Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Re:Will the carebears ruin xsyon...

I refuse to read this thread. The answer is:

Not if we kill em' first .

Carebear power baby! We dont want Xsyon to have anymore than 20% pvp. And if you do attack me, I can walk away from you while your stuck in a combat stance, doing a crab-walk while trying to keep up with me. But that wont even really matter because the prelude is one big safety-net, and where in the off-chance I might be in a remote location where it isn't, you'll need a declaration of war, which I wont agree to, in order to attack me.

[b]jessebfox wrote:[/b]
    [quote][b]Palo god wrote:[/b]
    [quote][b]r0ss0 wrote:[/b]
    [quote]The carebears QQ
    You the PK QQ

So what is the diffrence? [/quote]

The ones that get game mechanics nerfed.[/quote]

So just to clarify:

If a game is designed to be pretty much catering to what many call 'carebears', by designing evil/pvp to be so rare that only 20% of the population become evil, and make it so that it is easy for the carebears to avoid fights, and then the PK QQ's to get the protection game mechanics nerfed, then you are saying it is the PK who is "ruining xsyon"?

Are you championing for the thread to be renamed "Will the PKers ruin Xsyon?"??

Or are you saying that what Virtus posted about the overall direction of the game as the devs want it is incorrect?[/quote]

It's not catering to them. The 20% is to make a balance as 50% would make the game into one giant gank fest. Making the game playable isn't catering to "carebears". I can guarantee you that if this game doesn't get pvp right that it will fail harder and faster then MO and Dark fall. The direction of the game isn't to get no life crafters that grind making bows 24 hours a day that want pvp to only be allowed in certain areas.

On a more serious note, the game is supposed to have open pvp. It works in games like Wurm and Darkfall, and it's the way I like it. When I get killed I don't off and cry, I just either get stronger or get some strong friends, either way it worked out for the best. I honestly have to wonder why people enjoy walking about the world and picking berries without having so much as a mosquito biting their ass, it's much more entertaining when you have to worry about defenses. Whats the point of building some massive fortress if no ones going to attack it? And then, what's the point of having good gear and weapon and such with a strong character if no one ever attacks you? It really siphons the point of the game away if you never have to worry about getting killed. A lot of the fun of Dark Fall is in knowing that if you want to explore you have the risk of being castrated out on one of your hunting trips, or that some one is going to come up from behind and shove a sword through your gut while you're wood cutting. I like having choices, and when I feel like lodging an arrow in my enemies face I think I will do just that.

Open pvp opens possibilities to a lot of things that would other wise not exist. You say it will be a grief fest, but in Wurm it's the way we stop people from griefing. Some one comes over and starts digging down your farm, without open pvp you sit down and watch them, yelling various profanities and wishing they'd go away. With it, you walk over and stab them in their kidney, then watch them drag their mutilated corpse away and eventually bleed out over yonder hill. One is so much more satisfying.

If all you want to do is build stuff and craft you've got plenty of choices in games. Try habbo hotel, I think it'll be more to your taste.

[b]Reynolds wrote:[/b]
    [quote]No, carebears do want to ruin my fun. “Carebears” are the people that whine to the devs to get everything involving pvp nerfed or extremely restricted after they lose their items as a result of their stupid decisions.[/quote]

It sounds like you are looking for a completely unbalanced, unregulated grief fest. Where ever you find it, it will be a tiny niche community.

Hopefully Xsyon will be more of a game than that and you find a game more suited to your needs of a game. If Xsyon does become the game you want, I suspect it will become virtually empty within 6 months.

Most of the posts seem to be people asking for balanced gameplay, with a few rabid pvp players wanting the game to revolve around them and be a total grieffest and expect "carebears" to play ball and be easy targets for players like them.

Games that revolve around FFA griefing are very limited in scope and therefore only interest one fraction of the market. By balancing the gameplay so everyone has more fun than having "not fun" you'll reach a wider audience.

Of course some players want everything to revolve about their desire to grief.[/quote]

No, I’m looking for a game where my pvp isn’t restricted because of oversized safe zones where people trying to avoid all pvp and craft 24/7 can safely do everything the game has to offer in. You obviously have no idea about the kind of game I want.

I think the only safe zones there should be are the ones people make and the few provided by developers, and even those shouldn't be completely safe. If you build a guard tower and it fights off monsters and players, that's fine. You had to make it, so it's fair game. If the player is strong enough to go through the guard tower and kill you, then that's fair game as well. So what do you do? You make stronger fortifications. You shouldn't be able to sit in the wilderness and expect to be completely safe.

I agree with Palo god.

