Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camping Tent

Camping Tent

The land is so great, all the water falls, rivers, mountains, trees... and the like. I like to explore and travel. I belong to tribe, but I really wish there was a way so I could build in a small area of my choosing, outside of the tribe territory. You know that little secret or favorite place I find during my journeys. Currently the only way to do this is by quitting the clan and placing my own totem. In the future, do you see it possible for a player to travel and have their own little chunk of land, but still belong a tribe. Perhaps constructing a small camping tent, and it would allow use to terraform and the like (just as you would with in totem territory). Sometimes building as one chooses isn't allowed in a tribe. I would like to have the option have my own little personal place.

Maybe use some form of deed, where each player gets X by X size deed (doesn't have to be big, just big enough to build his own personal home and maybe little farm or something).

Make it half the size of a homestead...this might be able to work.

Xsyon Citizen
    I would love to see something like this, i really want to live in my tribe city but i also want a vacation resort somewhere

Nawh, I like it limited to totems.
    A lot of exploiting, and greifing can be done using these.

Perhaps, they are not given safe zones. It's just a small area where they can build in outside of tribe land. Others can come by and destroy their stuff.

I'm just saying, most people in tribes also want an area to setup a small hut far away from the tribe area. Some like fishing huts, some would like to setup near junk piles, some go up in the mountains because they are hunters, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    Perhaps, they are not given safe zones. It's just a small area where they can build in outside of tribe land. Others can come by and destroy their stuff.

I'm just saying, most people in tribes also want an area to setup a small hut far away from the tribe area. Some like fishing huts, some would like to setup near junk piles, some go up in the mountains because they are hunters, etc.
    Im good with tents, and huts etc. But protections, and able to terraform or respawn etc. All that type of stuff I dont agree with.

Yeah it would make the world quite ugly with the terraforming. I think most people who want a place like this want it to be natural anyways.

I would agree with the idea as long as there is no safe zone protection and no ability to terraform.

I'm not here to promote other games so I won't use the name. But there is a game similar to Xsyon, and people are free to build as they please... you would be rather shocked of how very little grief and destroying of land goes on. I don't see 1000s of players running around, so if each person could have a very small deeded area, it wouldn't affect that much - basically, right now with the totem system, it's either join a tribe or go place your own totem. What if a player wishes not to leave a tribe? This is a sandbox, why have it so only areas with place totems can be lived on?

Why not agree with terraforming and respawning, it would be no different if a solo person placed a totem... it's just this case allows one be be part of a community/tribe, and still be able to do his thing. Totems aren't really limited, since each player has the option of placing their own, if they did not belong to a tribe correct?

Also how could it make the world ugly? With a small area to work with, not much could be done, if he chooses to dig a whole or raise a pilar of dirt, who cares, just walk around it Who says a tribe can't form and their sole purpose is make the world ugly?

Quote Originally Posted by momodig View Post
    I'm not here to promote other games so I won't use the name. But there is a game similar to Xsyon, and people are free to build as they please... you would be rather shocked of how very little grief and destroying of land goes on. I don't see 1000s of players running around, so if each person could have a very small deeded area, it wouldn't affect that much - basically, right now with the totem system, it's either join a tribe or go place your own totem. What if a player wishes not to leave a tribe? This is a sandbox, why have it so only areas with place totems can be lived on?

Why not agree with terraforming and respawning, it would be no different if a solo person placed a totem... it's just this case allows one be be part of a community/tribe, and still be able to do his thing. Totems aren't really limited, since each player has the option of placing their own, if they did not belong to a tribe correct?

Also how could it make the world ugly? With a small area to work with, not much could be done, if he chooses to dig a whole or raise a pilar of dirt, who cares, just walk around it Who says a tribe can't form and their sole purpose is make the world ugly?

I have played wurm myself, and it does have the problems Im talking about, and also the player base is very very small (as small as Xsyon).

Already in Xsyon you have griefing etc.

Plus Wurm Online has GMs that have to go fix these issues a lot of the time. Its also based on factions. Plus on the non pvp server you cant kill other people which cause other issues with it.

Wurm has HUGE deeded lands, and right next to these deeded lands people have jacked up areas. Littering the world with many things and other issues.

Again, I have no problems with tents and other things like that, but keep terraforming based on totems as with respawning and protected areas.