Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

To Xsyon Developers, Needs Urgent Changes!

Please add some sort of an ingame map(this is just pathetick on your part exploring the world is just a pain in the ass)

Whats the point of diffrent baskets and pouches(maybe they should offer bonuses to the ammount of weight you can handle) I just went on a hunting trip in xsyon and killed 5 labrador pups and that put me in slowmotion walk/run i wanted to do some bonecrafting so i had to take a crafting knife with me and other tools as i was planing on grinding for a while so incase my knife broke i could master up a new 1(so with my tools and armour on "not that i needed it for puppies but i was expecting bears and what not" i was about a quarter of my encumbrance bar deep) and before you say we are adding carts thats not what im asking.

This is begining to shit me up the wall most of the time im just stuck outside my tribal area fishing or grinding basketry or foraging and if i want to go scavanging just get discoureged by past expirenses where i couldnt find my way home for hours or was to loaded up with all the goodies i found and really needed so i was forced to slowmoe home once again for hours wich made the game seem like a waste of my money and time actually stuff the money it wasnt even that much for me but im pretty sure thats alot of money for some ppl in europe somewhere.

You call this state of the game released? I call it riping ppl off. Looking forward to hearing from you on this issues

Xsyon Citizen
    I fear that you haven't informed yourself enough before you purchased this game.

The absence of a 'worldmap' is not new, it has been like this since the start. And whether this is a wrong judgement call on the part of the developers or a good idea, I will not comment on.
    Anyway, just think of it this way: we (the players) are survivors of some disaster that happened x years ago. The world we know consists of rubble (junkpiles), a fairly rough terrain and even (too few as of yet) wild animals. Part of our struggle to establish a new civilization is to make our own (local) maps. Being observative with regards to finding and memorizing the landscape is part of this struggle.

Luckily the devs have given us the coordinate system. With that you can at least note down your totems' location and other POI's.
    And there are 'out of the game' attempts at accurate maps. Do a search on the forums (can't exactly remember where they are) for threads on the topic.

Lastly, about your 'riping ppl off' comment: I understand that you've become frustrated at the moment, but don't blame a game for not living up to your own expectations.
    Just either live with it (example join a tribe or talk ingame to people) or leave. 40 US$ isn't nothing, but its not that much currency.. especially not for us Europeans (with the exchange rate we have at the moment).. dollars are cheap (w00t!).

And welcome to the game mate .

3. 07-19-2011, 04:00 AM

hey theirs a cords system. learn it or walk away. Sorry to straight up about it, But their is no ingame map because thats the way the game is made. Use the cords system and explore and youll figure out where zones again. And this game didnt hype up nothing. Hell they never even advertised. it was all 100% players doing. So i am sorry if you hate the current system, But thats how itll be be, learn it, or never leave your area.

any more posts you gonna add your annoyance that there is no map? We hear you already

As far i im concerned a map is least of my concerns regarding the game and i would rather they spend time on other things and make the game more entertaining.

Regarding the lack of map it hasnt hindered me that much to be honest as there are a few maps easily available on the internet, maybe your sense of direction/understanding of the co-ordinate system is the problem? By asking on the forums ingame we can help if that is the issue.
    Yes it is difficult at in the beginning (but its meant to be) we were all beginners at one point so again if you need any help just ask.
    I have also made my own maps for tribe use based on the use of the co-ordinate system so it has its own offline cartography career path aswell

Regarding price, im sure there a many other (well polished) titles that people have bought that have only lasted them 2 weeks interest to be left gathering dust on their shelves thereafter, this game is no different, no-one is making you subscribe every month, thats your decision. Dont like it dont sub. We have all taken a hit before when we have been disappointed by a purchase.

Also you had a go at the other poster for replying if you want this for a devs only attention dont post it in Prelude forum, send a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by inhabit View Post
    any more posts you gonna add your annoyance that there is no map? We hear you already

As far i im concerned a map is least of my concerns regarding the game and i would rather they spend time on other things and make the game more entertaining.

