Yes, I've read some threads on why there is no trial; "because it is in beta", alright, so lower the price of the beta. Minecraft did it, Natural Selection did it, and Overgrowth did it. You should do it too.

I am genuinely interested in this game. I just tried out the 14 day trial of Mortal Online and thought it was so interesting I decided to purchase the game at a full $40 dollars, largely in part to support the developers, even though the game is unfinished. I recently heard someone talking about how Xsyon is even better, and after reading about it was eager to try it out. Unfortunately, the game is priced at a whopping $40 dollars with no trial.
I understand that the game developers don't want to have a broken trial out to the public, that's not a big deal. What bothers me is that they are still charging $40 dollars plus a subscription fee for beta content while trying to justify the fact that there is no trial.
As a possible customer, this has already left me with an uneasy feeling about this company, it's game, and it's motives. Most of the betas I have supported are relatively generous and thankful to the participating customers, offering a significant discount until the game is ready for a full release. This makes me a happy customer, and this makes me proud to support a game and it's developers. Xsyon on the other hand is giving me the opposite impression. Charging full price, full subscription, no trial, for only a beta. This certainly seems like a good way to lose any potential customers. Even though Xsyon is not interested in being the next WoW, it seems it is pushing away a lot of people who might be potentially into this sort of game.