Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Really, I thought it was a great idea when Willowhawk posted it back at the beginning of June, LOL.

"If however the aggressors lose the battle they must face dire humiliation. The defenders get to post the heads of the attackers on pikes on their tribal lands for two week as a message to any would be attackers that this is what happened to the last tribe that tried attacked us. The heads would also have the names of the defeated aggressors just like our name tags are now. The humiliation factor =) As well the defenders would get Defender banner and some compensation for being attacked. Since there is currently no real monetary system, this would be difficult. But I would suggest something like 10 items from the aggressors stocks. I imagine the programmers will hate this idea because of the logistics, but I’m not a programmer so it may be easier than I am imagining."

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    Correction, human heads are already in the game data files
    https://sites.google.com/site/shadow...e-data/animals

But we won't get them from killing players. Perhaps human mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverspirit View Post
    Really, I thought it was a great idea when Willowhawk posted it back at the beginning of June, LOL.

"If however the aggressors lose the battle they must face dire humiliation. The defenders get to post the heads of the attackers on pikes on their tribal lands for two week as a message to any would be attackers that this is what happened to the last tribe that tried attacked us. The heads would also have the names of the defeated aggressors just like our name tags are now. The humiliation factor =) As well the defenders would get Defender banner and some compensation for being attacked. Since there is currently no real monetary system, this would be difficult. But I would suggest something like 10 items from the aggressors stocks. I imagine the programmers will hate this idea because of the logistics, but I’m not a programmer so it may be easier than I am imagining."
    Me and a friend were just talking about this today, didn't see the original post and didn't mean to rip anyone off, its still basically a different idea being that its kill contracts. But yeah, I would still love to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    Me and a friend were just talking about this today, didn't see the original post and didn't mean to rip anyone off, its still basically a different idea being that its kill contracts. But yeah, I would still love to see this.
    No worries Rahl, we thought it was funny "Seriously BEST IDEA EVER" So I'll take it as a compliment Besides, the more people that post this concept (or similar), the more chance we may see this happen someday.

atleast the decapitating bounty part can happen. maybe not the part about spiking heads otherwise people would abuse it and there would be 1000s of heads at Templar.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    atleast the decapitating bounty part can happen. maybe not the part about spiking heads otherwise people would abuse it and there would be 1000s of heads at Templar.
    This is why I suggested that the heads on pikes decompose after a week or two to prevent it from becoming a strictly "trophy agenda". Also that the only time you could get a "Named" head would be if you killed an aggressor on your own tribal land. That was the original intent of placing heads on pikes, to warn any would be aggressors. However as Brook said "Sidenote: Player-named skull used in crafting a piece of armor... now THAT's got some crazy mad potential there Willowhawk, I like it." That could make for some valuable crafted armor that people might pay a lot to have LOL.

I had come up with this exact idea a long time ago but no one seemed to like the idea haha. I still think we should be able to take trophies off player kills and display them somehow. Even good tribes could have the heads of evil players that attacked the good city and failed. One thing you could do (the other ideas in this thread are better, but this is just extra) to prevent the exploitation of such a system would be to be able to click on the pike or whatever and see who's head it was and maybe what their alignment at the time was. Also, being able to display them inside a building would be pretty sweet as well (think taxidermy moose heads on a wooden board).

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Also, being able to display them inside a building would be pretty sweet as well (think taxidermy moose heads on a wooden board).
    I like the taxidermy idea. They had taxidermy skill in Irth but not for player heads lol.

I would slave my ass off for weeks doing whatever you want for verywiitee's head

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    This is why I suggested that the heads on pikes decompose after a week or two to prevent it from becoming a strictly "trophy agenda". Also that the only time you could get a "Named" head would be if you killed an aggressor on your own tribal land. That was the original intent of placing heads on pikes, to warn any would be aggressors. However as Brook said "Sidenote: Player-named skull used in crafting a piece of armor... now THAT's got some crazy mad potential there Willowhawk, I like it." That could make for some valuable crafted armor that people might pay a lot to have LOL.
    It's too easy to exploit an aggressor on your own tribe land. Alt account....it seems to be a huge problem with a lot of abuse potential