Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Will the carebears ruin xsyon...

...with their carebear stare?

I’ve recently noticed a huge influx of carebears coming into the forum community. If a large chunk of the player base gradually and eventually just becomes crafters that want to be completely safe at all times, crafters that just grind crafting items they’re never going to use 24/7, will the xsyon team change the core game mechanics and the original image of the game to cater to these people? Or will they continue with their original game ideas regardless of what the carebears say?

Re:Will the carebears ruin xsyon...

I'm pretty sure, all the crafters watched in horror as the Darkfallers came over as well.

Well the game is not going to be a gank fest.
    I surmise the crafters therefore will still be safe most of the time.
    That is, a gank fest is when your safe none of the time.

Re:Will the Griefing/Ganking PK Trolls ruin xsyon?

Same argument goes the other way.

But since we don't know yet how the killing penalties will work, it is hard to say which group will feel at home in Xsyon.

What you dont realize is that carebears are what make the world go round, without them you wouldnt get that nice shiny new helmet, or timber stack.

that was part of the reason df economy failed so much, to much gank fest, so all the squishy lil crafters left.

tis better to gank less and get more gears then to gank more and only find nakeds

[b]CoolStoryBro wrote:[/b]
    [quote]What you dont realize is that carebears are what make the world go round, without them you wouldnt get that nice shiny new helmet, or timber stack.

that was part of the reason df economy failed so much, to much gank fest, so all the squishy lil crafters left.

tis better to gank less and get more gears then to gank more and only find nakeds[/quote]

I agree, The more they craft the more they sell the more people that have good gear so the more likely us Red's will be well geared from everyone buying from them.

Crafting is important and even more important is killing crafter's when they are traveling to sell or are just merchants.

Xsyon Citizen

I think the more important question is why play a sandbox if you only want to experience a very small portion of it? I for one plan to partake in some of everything.

Moderation: somewhere between too little and too much.

[b]CoolStoryBro wrote:[/b]
    [quote]What you dont realize is that carebears are what make the world go round, without them you wouldnt get that nice shiny new helmet, or timber stack.

tis better to gank less and get more gears then to gank more and only find nakeds[/quote]

I don't equate all or even most crafters to carebears as I’m also going to craft in this game from time to time. I'm talking about the people that are going to want pvp nerfed, safe zones expanded, and their items made safer by whining to the devs that they just lost all their stuff transferring it to another tribe city via wagon and then getting pked.

I love crafting and I love pvp... I will have to find a balance however my focus will be in crafting however I generally do not shy away from a good fight either. I do not understand why people think crafters have to be care bears... just because I maxed crafting in every game with a worthwhile crafting system that I have played doesn't mean I have not spent at least as much or even more time in battlegrounds, in open pvp or whatever else the combat system had for pvp.
    [url=http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4014/4494273983_ae63968886_o.jpg]Yeah I must be a carebear...[/url]
    If you clicked the link.. I am Naavari and my partner in crime depicted on that screen will be playing with me and we make a nice tag team with me as support.

So yeah I love pvp as much as I enjoy every other aspect of the game.

[b]MeritAmun wrote:[/b]
    [quote]I love crafting and I love pvp... I will have to find a balance however my focus will be in crafting however I generally do not shy away from a good fight either. I do not understand why people think crafters have to be care bears... just because I maxed crafting in every game with a worthwhile crafting system that I have played doesn't mean I have not spent at least as much or even more time in battlegrounds, in open pvp or whatever else the combat system had for pvp.
    [url=http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4014/4494273983_ae63968886_o.jpg]Yeah I must be a carebear...[/url]
    If you clicked the link.. I am Naavari and my partner in crime depicted on that screen will be playing with me and we make a nice tag team with me as support.

So yeah I love pvp as much as I enjoy every other aspect of the game.[/quote]

Read my last post. I think you and the vast majority of the people that posted missed the entire point of the thread and interpreted it as something else.