Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I admit, I'm one of the people who hasn't tried the game yet because of the lack of a trial. I've been playing Wurm Online and looking for similar games, and Xsyon had me excited for a really long time, but upon seeing it's not only $40 with no trial, but also has a monthly subscription of $15, I just don't know if I can get on board with that, especially if the game isn't even in a "finished" state.

It looks like an amazing game, and I would probably love it, but there are similar games out there at a much lower price, and I would need to know definitively what Xsyon is bringing to the table that these other games are not. Obviously, people who are in love with the game are going to insist that the price is worth it, but why? What makes Xsyon special?

Again, I say this as a person who would love to jump on board, but I'm apprehensive. I stopped playing stuff like WoW because of the monthly fee and the lack of feeling accomplished; sandbox games are where it's at for me. But WoW was a finished product.

To me, what is "Finished"?

If the game is fun, and takes my time to play (meaning I want to play it each month) I would spend the money. To me people asking for a free trial are 1)People that wouldnt buy anyways, 2)People that dont want to bother looking at a video to see if its what they like or not.

There are 100s of videos of Xsyon now. Heck even people live-streaming it. Take a min to look at the videos and make the choice. Adding in a trial will break the game, or remove most of the freedoms making the trial just a pain for both the trial player and the devs.

With so many Free to Play games(like Wurm) out there, And people being able to jump in and out of games with nothing to lose. I'm glad this little game went with a Sub. I have played both types of games, And one thing that I found for myself is that when I sub games. I feel ownership of it, And want to play and learn all I can. And when I play F2P games, There's nothing. I play for a week or two and move on. I know not every one has $40(like me) for a game, But when it comes to buying a game. It's cheap, Also when it comes to $15 Sub. I spend way more than that on them so called Free to Play games I only spend a few weeks playing.

Also
    Of all the Buy/Sub MMO's that I have played non of them have ever had a free trail this soon. And when it comes to this small team dealing with this game, I don't see them having time to ever think of a free trail within the next year. So unless you ask and have them give you(If they will) a free weekend/week play to try it out. All I can say is do what MrDDT said and watch the Vid's to get a feel, Or hunker down in Wurm and wait till things change here.

I guess my issue is that a lot of the videos I've seen for Xsyon are outdated. People say, "Oh, it's not like that now." So it's difficult to gauge what features are actually currently in the game, and what the combat might be like now compared to "back then", etc. I can watch videos all day long, but it's hard to tell what the game is actually LIKE right now without being able to give it a go. And I may very well end up paying in the future. This game looks amazing, like I said. But I don't entirely see what it offers that a game like Wurm doesn't, is what I'm trying to say.

http://www.youtube.com/user/gavinXT

http://www.youtube.com/user/Saintbob001

Either one of those are updated, just look at the ones in the last 4 months.