Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scav/Recipe

Scav/Recipe

----------------------------

No, I like the new system people have to get used to not having everything handed to them easy. Also they need to get used to NOT having every recipe on 1 toon. Work as team. Sure solo players will have it a lot harder but it CAN be done. Through time and effort.

Trade is dead because everyone is "I want everything handed to me please". This type of problem is what got us here in the first place. Junk is way to common, recipes were WAYYYYYYYY to common. Many things were not even hard to get or do.
    Now its starting to be balanced out (yes they still need to balance stuff, including recipe drop rate). But its old players like you that are the ones going to be upset. New players coming in will not know any different and will start to work and trade for items.
    Instead of thinking they can do everything 1 hour after making a toon, they will work together, band up into groups. Be part of a whole instead of being a loner then quitting because they are bored.

-----------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    At this points. If the *I want everything handed to me please* is getting new players to stay longer then yea, should be. At this points their should be less of we want to change this n that. Shoul focus on wat will GET more players to play the game or old players. Cuz atm few hopi came back tried the new systems, said they suck and quit again. Also ddt inorder for folks to group up and work together, usually means you need a population to help that, atm their isnt one. And forcing folks to join ya for help, is not helping anyone but yourself. SO lets here others opnions your heard mine i heard yours lets hear others.
    Putting in a bad system just to get new players is bad. Better is to fix the systems so they are working, and new players will come over time. More people that play a good game will stay thus having more people overall.

Im not stopping anyone's opinion dunno why you would even say that. Im disputing the reasons on why to and not to change the current system.
    Current system is great, needs some balancing a little, also other factors not related to scav need to change a little (like recipe overhaul). But the system and idea behind the system is great.

Not everyone should have every skill or recipe in game. Life should be harder to live alone. People should want to trade and work together to make it easier.

With your plan, and changing back to the old system (which clearly didnt work), will only cause people to get bored and want to leave the game after they either can do everything or see they are not needed for anything.

Right now, we have roles in our tribe, and they are starting to feel worth of those roles just since this last patch.

Also Ive never forced people to work for my newbie tribe. Ive only told them what the tribe is doing, some help, others do their own thing within the tribe. We offer advice, tools, food and a very active tribe to keep players wanting to play. That's the biggest key I would think for any tribe looking to help new players.

Now advanced tribes might have bigger goals or harsher requirements, but my tribe is set up to help new players learn the game and want to stick with it. So please leave person attacks of my tribe and me out of the thread and focus on the topic that YOU made.

Howdy folks!

I think part of the problem with the new system (haven't had time to log in for a while but I did get to try it and even tested it out in the 1000's with fatboy!) so yeah, I think the problem is a lack of variety. I think the system was kind of broken before too, just that it was giving WAY too much quantity of stuff. For example, it got to the point where if I saw just one more baseball bat, I was going to lose my mind.
    It would be great if with the new system, we still got very low quantity of any type of thing, but a greater variety than we're currently getting.

For example, I find mostly cloth and a few random leather items and tons of money everywhere I've gone on the map. I've gone a good distance! I have scav level 86. It would be nice if I found not 35 knife blades or anything, but one of those, one recipe, one of something else... you get the idea. Just more variety, but not more quantity of each item.

I LOVE the idea of painting buildings! I don't think it's necessarily a priority but in the future, painting my little town red with a big HELL sign in front might come in handy

I also think it's great to have recipes beyond 100, but would imagine that as an expansion in the future after all is in game that should be and working/tweaked accordingly.

I don't believe someone who wants to be an excellent PvPer should have any master crafting at all. Period. Just as an excellent crafter would only be a mediocre pvper.

I believe a homesteader who wants to be more solo should be able to have basic recipes in all crafting if that's what they want, and one master craft. For instance, they should be able to make themselves rudimentary low level fur clothing for winter. Rudimentary low level bone armor to hunt bears. Rudimentary low level (ie. not bins) baskets (low slot numbers). The basic architecture needed for protection and some comfort. ETC.
    Nobody should be gimped because others want to force a more social play. I don't care if you agree or not just my opinion.

@DDT I don't think that many people are necessarily racing to 100 in all levels at all. Some don't have the interest, and prefer to role-play the homesteader type I mentioned above. Many others simply don't have the time. A majority of the playerbase should the game really take off will be casual players. That's where the money is in the long-term.

EDIT/Clarification:
    Architecture, I think everyone should have the opportunity to work with components. ie. low level shouldn't mean anyone is limited to a static teepee and that's it. Everyone should have access to the fun of building blocks as I think that is a hugely innovative and unique part of the game that a lot of people would enjoy. Not second story buildings, or better defensive structures, or all decorations etc. But, enough to allow people's imagination to run wild during the down times at work . Speaking of which... the clock is working against me here! Gotta run again. Have fun folks!

If we are just talking about money and # of players. Why not remove PVP from the game. Also add in instances and loot you never lose? Also how about adding in magic.

