Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    You getting charged monthly? Or just for the 40$?
    The monthly charge

I think I figured out why.

I will post it in a bug report.

I sent in a message about this. I have a pre-order and have not been charged. I am not sure if it has to do with PayPal or not. When I ordered with Paypal it said it was just for the pre-order and two months and would not set up a recurring charge. It could be related.

Product........................................... ....................Period..... Payment System Amount
    Pay Pal Pre-order: Game Account 02/08/2011.......LIFETIME..........PayPal..........$39.9 9

As a note though: I would like to know if they "fix" this as I have not been playing and have been unable to cancel. I would hope they just shut down the accounts rather than start billing. . that would be poor form. Did Paypal orders get lifetime subs?

We do have problems with the current account back end. If you're not being charged, it's because a subscription was never properly added to your account, but our account system didn't update this to the player database. It also seems there were some problems caused when we moved the site from one server to another.

It's been a struggle to find the right programmer to fix the system. We finally found an expert who joined us last Friday and is working on the system. Once all the problems with the current system are fixed, we're going to add some free time to all players (more to those that have been actively subscribed). I posted about this in our updates before. We just need to wait until our system has the right functionality.

In answer to Aethaeryn, we will not just start billing any accounts. If an account is not being billed right now, it will be set to inactive and a player will have to add a subscription to make it active.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    We do have problems with the current account back end. If you're not being charged, it's because a subscription was never properly added to your account, but our account system didn't update this to the player database. It also seems there were some problems caused when we moved the site from one server to another.

It's been a struggle to find the right programmer to fix the system. We finally found an expert who joined us last Friday and is working on the system. Once all the problems with the current system are fixed, we're going to add some free time to all players (more to those that have been actively subscribed). I posted about this in our updates before. We just need to wait until our system has the right functionality.

In answer to Aethaeryn, we will not just start billing any accounts. If an account is not being billed right now, it will be set to inactive and a player will have to add a subscription to make it active.
    Can i have the 2 months back that i never used up when i preordered the game? since if you keep records, you see i never logged in once, and i refuse to play the game in its current state.

unless of course you want to refund me and i can put this game in the past.

Lol, you don't get things back because you didn't want to play..

Should I get money for all the times in World of Warcraft I didn't want to play, but had an extra day or two subscription time?.. I don't think so, neither should you. You could have played or checked how the game state was and decided to play or not.. Regardless of what, it's your own problem and refunding you this late. Get lost.

If you buy a "Full Year Pass" for an amusement park, do you sit down and figure out how much $ it is per day and how many days you do not spend it in, then to require the next time you go in to buy a new "Full Year Pass" that they need to give you xxx amount of free days because you didn't go there every day? Doubtfully.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    Lol, you don't get things back because you didn't want to play..

Should I get money for all the times in World of Warcraft I didn't want to play, but had an extra day or two subscription time?.. I don't think so, neither should you. You could have played or checked how the game state was and decided to play or not.. Regardless of what, it's your own problem and refunding you this late. Get lost.

If you buy a "Full Year Pass" for an amusement park, do you sit down and figure out how much $ it is per day and how many days you do not spend it in, then to require the next time you go in to buy a new "Full Year Pass" that they need to give you xxx amount of free days because you didn't go there every day? Doubtfully.
    are you serious? if the game was playable state, then i play it....plus they told me to come back in six months time, and they have "pvp content".... they could at least give me a time coupon or something lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceReaper View Post
    are you serious? if the game was playable state, then i play it....plus they told me to come back in six months time, and they have "pvp content".... they could at least give me a time coupon or something lol.
    I remember when MO launched and people were upset that they were activating accounts at launch (unlike when you get a key and activate anytime after purchase). You didn't believe it was going to happen then and still seem surprised

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceReaper View Post
    Sorry, it pissed me off .

The game has been playable for quite a while now, whether you consider it fun is a complete other case.
    - We haven't passed 6months either 15th'ish of March was the launch 6 months ahead lands you on October.

I believe we're all the way back in April when the server was stabilized and the game became playable. Which is just 1 month of unplayability. Taken that most have gotten or will get more prepaid time (should they have paid to play already) about 1 extra month of free game time (June - July) and possibly 1 or 2 months extra come the finished combat revamp I really don't see why you have ANY reason to complain. At all.
    You've already earned the cost of the game because of their problems.

If you were not wise to disable your account while this was going on and you didn't want to play, it really is your own fault for losing the prepaid time. A game company can't disable accounts for people or they'd waste huge amounts of resources they could put to better use and it has never been standard for a gaming company to turn off your account, but your own responsibility.

Imo, that is why I'm dreadfully serious.

Their Refund Policy should you be in doubt whether you can get a refund..
    12. Refund Policy:
    Xsyon (the "Service") is an interactive multiplayer online game world provided by Notorious Games, a Nevada LLC. It is not a product purchase. There are absolutely no refunds given on the establishment of an account and subscription to the service. The service is non-transferable. The Service is provided "AS IS" and is in a constant state of development and evolution. The experience of the online game will change over time. Signing up for the Xsyon service constitutes full acceptance of these Terms of Service and in accordance with these Terms of Service, Xsyon is a changing online world affected by the players. As such the world cannot be used as a free trial. Free trials will be offered separate from the paid Xsyon Service.
    The Xsyon proprietary Game Client (the "Software") can be obtained as a free online download and is required for your usage of the Service. The software is a free download provided “AS IS.”
    There will be no refunds issued should your computer fail to meet the minimum requirements to run the software or due to your dissatisfaction with the service.

Especially the underlined.

shame we have a law in the UK that allows us to get refunds.