controlled by a player or a tribe they would just be 100% protected areas. Not good in a sandbox IMO.

Which is why I believe tribes should build them. They should be hard to build and take teams of master crafters to make. If they make it a building thats very hard and very rare then I believe that's what the whole point is. Also give reasons to open it up to outsiders, like more people crafting there, yields better skill, and chance for higher crafted items.

My point is, not another safe protected dev made restricted area. We have enough of those already.

@ DDT

What i meant is that you can build a building and call it a guildhall. And true this should not be another safe area nor was that suggested. Only that no one would be able to take claim on peoples precious items. Maybe a guild vault would suffice for storage that you'd be able to walk in.
    Building a building and calling id a guildhall is one thing. Giving it bonuses and things like that is another. If you give leaders the options to put bonuses on these buildings (which I do not believe is a good idea) then you would have a point. But pretty sure you not going to do that.

Allow ALL buildings to have a reason to build them other than just looks. Guildhalls should be more rare, harder to build, take teams of people with master craftsmanship and rare resources. Yet allow them to have good or great bonuses to that craft once that is built.

Also you could limit each tribe area to building only 1 type of guild hall. This would kinda set that tribe as the mecca of that crafting type.

Not everything needs to always be boiled down to safety vs. pvp... Was thinking this was a neutral place for professionals of a trade to meet and discuss their profession. A place where aspiring professionals can travel to and be in awe of their trade.

If it becomes yet another "we are uber tribe of [insert random craft or whatever]"... I'd just lose interest I think. Paying homage to a mystical place of unknown origin is one thing, and I rather liked the idea. Eyes kinda glaze over with all the other stuff.

I feel your pain Book i feeeeeeel your pain. Can we take safety and pvp off the table and just talk about how nice it would be for like minded professional to come congregate under one place. All that other jazz could get smoothed out later. Besides why would someone come barging in an unknown place with what could be 100+ people in it anyway? This area would be like a barber shop, you come in, you know so and so, you come chat, you leave happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    Not everything needs to always be boiled down to safety vs. pvp... Was thinking this was a neutral place for professionals of a trade to meet and discuss their profession. A place where aspiring professionals can travel to and be in awe of their trade.

If it becomes yet another "we are uber tribe of [insert random craft or whatever]"... I'd just lose interest I think. Paying homage to a mystical place of unknown origin is one thing, and I rather liked the idea. Eyes kinda glaze over with all the other stuff.
    I feel your pain Book i feeeeeeel your pain. Can we take safety and pvp off the table and just talk about how nice it would be for like minded professional to come congregate under one place. All that other jazz could get smoothed out later. Besides why would someone come barging in an unknown place with what could be 100+ people in it anyway? This area would be like a barber shop, you come in, you know so and so, you come chat, you leave happy.

Im glad. You have your opinion. Great. I have mine.

I have no idea what you are talking about Book because there is ZERO things to fight for in this game right now. So what are you talking about "another".

We already have many safe areas. Ever think maybe other people would like something OTHER than a safe area? Dunno just a thought. I also already said. You can build it in tribes (thus 100% safe). I see no point in having a DEV made building. I see no point in having MORE RESTRICTIONS in a sandbox game.

How is having a guildhall in a tribe area, mean anything to do with PVP? Why is this brought into it? I didnt bring it into it.

Not everything needs to always be boiled down to safety vs. pvp... Was thinking this was a neutral place
    Because anything truly 'neutral' has to be enforced by game mechanics Book.

If players are free to group themselves together in whatever manner they see fit, and they are also free to establish their own meeting places and buildings, why do we need this building? What's the point?

What does this building offer that player built structures do not, and thereby requires the devs to make it? If you're saying it offers the 'benefit' of not being in someones tribal area? How is that a benefit again?

Maybe I just don't get it.

All that other jazz could get smoothed out later.
    Like a pothole that gets bigger every year and has to be filled repeatedly until the road is rebuilt?

Agree with MrDDT, Devs/Guides shouldn't have to make buildings they should be player made, they have made enough already - arenas for example near founders land.
    Also when building they use tools/exploits to position and arrange things which are not actually available to normal players (they can create structures which players cant). This is misleading to new players about what can be done.

Yeh we would all love a mary poppins bag but its not in the spirit of the game.......just a spoon full of sugar......
    Yeh its a cool place to host events but should be player made in my opinion

I'm not sure if that has been brought up, but I wanted to bring this suggestion out to the public. I was thinking the other day that with all the new architecture parts and such we're able to build real buildings, so why not have actual guild halls. Now I'm not talking tribe halls, I mean the sort of underground guilds that one must prove themselves to get in like say the Weapon-smiths guild. It would be places that players build were like minded guilds folk could congregate and find resources etc to help progress players who seek to be masters of their professions. Now this idea could lead to all sorts of things so I'll end with that. Discuss.
    Nice idea. A guildhall could be a place where players gather and meet, finally a hub for player interaction. It could provide some advantages in crafting, and its much more fun to grind skills up when there are players around.

If the devs ever want to implement money in the game ( not the one we have now but one with real value) then this could be a place where crafted items could be traded into money. Not necessarily with a human NPC, it could be a chest where we put some stuffs in and get money in return. That would make grinding crafts less tedious, if we actually got something out of the crafted items and we wouldn't have to destroy them.