Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camping Tent

You're probably right. I've only been playing for a few days, so I don't know much.

Sorry for the suggestion, it's just something is missing from this game, and for me, it's being part of a tribe, and also being able to build on my own little area. I have played Wurm for five years, really it's not as bad as you make out. Any how, I didn't start this thread to discuss other games or an arguement.

Quote Originally Posted by momodig View Post
    You're probably right. I've only been playing for a few days, so I don't know much.

Sorry for the suggestion, it's just something is missing from this game, and for me, it's being part of a tribe, and also being able to build on my own little area. I have played Wurm for five years, really it's not as bad as you make out. Any how, I didn't start this thread to discuss other games or an arguement.
    I was hitting the neg points of it to stress my point. Wurm online is one of the best sandbox games I know. It has some major downfalls but its sandbox tools and thoughts about a lot of things and how they work are freaking great.

I would say anyone that hasnt tried it and needs a small break from Xsyon should try Wurm Online. It has a free trial.

Another who will make a homestead, not abandon it, and then quit the game because the land space is minuscule.
    Sigh. This is a growing problem. Everyone wants to have their own area, 100s of meters from any others...while still being part of a tribe?

Perhaps single homesteads could be linked to tribes if they so choose? I don't know...

^^ Seconded about WURM

Bad graphics, bad animations, and none of it matters because WURM still manages to immerse you. They've done such a grand job of surrounding you with a rich environment that after a while you no longer notice a lot of the shortcomings of the game.

I miss the 'feeling small surrounded by a huge world' feeling of WURM. That when you go inside your house you really 'feel' like you're in your house. Xsyon still feels somewhat detached.

I think some of that has to do with Xsyon's extremely narrow visioned camera. Needs more peripheral view.

Or just object collision to cameras would help a long way with buildings the other problem is that the first buildings we could make were relatively small whereas you can stay in 3rd pers. view with the new buildings.

I'm all for the ability to place a building regardless of where in the world you are, but with the risk of it getting destroyed meanwhile you have a homestead/tribe too that you can safely place buildings in.