I like the new scav system, I just think it needs major balancing.

I still have yet to figure out what item my zone gives, what are rares, and what the heck these bonuses really do on these items.

Also what happened to recipes?

Areas should have major bonus to a few items.
Like say Tallac has lots of good poles, plastic, metal, wood. Plus maybe posts also, again plastic, metal, wood.
Then South would have lots of good plates. So you have large, small, medium. Then all the different types that goes with it. So like gold, steel, chrome etc. Now gold plates of any type would be more rare than steel, and chrome would be even more rare than gold. But you still would have lots of plates.
Both areas would yield all the other resources however, you would get say plates in South 1 out of 10, while in Tallac you would get posts 1 out of 10.

You could even to ranges. So maybe South has Plates 3 out of 10, and has screws 1 out of 10, posts/poles would be 1 out of 200 and bolts 1 out of 20. While Tallac would have Post/poles 1 out of 10, and have bolts 1 out of 10, but have plates 1 out of 20, and screws 1 out of 20.
All the rest would be basic scav.

So each zone would have 2 items that are say + 200%, and + 75% while everything else was normal. Then you could also have some items which are in every area, without changing. Like say recipes. You can find a recipe = chance in all areas. There is no area with a bonus to finding a recipe.

Now, each area would find gold more common than another, or titanium more common than that next. But the basic item would be more common. So if you wanted titanium screws, you would goto the place with +200% to screws, and get titanium screws by default 200% more than somewhere else because you are finding 200% more screws.