Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Will the carebears ruin xsyon...

...with their carebear stare?

I’ve recently noticed a huge influx of carebears coming into the forum community. If a large chunk of the player base gradually and eventually just becomes crafters that want to be completely safe at all times, crafters that just grind crafting items they’re never going to use 24/7, will the xsyon team change the core game mechanics and the original image of the game to cater to these people? Or will they continue with their original game ideas regardless of what the carebears say?

Re:Will the carebears ruin xsyon...

I'm pretty sure, all the crafters watched in horror as the Darkfallers came over as well.

Well the game is not going to be a gank fest.
    I surmise the crafters therefore will still be safe most of the time.
    That is, a gank fest is when your safe none of the time.

[QUOTE=Wrekkoning;15737]I'm pretty sure, all the crafters watched in horror as the Darkfallers came over as well.[/QUOTE]

They can't flee, we hunt them all

[QUOTE=Sarg;17883]Played Darkfall for a couple weeks, but didn't like that to be even an average crafter you needed to be a guild crafter thanks to the rare resource requirements. Been pretty much without a game since, because everything is crap.

This sounds promising. I've always wondered why no MMOs treated PK like real life ... you can do it, but no one does because the consequences are too strong.[/QUOTE]

You tend to forget that in real life the land mass is owned by alot of "guilds" called countries. Those "guilds" have some sort of PK hunters(police) who watch out that everyone play within the guild rules. All this was created in 1000 of years. At the beginning of our civilsation it was more then normal to kill other weaker "guilds" or merge them into your own "guild"...also murdering was much more common because no one saw it or missed the "player" who died ( and didn't respaned :-( )

tbh if this game is ruined by carebears i will buy it only to grief you

tru, tru

I hate to say it, but if the devs go strictly by amount of tears on the forums: Yes.

Its almost heartbreaking to see so many great ideas be presented to possibly the potentially best mmo sandbox to date and constantly having 5-10 carebears flood each idea with "NONONO i wanna sit in a safe place and craft all day without risk".

I hope the devs actually want to make a game that lasts, and don't do what Ultima Online, Shadowbane, Age of Conan, Darkfall, and pretty much every MMO that isn't a WoW clone did: Listen to the Carebears.

The ONLY game i've ever seen where they actually listened somewhat to the pvp community is darkfall...but when you wait months to years to change...well it dies. ;[

Re:Will the Griefing/Ganking PK Trolls ruin xsyon?

Same argument goes the other way.

But since we don't know yet how the killing penalties will work, it is hard to say which group will feel at home in Xsyon.

What you dont realize is that carebears are what make the world go round, without them you wouldnt get that nice shiny new helmet, or timber stack.

that was part of the reason df economy failed so much, to much gank fest, so all the squishy lil crafters left.

tis better to gank less and get more gears then to gank more and only find nakeds

[b]CoolStoryBro wrote:[/b]
    [quote]What you dont realize is that carebears are what make the world go round, without them you wouldnt get that nice shiny new helmet, or timber stack.

that was part of the reason df economy failed so much, to much gank fest, so all the squishy lil crafters left.

tis better to gank less and get more gears then to gank more and only find nakeds[/quote]

I agree, The more they craft the more they sell the more people that have good gear so the more likely us Red's will be well geared from everyone buying from them.

Crafting is important and even more important is killing crafter's when they are traveling to sell or are just merchants.