Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Scavenging Feedback after patch July 8

Scavenging skill 100, perception is 70. All scavenging done on a junk pile in zone 777. Junk pile is not claimed, i.e. outside of all tribe land.

1: 45 HQ quarters
    2: 4 VHQ leather scraps
    3: 1 HQ stainless short metal pole
    4: (Nothing)
    5: 3 VHQ iron long metal boards (fully encumbered with this find)
    6: (Nothing)
    7: 4 HQ medium plastic poles
    8: (Nothing)
    9: (Nothing)
    10: 5 HQ stainless short metal boards (fully encumbered again)
    11: (Nothing)
    12: 4 MQ aluminum small metal sheets
    13: 3 VHQ steel long metal handles (encumbered)
    14: 1 VHQ steel wedge
    15: 1 HQ iron large metal sheet
    16: (Nothing)
    17: (Nothing)
    18: (Nothing)
    19: 1 HQ bronze long metal handle (encumbered)
    20: 58 HQ bronze screws
    21: (Nothing)
    22: 44 HQ iron screws
    23: (Nothing)
    24: (Nothing)
    25: 2 HQ chinchilla fur scraps
    26: (Nothing)
    27: (Nothing)
    28: 1 HQ junk plastic
    29: 61 VHQ steel nails
    30: 3 VHQ steel medium metal handle
    31: (Nothing)
    32: 5 VHQ aluminum spikes
    33: (Nothing)
    34: 6 VHQ short metal posts (fully encumbered)
    35: (Nothing)
    36: (Nothing)
    37: (Nothing)
    38: (Nothing)
    39: 1 VHQ mink fur
    40: 6 HQ large plastic blocks
    41: 1 VHQ mink fur
    42: 1 VHQ found leather
    43: 1 HQ found leather
    44: 9 VHQ black hemp cloth scraps
    45: (Nothing)
    46: 4 MQ western tanager feathers
    47: 5 VHQ lambskin scraps
    48: (Nothing)
    49: (Nothing)
    50: 6 VHQ grey nealon cloth fabric

I'm curious to see what others are finding. My inital findings:
    - Amount of quarters, screws, nails is too high, would suggest to cut them down by 75%.
    - Metal boards, spikes, handles are too heavy. Even one find can put you into full encumberance.
    - 22 out of 50 find nothing. I'd say that 40 nothings out of 50 attempts would be fine.

wow thats a pretty detailed log - good job

I'm getting lots of metal/plastic boards/poles/studs/posts/sheets. Maybe one in every 10 scavenges vs. 1 in 100 prior to this patch. About to fill up the bins on my tribe's junk piles. These are mostly so heavy that it is hard to shlep them back to the storage area. I recommend putting boards/poles/studs/posts as uncommon but not rare results in metal/plastic sorting. Make sheets fairly common results from metal/plastic sorting.

I'm finding lots of metal handles and metal blocks now. I haven't found any old saws, knife blades, bats or other weapon parts.

There is still too much leather, but now I'm finding stuff other than found and patchwork regularly--suede, micro suede, mink, lambskin, patent.

I did find one rubber scrap and 5 zippers and a few feathers, so these are back in the tables but not nearly as common as they used to be.

Ravelli

Similar results after several attempts in diffrerent zones. At 100 scav, getting metal and plastic handles and and posts, etc. Some nails, screws, currency, and coin. However, NO recipes!

Thank you for this list. I will make one of my own and add it to this thread.

No recipes. Way to rare now.

One change that seems to be the same for the last two patches is that the colors of scavenged cloth are restricted.

For sure, I haven't found cerulean, brown, violet, fandango, and orange. I also don't think I found any green or black.

Lots of new or previously rare cloth types, but in fewer colors.

Ravelli

I can say that orange is out there, I found some this morning.

Though the new idea about letting uncommon items be right outside your tribe area.. I don't like. It makes it WAY to easy. They should scale the chance of uncommon as they scale rare but not as hard as rare of course.

Quote Originally Posted by thurgond View Post
    One change that seems to be the same for the last two patches is that the colors of scavenged cloth are restricted.

For sure, I haven't found cerulean, brown, violet, fandango, and orange. I also don't think I found any green or black.

Lots of new or previously rare cloth types, but in fewer colors.

Ravelli

Try changing areas. Also I used another toon and found it. So I know its out there, just dunno whats causing it the not show up for one of my toons.

scav is fine atm but needs more varieties. and recipes dont exist atm or atleast seem that way. i say add the old scav system back was nothin wrong with it to begin with.