Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Re:Will the carebears ruin xsyon...

[b]CoolStoryBro wrote:[/b]
    [quote]Hopefully it will be harder to run from ambushes by the time the games fully started jesse.

Also I'm completely fine with penalties for pking however is should definitely be equal. If I try and kill someone they shouldn't be able to run way faster then me, maybe moderately. And if they pull out their weapon then they lose said bonus for say 30 seconds (to avoid people doing hit and runs).[/quote]

I don't think you get my point. Those numbers are the long term goal, the vision of the devs for Xsyon. In other words, the carebears can't get them to change TO that, because that is what they WANT. They being the devs. If you are hoping the devs change the game to not be a carebear game then it is you ruining it for them. Carebears can't ruin the game because it is slated to be a carebear game.

They don't want the game balanced between hard core pvp players/open pvp players and carebears (pvp avoiding crafters), read that thread. They want to make the rules favor the carebears so much that only 20% of the population is evil once everything settles down.

I believe off the bat the % will be much higher evil, because the hard core pvp players have no real home/game right now. That means the "consequences" for out of warfare pvp will stiffen and stiffen until the number is right around 20% red.

When this happens don't blame the carebears. From the sounds of it, blame your self for not realizing this is what the devs wanted in the first place. It was stated clear enough now. If that's not the kind of game you want, find another. Whining here about it is as bad as carebears whining in the DF forums.

I couldn't be bothered to read anyones posts or even the OP, I'm justing writing from reading the title.
    I think that carebears make these sorts of games, as if everyone was a combat char then it would be constant war and more like an ongoing deathmatch rather than an MMO. We need the carebears to be our crafters and gatherers. But then again if the carebears start to whine and ask for a seperate server then that would kill it

[b]jessebfox wrote:[/b]
    [quote][b]CoolStoryBro wrote:[/b]
    [quote]Hopefully it will be harder to run from ambushes by the time the games fully started jesse.

Also I'm completely fine with penalties for pking however is should definitely be equal. If I try and kill someone they shouldn't be able to run way faster then me, maybe moderately. And if they pull out their weapon then they lose said bonus for say 30 seconds (to avoid people doing hit and runs).[/quote]

I don't think you get my point. Those numbers are the long term goal, the vision of the devs for Xsyon. In other words, the carebears can't get them to change TO that, because that is what they WANT. They being the devs. If you are hoping the devs change the game to not be a carebear game then it is you ruining it for them. Carebears can't ruin the game because it is slated to be a carebear game.

They don't want the game balanced between hard core pvp players/open pvp players and carebears (pvp avoiding crafters), read that thread. They want to make the rules favor the carebears so much that only 20% of the population is evil once everything settles down.

I believe off the bat the % will be much higher evil, because the hard core pvp players have no real home/game right now. That means the "consequences" for out of warfare pvp will stiffen and stiffen until the number is right around 20% red.

When this happens don't blame the carebears. From the sounds of it, blame your self for not realizing this is what the devs wanted in the first place. It was stated clear enough now. If that's not the kind of game you want, find another. Whining here about it is as bad as carebears whining in the DF forums.[/quote]

Thats interesting. I missed the the thread or faq where Xsyon said they want 80% of the population non-evil, non-combative in a sense of not consenting to solo pvp.

Sincerely, please provide the link. Because last I read was Xsyon posting that they do not want the game to be out of balance in favor of ganking all the time, rather than un-balanced in favor of pve and crafting all the time. I understand the communicated purpose of prelude and progression of game-stages from more safe in prelude to more open as the game progresses, so again, this is just an interest to see the information by Xsyon about reported 80% you referred to.

I linked it in my first post, but I will link it again here. I made the thread because I got the distinct impression from their posts they were aiming for a game that was light on the pvp. So I asked for answers. The original question is very long but the answers are concise.

[url]http://www.xsyon.com/forums/7-public-support/16083-very-long-4-questions-for-jooky[/url]

I saw that. I hadn't played Virtus in the dev department so maybe I mistakenly didnt take his answer as Xsyon. But if he's confident in that answer, I'd like to see the FAQ updated. We dont need players with a "misconception" of what Xsyon isn't.

Virtus as a Admin for the forums must have some nice information, after all this is the forum on Xsyon, not Xsyon unofficial forum.

Nothing stops you from declaring war on the carebear tribe and stabbing em in their happy rainbow spot.

Yea, so lets get the faq updated with the fact that the game-play will be governed so that no more than 20% of open game-play will be influenced by combative player vs player. It'll help keep out those that the game isn't for.

i have no problem with people living out of a safe NPC city....if the noobs want to pay $15 a month just to craft then by all means go ahead....i only play these games for the group PvP dynamic so thats where you are going to find me

[b]Ciik wrote:[/b]
    [quote]Yea, so lets get the faq updated with the fact that the game-play will be governed so that no more than 20% of open game-play will be influenced by combative player vs player. It'll help keep out those that the game isn't for.[/quote]

I agree something should be put in the faq. 20% is their goal, I don't take it so that it will be governed so that 'no more' than 20%. Semantics I know, but still.

The features list nothing (that I can recall) about pvp being a feature of the game so that doesn't need to be changed, but maybe a new question added to faq something like "how common will evil players be?" or "how common is pvp going to be outside of tribal warfare?"

Because I think you are 1000% right, we don't need more players with a misconception of what the game is. Especially if it is a critical aspect of the game for them, and for many this is.