Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Change arch learning in next patch

simple.

add recipe xp in addition to skill xp.

if you are say, level 20 architecture, it should be far easier to fill the skill xp than the recipe xp.

at high level architecture, visa versa. a 2-3 recipes per level at 80ish and maybe 5-10 recipes per level at 95+

example: craft branch barricade at level 20 arch = 1/50 recipe xp and 1/20 level xp.

example: craft branch barricade at level 95 arch = 1/100 recipe xp and 1/500 level xp

also DEVs, why can we craft the easiest to make newbie item to 100? Even World of Warcraft grays out items for experience...this is extremely basic stuff that is suffocating the gameplay

Also don't forget about us dedicated architects that worked hard before the patch to raise our skill only to find out that we were hurting our character. Since recipes are learned through new levels, the highly skilled architect will not learn many new recipes. There was an example in global: For the past few months, lets say you were dedicated to reach 100 inToolcraft to make those Master Quality Hammers. Along comes a patch where the graciuos devs added 100 awesome new tools. Great news for the GrandMaster. Oh wait, whats that you say, no more recipes for you, Mr 100. Too bad, go scav for them uber tool recipes. Oh no, cant find recipes either. Oh well, you suck. reroll, If you were really serious about this Toolcraft thing, you shouldn't have leveled already. Yes, a true WTF moment. That is where I stand with Arch ATM. I know I wont be able to learn all the recipes and im OK with things being rare. I just don't want to be handicapped for being active before the patch. Thats all.

I agree with you Tesla, really just screwed over people that have trained it. When I have more recipes at level 40 than someone at 100, there is a major problem.

I just hope they can get this in for the next patch. Whatever they decide to do with it.

But also, can you give more recipes required levels before they can be learned? A gate should be somewhat difficult to make, shouldn't it? I know a level 14 architect who can makes gates. Also in tool crafting I hear all recipes are possible at level 5. That's just no good

i agree i wanna feel like a architect, atm i feel like wat everyone is calling me in the area beaver and termite. I love arch and to build and worked hard for it. so i left it at lvl 84 because i keep hearing at 100 u get 0 make it so at 100 you will gain recipes (maybe even faster as the higher levels ya go, considering you are technically smarter with arch) the way u have it atm is the low levels are the smart one and the lvl 60-100 are the dumb ones....

The world is upside down and inside out.

I agree, also if you started with architecture that's 20 potential recipe gains you miss out on. If you want to be the best architect the solution is to NOT start with architecture. This is backwards as well.

I made the mistake off training arch to 59 before the patch, then grinding an easy item right after, trying to get as many recipes as possible as quickly as possible. Now Im stuck with 100 arch and 37 mismatched items, i can only learn recipes from scavenging. I feel like I have made an irreparable mistake. I will never, no matter how hard I work, learn a new recipe and someone who just rolls now can learn more than I ever will.
    I have more than one item from each of the 7 sets, but i cannot, and probably never will make 1 complete set. I find this particularly sad. I would have liked to learn all (or at least most) of one set at least, so I can create a camp with a theme. I have a bunch of mismatched parts which makes me sad atm.

-Rothschild

Quote Originally Posted by b_ulam View Post
    I agree, also if you started with architecture that's 20 potential recipe gains you miss out on. If you want to be the best architect the solution is to NOT start with architecture. This is backwards as well.

I made the mistake off training arch to 59 before the patch, then grinding an easy item right after, trying to get as many recipes as possible as quickly as possible. Now Im stuck with 100 arch and 37 mismatched items, i can only learn recipes from scavenging. I feel like I have made an irreparable mistake. I will never, no matter how hard I work, learn a new recipe and someone who just rolls now can learn more than I ever will.
    I have more than one item from each of the 7 sets, but i cannot, and probably never will make 1 complete set. I find this particularly sad. I would have liked to learn all (or at least most) of one set at least, so I can create a camp with a theme. I have a bunch of mismatched parts which makes me sad atm.

I agree with this problem, and i talked to Dez about it, he is aware of it. I would like to see a bonus given to people that start with a skill and not hindered.

I know myself I started at 5 before the patch, Im at 45 arch I think or something like that, and I have pretty good amount of recipes, not as many as Rothschild. But still I believe once I hit 100 I will likely have 2x more than him.

I know it's frustrating, especially when you get higher up in Arch and don't even get a recipe each level, but this actually just goes quite well with the 'you can't master all recipes within a skill." not that I'm all that fond of it.
    A nice feature to crafting/building would be the ability to choose what recipes you would like to focus on (are you more the Mason kind of architect, then you are more inclined to get mason buildings.) etc, though I think that was/is their idea as well and the ability to forget certain recipes so you can make room for other recipes you'd rather want to accompany you.

I'd like to see recipe requirements so that you can't gain all the recipes at every level, but rather a few recipes every level, but that would require a lot of recoding in how the crafting system handles recipes I suppose and I'd honestly rather see other improvements first.

ETA on this? You literally wasted the architecture part of the July 8th patch if this is not fixed...well, at least for those of us who are dedicated players and already have higher architecure. If you were a new player and joined in with 5 arch, you might be able to learn 50 recipes. IMO, shouldn't it be possible to learn ALL the grindable recipes (not the scav only ones), even if you start with 25 arch? Because if you start with 25 arch you are missing out on a good 10 recipes right there.

I will have to re roll due to a faulty game mechanic. However, I'll probably just end up quitting for a looooong time instead.

Seriously though, it makes no sense whatsoever. No, it wouldn't require MAJOR coding changes. Just need to change some variables around, like how much recipe xp you earn per craft. Just saying though, this is pure stupidity. Fixing broken mechanics should be priority #1. Not new content, unless that content is expansion totems. That's much more work than changing recipe gain from grinding.