Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

cannot connect .. incorrect game version..??

so i see the server just came up i hit the patch button it goes through its deal and then i get to the second login screen i put in my info and i get cannot connect .. incorrect game version....

anyone else getting this?

Yes so i guess no update testing before going to bed ^^

seems someone made a mistake with the patcher giving the wrong update information..

or it has to do with

We're going to spend about 30 minutes checking various locations to make sure everything was converted correctly

this update in general was very badly planned... why would you patch during the day? patch at like 2am when there are like 5 people playing.

Quote Originally Posted by vincam View Post
    this update in general was very badly planned... why would you patch during the day? patch at like 2am when there are like 5 people playing.
    Considering other games major patches this went off pretty well (not really awesome.. but better then some).. And just because its mid day where you live doesn't mean its mid day every where else..

So chill on bashing them.. they are trying their best.

yeah as much as i'd like to bash folks on 'patch timing'...in mmo land it always is 12:00 somewhere. mid week. middle of the day na time, not bad so long as it gets finished before the na audience comes home from work.

and really, who really plans on getting in game time in any game after a major patch? always bugs, roll backs, etc. go outside, watch a movie, laugh on the forums when everyone is crying about the 12hr roll back that happened while you were out doing 'real' stuff

4 mb ? or did i missed some other download earlier

The total patch was about 45mb including the first patch and second patch that arrived or I just didn't get the 4mbit I dl'ed the second time the first time.

They started patching around 4pm.. I started cleaning. At 8pm I came back to know it would take an hour more, at 9 I was told it would take 2 hours more. I decided to just download the patch and go to bed early. My assumption was correct. I'm not whining they took half a day patching this shit. It is the first time it has taken this long and the first time they reach a normal MMO's patching hours.

Thumbs up for teh patch.