[b]Palo god wrote:[/b]
    [quote][b]jessebfox wrote:[/b]
    [quote]The carebears QQ
    You the PK QQ

So just to clarify:

If a game is designed to be pretty much catering to what many call 'carebears', by designing evil/pvp to be so rare that only 20% of the population become evil, and make it so that it is easy for the carebears to avoid fights, and then the PK QQ's to get the protection game mechanics nerfed, then you are saying it is the PK who is "ruining xsyon"?

Or are you saying that what Virtus posted about the overall direction of the game as the devs want it is incorrect?[/quote]

It's not catering to them. The 20% is to make a balance as 50% would make the game into one giant gank fest. Making the game playable isn't catering to "carebears". I can guarantee you that if this game doesn't get pvp right that it will fail harder and faster then MO and Dark fall. The direction of the game isn't to get no life crafters that grind making bows 24 hours a day that want pvp to only be allowed in certain areas.[/quote]

Like EVE failed...ohh, wait. Lets be honest. This is the first time i've actually seen someone try to rationalize that 20%=balanced game-play.

Lets be honest. The devs are leaning toward pve instead of pvp with the hidden number of 20% many just learned about.

Thats fine, but dont pretend that its balanced game-play when numerically it isn't, and when the most popular pvpve indie game is EVE, which has struck that balance, rather than 20/80.

[b]Vypre wrote:[/b]
    [quote]Carebear power baby! We dont want Xsyon to have anymore than 20% pvp. And if you do attack me, I can walk away from you while your stuck in a combat stance, doing a crab-walk while trying to keep up with me. But that wont even really matter because the prelude is one big safety-net, and where in the off-chance I might be in a remote location where it isn't, you'll need a declaration of war, which I wont agree to, in order to attack me.[/quote]

You don't have to agree to a declaration of war for a war to start. If you agree to one it just means you can choose when the battle starts and the terms of the battle. If you don't agree it will just start after a certain time.

I'm also sure that they will fix the slow crab walk attack style.

[b]Krux wrote:[/b]
    [quote][b]jessebfox wrote:[/b]
    [quote]The carebears QQ
    You the PK QQ

So just to clarify:

It's not catering to them. The 20% is to make a balance as 50% would make the game into one giant gank fest. Making the game playable isn't catering to "carebears". I can guarantee you that if this game doesn't get pvp right that it will fail harder and faster then MO and Dark fall. The direction of the game isn't to get no life crafters that grind making bows 24 hours a day that want pvp to only be allowed in certain areas.[/quote]

Like EVE failed...ohh, wait. Lets be honest. This is the first time i've actually seen someone try to rationalize that 20%=balanced game-play.

Lets be honest. The devs are leaning toward pve instead of pvp with the hidden number of 20% many just learned about.

Thats fine, but dont pretend that its balanced game-play when numerically it isn't, and when the most popular pvpve indie game is EVE, which has struck that balance, rather than 20/80.[/quote]

So you're saying a game mechanic has to be at 50% to be balanced? That's a stupid argument. EVE is a completely different game then the one Xsyon is trying to pull off. Don't compare apples and oranges.

[b]Palo god wrote:[/b]
    [quote][b]Reynolds wrote:[/b]
    [quote]No, carebears do want to ruin my fun. “Carebears” are the people that whine to the devs to get everything involving pvp nerfed or extremely restricted after they lose their items as a result of their stupid decisions.[/quote]

It sounds like you are looking for a completely unbalanced, unregulated grief fest. Where ever you find it, it will be a tiny niche community.

Hopefully Xsyon will be more of a game than that and you find a game more suited to your needs of a game. If Xsyon does become the game you want, I suspect it will become virtually empty within 6 months.

Most of the posts seem to be people asking for balanced gameplay, with a few rabid pvp players wanting the game to revolve around them and be a total grieffest and expect "carebears" to play ball and be easy targets for players like them.

Games that revolve around FFA griefing are very limited in scope and therefore only interest one fraction of the market. By balancing the gameplay so everyone has more fun than having "not fun" you'll reach a wider audience.

Of course some players want everything to revolve about their desire to grief.[/quote]

No, I’m looking for a game where my pvp isn’t restricted because of oversized safe zones where people trying to avoid all pvp and craft 24/7 can safely do everything the game has to offer in. You obviously have no idea about the kind of game I want.[/quote]

Then this is not the game you want...this one is planned to let the players to avoid PvP if they choose so.

[quote]You don't have to agree to a declaration of war for a war to start. If you agree to one it just means you can choose when the battle starts and the terms of the battle. If you don't agree it will just start after a certain time[/quote]

We have absolutely zero information about this, so this is only your guess, not an announced feature.

On the side note, Virtus stated that the modification of the current combat mode is not an option.