Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Add skill decay or this game will become the next Darkfall where everyone MUST get everything to 100 to compete, which is a very shitty game model.

Add skill decay and let it balance it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimps View Post
    Add skill decay or this game will become the next Darkfall where everyone MUST get everything to 100 to compete, which is a very shitty game model.

Add skill decay and let it balance it out.

This.

Im already doing Darkfall style skilling, because it might not change then I would hate to be stuck behind like many people were in DFO.

Might not change? Again, if it doesn't the game is dead. Just saying

Might not change is a might not gone wrong.

Isn't the whole idea about July to.. Add skill decay?
    I mean the coding can hardly be much different that stat decay except it needs to take more data into account.

Of course buildings should decay, you don't think buildings don't. That would be foolish and the only reason why buildings today do not decay that fast is because most are made of stone or if they are made of wood, they are painted in wood preserving paint (which goes for all paint used outdoor).
    We can't so the only thing that -won't- decay fast are stone walls. Everything else should decay at a normal rate and it should not be repaired through the totem.

How can you sit there and say that VeryWiiTee. You h ave no idea what you are asking of. Well, maybe you do because you have but a fraction to repair.

I'm telling you, at the very least if limestone wall decay is added, then things will get really tedious and they will remove it from game.

Even at 1 limestone brick decay per day, we are looking at having to make 1k bricks a day just to upkeep.

City decay was unrealistic even back then. Wood without preserving paint still lasts years, just not as long.

Tents, wood walls, perhaps should decay after a few winters. Limestone walls should decay after maybe 10 winters. Still extremely tedious....

You need to put more thought into this.

However, that just means every 10 winters we need to make 50k-100k bricks or every one full year in game (40 days i think, something like that) we will have to make 5k-10k bricks. That's actually worse than 1 brick a day from each limestone wall.

I dont think you have 1000 walls of limestone.

But I do agree with you, 1 brick a day is to much. It also should be longer time, maybe like every game month there is 1 point of decay out of 100, and you can repair it. The longer you wait to repair the faster decay happens.
    So say you start at 100%, you wait 1 game month, and repair it. 1 Brick per limestone wall.
    Start at 100%, and you wait 2 game months, you have 99%, then 97%. Takes 3 limestone bricks per wall.
    Start at 100% and you wait 5 game months, you have 99%, 97%, 93%, 88%, 82%. 18 bricks per wall to repair.

This way people can wait if they want to save time on doing repairs, but takes more bricks, or they can repair everymonth for less bricks but more often repair time. You can also have this factored into maybe less wear based on what arch skill was to make the wall, BUT doing that would cause a lot of extra work in tracking IMO, but still likely a better overall system for trade, and effect.

Oh but we do. It's obvious you haven't been here Anyone could that many if they have high dirt walls.

I agree with your idea and yes it would make a better system. Just setting certain decay speeds to certain qualities and durability doesn't seem too difficult. However, I don't code.

1 brick a month is so slow they might as well not even have any decay. What's the point. Really, I don't see any point besides annoying the players.

Stone walls should decay IF in abandoned OR decaying totem areas (all members are inactive)

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    lol so its ok if everyone else loses all their skills because you dont care, but if you put a lot of work into something then you dont want to see it wiped out.

Dont you think others have put hard work into skills?

Having said that, I wouldnt mind a wipe of both.
    its not about a "fair wipe", its about resetting a skill system gone wrong, i don't see how city building has a crucial impact on that.
    either way i support a wipe of both if its neccessary, but im not convinced terra-wipe is actually neccessary.

Quote Originally Posted by afterclap View Post
    its not about a "fair wipe", its about resetting a skill system gone wrong, i don't see how city building has a crucial impact on that.
    either way i support a wipe of both if its neccessary, but im not convinced terra-wipe is actually neccessary.

Good point. I guess, being that Ive worked on my toon so much and not on the land around me, I would get really hurt from it, and have a lot of work ahead of me. Guess I was just being selfish.

No need for wipes. Skill decay that works