Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wouldn't the game be better with a different PvE?

Today I tried Entropia Universe for the first time. I know, it is a totally diferent game than Xsyon, I am not comparing both. I have also played Darkfall for 2 years.

So after playing Entropia for some hours, I thought that Xsyon REALLY lacked incentives for PvE, and that creates a lack of incentives for the rest of the content of the game: crafting, levelling skills, building, etc. In Entropia, for example, killing mobs (and there are a lot of different mobs, the same happens in Darkfall) is the way for getting mats and other resources (a part from mining, which can be similar to harvesting and scavenging here in Xsyon or logging and mining in Darkfall) that once obtained, can be sold to NPCs or players for in game currency.

So basically, you hunt mobs (the better your skills, the harder mobs you can hunt), you get mats and resources for carfting or for selling, you sell them, you get money and you can equip yourself better, craft better things, invest on some expensive item etc etc. That promotes PvP too (people can decide not to hunt in PvE but hunt players, etc). Now, in Xsyon, all we have are animals, that are there just as a way to get bones or leather for some recipies, nothing more, nothing less. So after you have played some days, you have crafted the same item over and over again, you have harvested or scavenged thousand of times, and you have terraformed your home and built some buildings, there is nothing to motivate you, no incentive to do anything.

Being in a post-apocalyptic era, imagine if the Xsyon world was filled with mutant creatures, mutan humanoids, new creatures, and people made their cities or basements and they went hunting for resources, meat, gold, etc... That would change how much fun you can have in the game, a simple example: "hey guys, good evening! Anyone wanna come with me to hunt some "insert creatures name" and if we are lucky we return with some good item to sell or equip ourselves? That gives you incentives to play, but now, I find none.

Opinions? (sorry i am not english and it is hard to explain what I wanted to post hehe)

Welcome to the club, been saying this for a while.

You can also do this in many ways. Problem is there is no need to make anything or do anything. Its all for looks.
    There is no bears attacking your tribe lands, or starving to death. There isnt hard things to kill or attack. PVP has no incentives either, as items are really easy to get and matter little. You cant control or take over areas.

Im not trying to make this another PVE vs PVP thread, my point is simply there is a LOT of ways to spark a reason to do things.

actually pvp does have an incentive ffa loot from the player ya kill. Pve currently has no incentive except be able to see what you make ( however the new bonus system incentives are very nice) This game does not and should not be like Entropia or darkfall, Its not a clone is xsyon and has its own patch. Their is plenty of other way to create incentives for pve and pvp without turning the game into a cop cat. And zombies are coming to the game that will drop gears etc. So that being said id say things are on track. Just gotta wait it out.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    actually pvp does have an incentive ffa loot from the player ya kill. Pve currently has no incentive except be able to see what you make ( however the new bonus system incentives are very nice) This game does not and should not be like Entropia or darkfall, Its not a clone is xsyon and has its own patch. Their is plenty of other way to create incentives for pve and pvp without turning the game into a cop cat. And zombies are coming to the game that will drop gears etc. So that being said id say things are on track. Just gotta wait it out.

First off the loot you get off players is not good. Because loot overall has no reason to have it.

Second, it would be like PVE has incentive because you get loot too. Dont you get bones? I get bones every kill in PVE.

Everything else you are talking about I have no clue what you are talking about.

Incentive to PVP, should be over things. Not over someone else's loot that is or isnt better than yours. When I kill players, I dont even loot them because the items they have is crap. So if I have better gear than you, whats my incentive to PVP?

Same goes for PVE?

These monsters should attack tribes, and people causing you to defend yourself, and your tribe. You should want to build defenses not only from people but from PVE. You should want to use better gear because its HARD to kill something, or many things. These things are attacking you and you are worried for your life, and the life of your tribemates.

Animal AI needs to be able to tell the difference in DIRT SLOPES so they can't walk up dirt walls anymore. Hell, they can even walk up limestone walls. AI needs a lot of work before AI can attack towns and have our defeneses actually mean something. Plus, without ranged the only defense is the choke point.

isn't leather used in crafting?

I mean really what it sounds like here is we need to remove all source of leather from scavaging and just strickly have it come from animals. at the very least we need those big resource bundles of leather you get from scrap piles to go away.

then the value of leather and hunting will go up.