Today I tried Entropia Universe for the first time. I know, it is a totally diferent game than Xsyon, I am not comparing both. I have also played Darkfall for 2 years.

So after playing Entropia for some hours, I thought that Xsyon REALLY lacked incentives for PvE, and that creates a lack of incentives for the rest of the content of the game: crafting, levelling skills, building, etc. In Entropia, for example, killing mobs (and there are a lot of different mobs, the same happens in Darkfall) is the way for getting mats and other resources (a part from mining, which can be similar to harvesting and scavenging here in Xsyon or logging and mining in Darkfall) that once obtained, can be sold to NPCs or players for in game currency.

So basically, you hunt mobs (the better your skills, the harder mobs you can hunt), you get mats and resources for carfting or for selling, you sell them, you get money and you can equip yourself better, craft better things, invest on some expensive item etc etc. That promotes PvP too (people can decide not to hunt in PvE but hunt players, etc). Now, in Xsyon, all we have are animals, that are there just as a way to get bones or leather for some recipies, nothing more, nothing less. So after you have played some days, you have crafted the same item over and over again, you have harvested or scavenged thousand of times, and you have terraformed your home and built some buildings, there is nothing to motivate you, no incentive to do anything.

Being in a post-apocalyptic era, imagine if the Xsyon world was filled with mutant creatures, mutan humanoids, new creatures, and people made their cities or basements and they went hunting for resources, meat, gold, etc... That would change how much fun you can have in the game, a simple example: "hey guys, good evening! Anyone wanna come with me to hunt some "insert creatures name" and if we are lucky we return with some good item to sell or equip ourselves? That gives you incentives to play, but now, I find none.

Opinions? (sorry i am not english and it is hard to explain what I wanted to post hehe)