Thread: Compass

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    well i thought a compass would of been a sensible addition since its still not exactly a GPS system or anything, ohh and btw the "pin" in a compass dosnt actualy need to be metal.

I'll accept defeat on this topic tho as it seems its not welcomed as people prefer to use the non realistic always traveling north clouds for direction instead

I would also like to see a container for water aswell btw ( a flask ).

Lol I wouldn't mind a compass really. I'm just saying it won't necessarily be easier to use than just look up at the clouds.

I didn't know that it wouldn't need to be metal, I though a compass worked because we have a magnetic field around earth with two strong magnetic poles. A bit curious, what else can you use?

If we ever get a container with a glass surface, a pin and the ability to fill the container with water I'm all for a compass you just right click and it tells you your direction .

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    I didn't know that it wouldn't need to be metal, I though a compass worked because we have a magnetic field around earth with two strong magnetic poles. A bit curious, what else can you use?
    The first compasses were made of lodestone, a naturally-magnetized ore of iron. Ancient people found that if a lodestone was suspended [from a thread] so it could turn freely, it would always point in the same direction (toward the magnetic poles).

<reference; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compass>

Hmm.. Got lodestones at home . They're not all that WUHUU magnetic, but as far as I know there are levels of lodestones and how magnetic they are.. Anywho, thanks for that info! Great to know I can make a compass at home without anything else.

I'm thinking that you would need to make sure the string is not moving, no? or it would keep turning/twisting?. (this would be for lodestones with a low magnetic field.)

It would be freaking AWESOME if your character took forth a lodestone and string for a few moments to determine north/south ?

Whoa, everyone here wants a compass, and maps are coming. Chill man. No idea who you are talking to but geez.

More than 1 way to make a compass man. I love the compass idea, its posted in another area already, you should post there.

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/project.php?issueid=884

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Whoa, everyone here wants a compass, and maps are coming. Chill man. No idea who you are talking to but geez.

More than 1 way to make a compass man. I love the compass idea, its posted in another area already, you should post there.

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/project.php?issueid=884
    i was talking to that tee fag hes always such a freaking asswipe and that link was started yesturday the map should have been in the game from the get go its pretty stupid to add and add crap with out having the basics. i only bought this game couse it was released but after playing it ive come to realise that this is an alpha state game not even a beta

I understand you are upset, and some people are fanbois on here and will defend the game til the end of days.

But the game is fun for some people, and getting much better. I agree the state the game was "released" in can hardly be called "ready" for release. But its what we got, and I deal with it. I dont tell people to play without a major cup of warning juice. Because this game isnt for everyone.

If you need help in game or want a tribe to hang out with please contact me in game. My tribe is getting bigger pretty active and we are starting to have a lot more fun now in game. We normally have about 7 people in vent at night, and are very active. Helps a lot playing with this kind of boring crafting.
    Terraforming is driving me freaking nuts.

Anyways I dont want to derail the topic. I think its a great idea and I hope people use my link to vote for the idea.