Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Cool Guild halls in an apocalyptic time

I'm not sure if that has been brought up, but I wanted to bring this suggestion out to the public. I was thinking the other day that with all the new architecture parts and such we're able to build real buildings, so why not have actual guild halls. Now I'm not talking tribe halls, I mean the sort of underground guilds that one must prove themselves to get in like say the Weapon-smiths guild. It would be places that players build were like minded guilds folk could congregate and find resources etc to help progress players who seek to be masters of their professions. Now this idea could lead to all sorts of things so I'll end with that. Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by TrackerAsmodel View Post
    I'm not sure if that has been brought up, but I wanted to bring this suggestion out to the public. I was thinking the other day that with all the new architecture parts and such we're able to build real buildings, so why not have actual guild halls. Now I'm not talking tribe halls, I mean the sort of underground guilds that one much prove themselves to get in like say the Weapon-smiths guild. It would be places that players build were like minded guilds folk could congregate and find resources etc to help progress players who seek to be masters of their professions. Now this idea could lead to all sorts of things so I'll end with that. Discuss.
    Win. End discussion.

This is of course up to the players if they want to do something like this. But first we would need truly personal baskets. Just because you were a leader of a great civilization like say, Rome, that doesn't mean you have access to everyone personal lock boxes without their key. I just see problems with trust if these players aren't part of the same tribe, but perhaps just use the guild hall to store resources and craft high level items.

Exactly, i was thinking of that very thing. Maybe make them public buildings or something of the sort that no one owned and they couldn't be dismantled. We could have a players submit design ideas via ones they've created in world for a vote, if this were implemented, and a guide or someone would build it at location of again player votes. But we could put a twist on it and say that only the most active or the top 10 crafters of said profession knew the location and others would have to find it.

Yeah, great idea . Maybe after the map is expanded? Crafters guild halls would probably want to be on junk piles and as of now, there aren't many available spots on junk piles.

It bothers me that crafters isn't a word, it should be. Craftsmen is though.

You know the reason for the access to all containers is more of a adminstration feature more than anything. There is no Packup to Datapad like in Starwars galaxies for other players buildings.

With out it you would never be able to remove baskets from players that quit and dont have a acctive account.

This kinda goes back to what i was saying about letting homesteads/tribes form villages, villages to form cities and cities to form nations.

Right. That can still work while being private. Unsubscribed accounts lose their lock and key and baskets become available to all.

Make that unsubscribed for 3+ months or something. In case people can't play. But after 3 months, why should you deserve a lock and key to all your stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    Right. That can still work while being private. Unsubscribed accounts lose their lock and key and baskets become available to all.

Make that unsubscribed for 3+ months or something. In case people can't play. But after 3 months, why should you deserve a lock and key to all your stuff?
    Hmm, I don't know. I have been known to leave a game and then go back in about a year and play again. If I lost all my stuff then I probably would not go back, not want ing to have to start all over from scratch. I realize that my items in the bank are not taking up actual ( or is it virtual) space in the games world like baskets would here in Xsyon, and I wouldn't expect to be able to keep my homestead after being away a year, but I would like to be able to keep some important stuff in a safe place for when I return to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ivolta View Post
    Hmm, I don't know. I have been known to leave a game and then go back in about a year and play again. If I lost all my stuff then I probably would not go back, not want ing to have to start all over from scratch. I realize that my items in the bank are not taking up actual ( or is it virtual) space in the games world like baskets would here in Xsyon, and I wouldn't expect to be able to keep my homestead after being away a year, but I would like to be able to keep some important stuff in a safe place for when I return to the game.
    Make it not apply to homesteads unless the entire totem decays.

Or just make it so if we really need to move a basket of a player that has quit, just ask a guide. I would rather have true personal items than baskets you can move for administration purposes. But no way should there be personal items can be stolen from personal baskets, by anyone. The safest place in the game for baskets at the moment, is about 10-20 meters outside of your boundary line. Not even the leader of a tribe can steal from you then. It shouldn't have to be this way.

Well like i mentioned before, the buildings wouldn't be owned by any one or on tribal land, therefore bins would be personal. Now to keep it that way, the area around the hall up to a certain radius would have to be non claimable so that no one could drop a totem and steal everything.

Everything Asmodel is suggesting sounds awesome. HUGE +1 to this idea.

Here's something that just popped into my head. What if each guild hall (weaponsmiths, woodcrafters, leathercraft, etc) was able to be used only by the alignment (good/neutral/evil) that controls it, and the alignments could have some mechanism to fight for control and eventual use of the guild hall? This obviously means the guild hall would have to have some factor other than just a literal place to meet up for those of that profession.

Correction: this entire thread is win. I hope we see something like this in the future