Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hypocrit

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Im just wondering if its ok to start posting political views on the general discussion of a game?
    Are you going to keep beating this into the ground? Anyone with any common courtesy would have simply asked the moderator to move this to off topic. As I said, it's a reasonable request. However I didn't see anyone claiming that this was the correct thread, or argue about where this post belongs, so why are you continuing to have an argument when no one has disputed this request?

Plus it's really very simple, if you don't want to read it, don't! What's wrong MrDDt is this post taking attention from your forum posts? Oh wait, you managed to hijack this thread anyway didn't you. Which is again the reason people are leaving the forum.

[QUOTE=Saorlan;87324]What the F is this post about? Get it deleted already.

Damn rednecks.[/QUOTE

You request that people stop the personal attacks on Mr. DDT then you VERY personally attack Rudder with that comment? And you expect anyone to listen to you?

Well to the topic at hand, I love the idea of taxing internet items. I believe many people try to get around the tax code by trying to use the net as the way to by pass tax codes. I really would like to see more of this, and I really hope that maybe all this tax funding from the internet can fund projects that will stop email spam, hackers, and other bad things that cause the net to be a bad place to hang out, and do business.

The thing is , The internet is used by the world and since it is, It cant actually be controled (it can but cant be) taxing it can be good and bad at the same time. It would not stop spam/hackers on the net, as alot of the hackers come from different countrys, So in essence only way to TRULY put a stompin on spammers/hackers is take the united states internet and restrict it to only the usa and not allow any american to access outside the usa. This would be a way to slow them down but also give the gov almost full control over the net n tax it how they want, But then that would hurt alot of gaming companys who may very well take their buisness else where. this good things for a tax such as more money for the enconomy but also alot of bad with it.

Well considering the market that the USA does in gaming, I doubt many companies will just take it other places. We do a large part of the buying power for online gaming. Im sure other countries do a lot also, but USA is one of the top ones.

They can tax it, and there are many other ways than restricting USA internet only. There are taxes and tariffs they can place on to countries that dont follow the rules. This is very common in business, when a country doesnt want to follow standards, they will get tariffs or taxes on imports/exports. Causing them to feel it in other areas. If this tax gives the USA enough money to support this, then it could start a trend with other countries to do the same.
    Many countries follow USA business practices over time, and USA standards are very common throughout the world. Even English is becoming the world business language now instead of French.

Added after 22 Hours 32 minutes:

I was reading more about this, and really the more I read the better I like it. Its really going to help this internet problem I think we have in the USA and world. I wish more states would take this on.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    When people have to resort to personal attacks, clearly you can see they are the ones with issues.
    Clearly YOU, MrDDT, are one the one attacking and I'm your wanted victim. Now go TROLL somewhere else.

This IS NOT an off-topic post as this is the public area/general discussion. This post affects how the game we love will be operated in the future.

Due to the NEXUS, Notorious Games now owes sales tax to the NEXUS states for every subscription sold in a NEXUS state. Incorporating in places like delaware no longer work against being taxed as the NEXUS Law was written with the tax haven states in mind.

I have a home-based business and I have to collect sales tax for items sold in the NEXUS states. I was fired as an Affiliate from Amazon simply because I live in Arkansas and Amazon does not want to deal with the paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudder View Post
    Clearly YOU, MrDDT, are one the one attacking and I'm your wanted victim. Now go TROLL somewhere else.

This IS NOT an off-topic post as this is the public area/general discussion. This post affects how the game we love will be operated in the future.

Due to the NEXUS, Notorious Games now owes sales tax to the NEXUS states for every subscription sold in a NEXUS state. Incorporating in places like delaware no longer work against being taxed as the NEXUS Law was written with the tax haven states in mind.

I have a home-based business and I have to collect sales tax for items sold in the NEXUS states. I was fired as an Affiliate from Amazon simply because I live in Arkansas and Amazon does not want to deal with the paperwork.

Sorry you lost your job, but why dont you move if it's that important to you?

I agree with the tax laws, and I think companies will always try to pay a little tax as they legally can. Which I have no problems with, which is why I like to see laws that remove these loop holes so companies have to pay the taxes on these goods.
    Then maybe the government wont be as broke as it is now.

Please keep this thread on topic as described by the OP's opening post.

Please stop this silly trolling and personal attacks.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahln View Post
    There is no topic... no question or thought was posed by the OP.

The intent and justification of this tax is thoroughly clear.

On what planet are you living that a thread whining about taxation is a topic relevant to the general discussion of Xsyon?
    I forgot...Xsyon is tax exempt!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidblade View Post
    I forgot...Xsyon is tax exempt!!!
    Problem is that, problem is politics.
    Why bring that into the game forums? It should be in off topic if you want to talk about it. I mean everything relates to everything if you are going to use this. This isnt about a debate about moving the company to another country to fund it better due to taxes, its about the OP crying about how tax laws messed up his life and he wants to get the word out.

I mean, should I start talking about abortion because there was an MMO gamer mom that had one? Now that child wont grow up to be an MMO gamer? Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by L0rd0fIvIetal View Post
    lol america should stop spending money they dont have this new tax is to help them raise the borrowing limit they have. im so glad i dont live in a country that doesnt give a shit about its ppl.
    where do u live?i wana move there)