Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Create a trial or lower the price during beta.

Yes, I've read some threads on why there is no trial; "because it is in beta", alright, so lower the price of the beta. Minecraft did it, Natural Selection did it, and Overgrowth did it. You should do it too.

I am genuinely interested in this game. I just tried out the 14 day trial of Mortal Online and thought it was so interesting I decided to purchase the game at a full $40 dollars, largely in part to support the developers, even though the game is unfinished. I recently heard someone talking about how Xsyon is even better, and after reading about it was eager to try it out. Unfortunately, the game is priced at a whopping $40 dollars with no trial.
    I understand that the game developers don't want to have a broken trial out to the public, that's not a big deal. What bothers me is that they are still charging $40 dollars plus a subscription fee for beta content while trying to justify the fact that there is no trial.
    As a possible customer, this has already left me with an uneasy feeling about this company, it's game, and it's motives. Most of the betas I have supported are relatively generous and thankful to the participating customers, offering a significant discount until the game is ready for a full release. This makes me a happy customer, and this makes me proud to support a game and it's developers. Xsyon on the other hand is giving me the opposite impression. Charging full price, full subscription, no trial, for only a beta. This certainly seems like a good way to lose any potential customers. Even though Xsyon is not interested in being the next WoW, it seems it is pushing away a lot of people who might be potentially into this sort of game.

The game is not in beta. It launched in March.

Then they have no excuse not to offer a trial now

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    The game is not in beta. It launched in March.
    As much as we both love this game Jadzia (if you still do, that is), you're lying to yourself. The game is nothing close to a full release and we both know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    As much as we both love this game Jadzia (if you still do, that is), you're lying to yourself. The game is nothing close to a full release and we both know it.
    I agree that the game is far from being finished, I simply informed him that it is officially released.

I just started the game so i'm not expierienced in xsyon but i think that a trial could give an energy to the game because there are many ppl that want to test what they are gonna buy.
    I was playing another mmo and the trials where very helpfull to regenerate the activity of that game...not always but there where times that the noob areas were full of players....
    My opinion is that the same could happen here since the game is new (comparing with other mmo's ) and if 20% of the trialers continue the game then it could be more alive and could have more fun.
    Trying a trial makes ppl to look for updates or patches or discusions on forums even if they don t continue to play after the expire of trial...because they get the idea of the game...

and 75% of the trial accounts mess up the game for the other 100% of the paying players.

In order to have a trial they would need to figure out a way so that trial accounts can't place totems and terraform, as the game world is already limited for current players due to inactive non decaying indestructible totems.
    I would rather they spend their time fixing current issues so until then I vote no trial.

why not let them try it out on the test server

Quote Originally Posted by L0rd0fIvIetal View Post
    why not let them try it out on the test server
    One major problem with that is the support for the new trials. Guides and stuff.

Sure they could just say "Well we wont support them with guides" but comes really is those people will see that as the true game, and people will have a bad taste and its not right. Plus the time for the devs to put it into place.