Ok let me start off with, great game the potential is definitly there. I am fairly new, about 4 days i think. My first character was arc/log naturally, bad idea. tools tools tools. So I am thinking to myself I can fix this. So I delete my hard earned 3 day old toon and create another one. This time I got wisdom on my side, Toolmaker! From here "With some time and work" I can create what I need to survive. NOT!
Let me say this, There is very little that sways me. I can do the lag, I can do disconnects, I can even do Payed Beta. Please understand. I see the team here working diligently to sort things out, cuddos to you and your team.
However what I cannot do Is sheer lack of gameplay. Let me explain. As it stands I can only make one tool. Not because of recources, not because of lack of recipes, but because of lack of tools. Thats right, the tool maker does not have the correct tools to make tools he needs. I have been standing on this scap pile for 3/4 of the day searching and mining and I still can only make one tool due to the lack of tools. BTW, I already have the tool I am making LOL only a matter of time before my hammer breaks god forbid.
NP! I will just trade and or mooch from the player base. Oh, wait a minute, there is no player base, no economy and no tools to be mooched and or earned. I would wander a bit and see if i could find somone but alas i get lost one block from my totem "no map". So unless I am missing somthing thats not there I am deadlock.
This I cannot tolerate. On my day off I have managed 100 wrenches and no better off than I was this am. This will certinaly cause me to move on to better horizens.
Ok, I feel better now My kingdom for a chisel. "i have the recipe, not the tools LOL"