Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    This game may not be what many, shoot, even most players want. But there IS a good number of players out there that will enjoy this game for what it is.
    I dont know what you mean by "Good number" but I disagree, in its current state this game will drive almost all players away. Very few will stick it out for a month, let alone years in its current state.
    Yes the game is getting better, and yes the game has huge hopes and dreams. But don't confuse that with the current state of the game, or the state it was released in.

The player base in this game is soooo low. We are lucky to see 100 people online at any one time, and I bet that's best at peak times. Normally its likely under 60 people.

Im waiting, but i keep checking in everyonce in a while because at heart i really want to play it but i dont want to burn myself on grinds atm id rather there be tons of stuff than just a few.

But im rather patient

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I dont know what you mean by "Good number" but I disagree, in its current state this game will drive almost all players away. Very few will stick it out for a month, let alone years in its current state.
    Yes the game is getting better, and yes the game has huge hopes and dreams. But don't confuse that with the current state of the game, or the state it was released in.

The player base in this game is soooo low. We are lucky to see 100 people online at any one time, and I bet that's best at peak times. Normally its likely under 60 people.
    I got to admit that I have to disagree with you.
    Not on the game state, I'm quite aware that it isn't the best, still I believe it has a lot more to offer than equal trivial gaming in other games.
    - I find World of Warcraft even more boring than this and with a lot less to offer me than Xsyon has.

I'd also rather agree Mactavendish. I think you underestimate people quite a lot and what they want to play. Sure the majority would not like to play Xsyon in its current state or even with it completely polished. That is the reality for most if not all sandbox games. Even games as Darkfall suffers under this.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    I got to admit that I have to disagree with you.
    Not on the game state, I'm quite aware that it isn't the best, still I believe it has a lot more to offer than equal trivial gaming in other games.
    - I find World of Warcraft even more boring than this and with a lot less to offer me than Xsyon has.

I'd also rather agree Mactavendish. I think you underestimate people quite a lot and what they want to play. Sure the majority would not like to play Xsyon in its current state or even with it completely polished. That is the reality for most if not all sandbox games. Even games as Darkfall suffers under this.

You are also a fanboi and wont see any thing else until the game shuts down. Even then likely say its because of an act of god that it had to or something.

Mac is saying there is a "good number" of people playing and liking the game. That's just a bold face lie.
    Darkfall is far from polished, its almost as far as Xsyon is. So saying its polished at all is a joke.

Yes sandboxes are not going to work on many of the gamers that are used to AION, and WOW. But clearly the very very few people playing Xsyon means its Xsyon that has a problem not because of players, and saying it has a "good number" of people is as I said before a lie.

Agree with him all you want. Fanboi's refuse to see facts. Fact, server pop is under 100 people. Its meant to have 1000s of people.

I don't believe in God, so that might be a bit tough. (Another time, G is his name.. it's supposed to be written with a capital G unless you want to offend christians.)

I don't see why you can play 10+ hrs, obviously what seems to be a waste of your time as you never seem to be happy about anything in the game that should wonder what you are doing in a game like this, instead of accusing me of being a fanboi as I hardly bother to even spend 10hrs a day playing Xsyon let alone think of playing 10hrs, No?

Why can't you just accept the fact that some actually like the game, including yourself, or excuse me, but you are wasting hours, days and years of your life (not that I would be surprised really.)

So go ahead call me fanboi for actually enjoying a game. At least I'm not wasting time biggering how I dislike the virtual pixels on my screen.

I do really Really (capital R and all) want to like this game. I would love to enter into it with open heart and play as I would a survivor in the wastes trying to rebuild civillization.

The tools, however; are not there or else they are not very well concieved (my opinion I know). The mind numbing tasks just are not fun. The game is not in a playable state; as in a game that will be fun to play. This is pretty hard to rationaly refute.

I am currently in a negative mood with this game because of its slow plodding developement. Seems like "they" try and fix something just have to turn around and fix it again, but I digress. Don't much care about the politics or what is going on with the company, I judge it with what the game shows me when I turn it on. I paid money, give me what was promised.

Everyone here wants to love the game, thats why we're here, just wanted to point that out.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    I don't believe in God, so that might be a bit tough. (Another time, G is his name.. it's supposed to be written with a capital G unless you want to offend christians.)

I don't see why you can play 10+ hrs, obviously what seems to be a waste of your time as you never seem to be happy about anything in the game that should wonder what you are doing in a game like this, instead of accusing me of being a fanboi as I hardly bother to even spend 10hrs a day playing Xsyon let alone think of playing 10hrs, No?

Why can't you just accept the fact that some actually like the game, including yourself, or excuse me, but you are wasting hours, days and years of your life (not that I would be surprised really.)

So go ahead call me fanboi for actually enjoying a game. At least I'm not wasting time biggering how I dislike the virtual pixels on my screen.

Fanboi's are people with blind faith in the game. Stating things like they are fact that all is well in game when they are not. Im 100% sure you do like the game. Im very happy for you. Clearly MOST people dont like the game. Even people currently playing MOST are waiting for the game to get better, they are playing it because they want to be ready for the changes and also learn the game, or maybe help others out to learn the game. I'm sure they have their reasons.
    But saying the game has a "good number" of people is just a lie, and really misleading people looking to play the game.

I'm here not because of the current state, the current state is boring and lacking in so many ways. I'm here to get a grasp of the game, give ideas on how to make it better, help out with testing/reporting bugs/exploits, and help new players get used to the game.

You wont see me saying "Yes this is the best game ever, Im having a blast", there are some things about it that are fun and keep me busy, but its nothing as what it should be.

Here again you go on and on spinning things your way and you didn't even read what I actually typed... here let me quote myself ...

"This game may not be what many, shoot, even most players want. But there IS a good number of players out there that will enjoy this game for what it is."

Never claims is was polished, ready for prime time, or even has all its promised features but did say that after more improvements, many players out there WILL enjoy it for what it is. Maybe YOU should learn how to read.

The truly sad thing here, is your arrogance will not let you believe anyone else enjoys this game, nor do you want anyone else to. Then you stoop to abusive speech to one of my tribe members ( a female player ) almost making her quit over what you said.

Now don't tell me you love this game... you love YOUR idea for this game and are angry any anyone that does not share it.

I especially get your goat, because I won't give you the attention you want, as is evidenced by your incessant need to bait me into an argument.

I have a 15 yr old member with much more class and maturity than you have ever shown here. I keep adding new members to my tribe by being kind, helpful, informative, not by dominance, abuse or lies.

From now on, you are on ignore by me anywhere you can communicate.

9. 07-16-2011, 10:33 PM

Release population wasn't that big so I highly doubt there is a larger population then release right now.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceReaper View Post
    Release population wasn't that big so I highly doubt there is a larger population then release right now.
    there is barely any 1 around its boring as hell no 1 to talk to nothing to do but grind skills so to sum it up its a single player game where u grind and grind and grind wait i think i left something out oh yeah GRIND