Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
... I still have yet to figure out what item my zone gives ...
I haven't yet seen any gold in zone 777 and you seem to get quite some amount of it, maybe type of metal is regional?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
... See not only at 100 scav do I find stuff more often, but its ALL of the best QL (VHQ or Master). ...
This is strange, I have scavenging 100 too and find HQ, VHQ and (some) Master items.

Okay, my perception is lower than yours (70), not sure whether perception has influence on quality of items.

Added after 7 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
my results in all zones areas except 600's is the same as andy1's i have 99 scav. 12 perception. ive yet to see a gold/trit/chrome/silver drop let alone recipe from this new system and i haver over 50 hours of scavenging in. ...
I'd reckon your results show that perception might be almost as important as the scavenging skill itself. MrDDT has 95 perception, Vito has 70, you have 12. That could explain why you don't see "rare" metals.

Granted, I've not found any recipe since the patch too.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyI View Post
... In RL being better at say foraging would result in finding not only more items but higher chance of obscure / rare items as you would be better at recognising them and the habitats the plants grown in. ...
Foraging in Xsyon seems to be different from scavenging (or not yet implemented correctly). I've got 100 skill in Foraging too and every single berry/plant/herb I find since I got skill 100 is of "supreme" quality.