Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb No Skill Gods in Xsyon!

Right now, skills are set to where everyone can master everything all at once. This isn't realist and it doesn't make everyone feel all special inside that they have an important job inside of thier tribe.

In another game I play they have alot of skill like this too, but they have a better system. When you get to a certain level with a skill you have to decide wether or not you can promote it, and you can only promote a certain number of skills. If you dont promote the skill you hit its level cap. Now with this you could make it so non-specialized people make lower quality weapons unless the decide to specialize, also you could make it so that the rare recipies can only be used by people who specialize.

On a separate note: The UI for the skills in xsyon is not... great. I love the game but I really dislike the UI. Now there are a few recommendations I have for it:

1) make a larger skill interface that shows all skills
    2) make a skill exp bar in the interface to show progress
    3) make it so that you can select a skill exp bar that can be ported to the main screen so that you can keep an eye on it without having to go back and forth to the skill interface

Just some suggestions.

Agree - however these things are hard to put in after the game has already been released.

I really wouldn't mind a skill wipe, just never want to see a complete wipe do to how much work my tribe has put into our fortress.

lol so its ok if everyone else loses all their skills because you dont care, but if you put a lot of work into something then you dont want to see it wiped out.

Dont you think others have put hard work into skills?

Having said that, I wouldnt mind a wipe of both.

Well I have put hard work into my skills as well, but seeing as I hit 100 terraforming about half a mountain of dirt ago, the actual terraformed area means quite alot to me. Skills can come and go in this game without alot heart ache because alot of its easy to get back. But a home you build with your friends is more of a identity issue than a hard work issue and I love me pixel home away from home lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    Well I have put hard work into my skills as well, but seeing as I hit 100 terraforming about half a mountain of dirt ago, the actual terraformed area means quite alot to me. Skills can come and go in this game without alot heart ache because alot of its easy to get back. But a home you build with your friends is more of a identity issue than a hard work issue and I love me pixel home away from home lol.

Try getting 10+ skills at 100 then come talk to me which is easier.

Exact same thing as DDT saying "Don't add skill decay because i will NEVER be able to upkeep this many skills"

it's your damn fault for leveling the skills up when you knew PERFECTLY well the system wasn't final.

Seriously DDT, you are going to drop like a fly so you honestly wasted your time. Yes, HP will decay with levels.

HAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    Exact same thing as DDT saying "Don't add skill decay because i will NEVER be able to upkeep this many skills"

it's your damn fault for leveling the skills up when you knew PERFECTLY well the system wasn't final.

Seriously DDT, you are going to drop like a fly so you honestly wasted your time. Yes, HP will decay with levels.

NorCal, I have no idea if it will or wont. Im saying he is saying its ok if others lose their skills because he didnt put much effort into it, but he isnt willing to risk his time he put into building a city. I see no difference. Some people worked on a city, others worked on skills.

He is only looking out for his selfishness when he says it like that.

You should also read up more. Im saying wipe BOTH. Land and Toons.
    Wiping 1 or the other is bad. Both would be the only way to really go.

BTW I 100% agree with skill decay and I hope its very very harsh. However, I also think if they going to do that they need to allow stats to change MUCH MUCH faster.

When I say HP will decay with levels, I don't mean that it will happen right away. Of course we shouldn't skill wipe. Soft cap basically does that its just not instant.

Just because I agree there should be skill decay doesn't mean I agree there should be city decay. If there is city decay, it needs to be VERY slow and all buildings can be repaired via main totem.

There is no way in HELL any of us survivors are going to go around making "repairs" on stone that has withered from rain. Yeah right.

You see, when I say something WILL happen...I don't mean it will happen first go around. I just mean it WILL happen in order for the game to live on.

If they implement skill decay without HP decay, then the game is dead. There's no chance of survival. It becomes a macro paradise. So yes, HP will decay with skills or we will ALL QQ until it's fixed.

edit: fixed a lot of typos