Really, the key is the point of what the devs vision is, and you have to understand that point of view.

Xsyon wants people to have a hard time, living in a world that is harsh. Bears attacking, harsh weather, mountains you have to climb.

Problem is people like fatboy, want everything. They want to be able to do everything. I dont agree with allowing easy mode, and having people know all the recipes (even if they are a master in that craft, and if they do know them all its because they worked really really really really really hard to do it. Like making painful trades, and taking extra time to scav for weeks to get a recipe).

With this new system, Book you have no problem still living as a loner or role player, or homesteader. You have everything you need, and its not all that uncommon. Sure you might not be able to make pink gates of strength. But you can make a branch gate or something that works.

The basics are pretty easy in this game. Even if I were to use a 1 day old toon, I could do just about everything. I could make my town, tools, feed myself, weapons, armor etc.

IMO answer isnt to make it easier, its to add in reasons why to do it. Why should I wear clothes? Why not have it effect us poorly so we will want to wear clothes. Sure you could have supreme clothes that are very very hard to make, or a homesteader like you could wear normal high level, or mod QL clothes that do most of the job.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    If we are just talking about money and # of players. Why not remove PVP from the game. Also add in instances and loot you never lose? Also how about adding in magic.

Really, the key is the point of what the devs vision is, and you have to understand that point of view.

Xsyon wants people to have a hard time, living in a world that is harsh. Bears attacking, harsh weather, mountains you have to climb.

Problem is people like fatboy, want everything. They want to be able to do everything. I dont agree with allowing easy mode, and having people know all the recipes (even if they are a master in that craft, and if they do know them all its because they worked really really really really really hard to do it. Like making painful trades, and taking extra time to scav for weeks to get a recipe).

With this new system, Book you have no problem still living as a loner or role player, or homesteader. You have everything you need, and its not all that uncommon. Sure you might not be able to make pink gates of strength. But you can make a branch gate or something that works.

The basics are pretty easy in this game. Even if I were to use a 1 day old toon, I could do just about everything. I could make my town, tools, feed myself, weapons, armor etc.

IMO answer isnt to make it easier, its to add in reasons why to do it. Why should I wear clothes? Why not have it effect us poorly so we will want to wear clothes. Sure you could have supreme clothes that are very very hard to make, or a homesteader like you could wear normal high level, or mod QL clothes that do most of the job.
    No pink gates of strength? wtf! RAAAGGGGEEE!

I think we're on the same page pretty much, and I don't really think fatboy wants to make it easy. Just increase the variety of things found. He also mentioned limiting to one master craft.

Those things would increase trade because if I do find a knife blade... sure, I can maybe make a low level knife myself if for whatever reason I don't have access to other people (self-imposed antisocial, or geography, or low pop in my time slot). However, chances are I'd rather find a weaponsmith and trade it. If that weapsmith can only have that one master craft, there'll be fewer of them.

Again, I think we all do agree that no single player should be master of all crafts which is pretty much what the devs have said as well I think.

I'm not even saying the basics should be easy... but they should remain accessible, and have maybe one or two tiers above absolute basic available so everyone has a chance to play around with every aspect of the game. Supreme stuff limited to masters makes perfect sense to me.

Survivability and accessability are different things, I think we differ on the access part. I agree with harsh survival conditions.

*edit* and yes, the reasons thing is absolutely true and will become more evident in time I believe. Higher level recipes should have better benefits than low level. I think that's the kind of tweaking that happens later in development though, lots to still get fleshed out and implemented before going back through and tweaking... not that it shouldn't be a priority, but you know what I'm saying.

argh, half hour's gone by! must... click... X...

Key here is fatboy just doesnt understand the current system.

Each zone area has higher resources of a certain type.

Say like Tallac, has a more common drop for metal blocks. South has more common for large plates, Sugarpine has more bats. ETC

All zones have the same resources, just some resources are more common in those zones.

Overall the balancing just needs to be increased to see this, and also make some items a little more common (a LITTLE nothing like it was before).

------------------------------------

Funny because the new people I talk to in my tribe doing scav dont seem to have this problem.

Tell tell me all the time. OMG DDT I just got this xyz. Im like cool. Even know I know it wasnt rare before now, its rare now. You see things like say raccoon bones and you are like "oh man I got 3 raccoon bones?" and you dont even see it as having much worth. But to new people that dont know about prepatch. They see it as a great find.

Yes, some of the loot tables need to be tweaked he said that and I agree. But the idea behind it is what i dont want changed. I dont want like you want. I dont want easy mode.

Also, you say you have done 50 hours of test, and I know you were in my zone last night, and the 2 next to me. So tell me what is the item they drop more common than your area? Oh you dont know? Well its because you havnt really checked. I know these things, and I love the system. After 1000s of savc's and SAVING the items you can easy see which items are common and which ones are not to the area.
    Now I know where I want to go for a few of the zones around me for those items.
    Again tables need to be tweaked and balanced, but its coming along great.