Regarding the lack of map it hasnt hindered me that much to be honest as there are a few maps easily available on the internet, maybe your sense of direction/understanding of the co-ordinate system is the problem? By asking on the forums ingame we can help if that is the issue.
    Yes it is difficult at in the beginning (but its meant to be) we were all beginners at one point so again if you need any help just ask.
    I have also made my own maps for tribe use based on the use of the co-ordinate system so it has its own offline cartography career path aswell

Regarding price, im sure there a many other (well polished) titles that people have bought that have only lasted them 2 weeks interest to be left gathering dust on their shelves thereafter, this game is no different, no-one is making you subscribe every month, thats your decision. Dont like it dont sub. We have all taken a hit before when we have been disappointed by a purchase.

Also you had a go at the other poster for replying if you want this for a devs only attention dont post it in Prelude forum, send a PM.
    look i dont fucking want to play this in windowed mode like all of u do im fine with the cord system give me your cords ill come and knock u out. i know theres is a a map on the web that the devs had nothing to do with and btw if you had any brains you would realise that a map would mean that ppl could be bothered to trade more and explore more and move around more in general. THIS IS A GAME NOT REAL LIFE AND IF ITS SUPPOSED TO BE AN APOCALYPSE SIM IT FAILED you can have this thread im done with it. all this game will be is a handfull of fucking grunts that will put up with anything if i dont get a map b4 i need to pay the sub im out of here fuck this bullshit

Now are u sure u could find your way?

If u can why do u need the map then?

sorry cant help ya if you cant read u done hijacking this thread or you still got something to say?

Greetings L0rd0fIvIetal,

If you wish to receive an answer from the devs let me give you some basic information on how to go about doing this...

1. Go here The Dev Zone This is the section you can post your question and get an answer back from the devs.
    2. Stop with the profanities, nobody wants to read them and it sure as hell will not get you an answer any quicker.

Now on to your 'Map' desire... I can officially tell you right here and now, that by the time you are due to renew your subscription there will absolutely 100% NOT be an in-game map, sorry to disappoint but there is no need for one.

1. The playable area is not even big enough to really warrant a map.
    2. The idea of not having a map, is simply to encourage players to take in their surroundings and also to remember routes and points of interest.
    3. Also a Large portion of the playable area is actually a lake.
    4. Their are player maps around the internet, which you can do a quick google for, if you so wish.
    5. You have cords system which is accurate.
    6. You can actually tell which direction you are going if you take note of the in-games sun position.
    7. You can also Travel by the stars also. (This still needs some work)(And I've not seen any Xsyon astrological maps, would love to see some community created ones.)

Take any other MMO game out today, that provides an in-game map, Now I don't know about you, but when I first started playing them, i spent most of my time looking at the map screen more than I did looking at environment. This is not what we want.
    When I eventually learned the game, and new exactly where everything was I didn't require a map, I just new.

This is a game, and although its not 100% realistic we are trying.
    We don't want you to be able to fill all you inventory with items and be able to carry them around the world with no penalty, otherwise there is no risk.
    Even 5 Labrador puppies would still be heavy and if you were to carry 5 Labrador remains in a backpack in real life I'm sure you would need to take frequent rests. (On a side note... You evil Survivor for killing poor innocent Labrador Puppies /cry )

As for Hyping the game up, fatboy21007 is correct, we have never once advertised, nor have we ever hyped the game up. Any advertising or hyping has all been done by the community, who took it upon themselves to go our of their way to show the game to the rest of the gaming community.

So no, we haven't hyped the game up at all, we know that this game has/needs a lot of work and hopefully the community has been a lot more pleased with the progress we've made and the frequent updates we release.
    We can't satisfy everyone, its a shame we can't as we would really really like to, but we would be setting ourselves to fail if we thought we could please everyone.

If you would like to discuss it further, please by all means contact me in a PM and we can discuss your views and feelings.
    I'm open to a good old chimwag now and again.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by L0rd0fIvIetal View Post
    look i dont fucking want to play this in windowed mode like all of u do im fine with the cord system give me your cords ill come and knock u out. i know theres is a a map on the web that the devs had nothing to do with and btw if you had any brains you would realise that a map would mean that ppl could be bothered to trade more and explore more and move around more in general. THIS IS A GAME NOT REAL LIFE AND IF ITS SUPPOSED TO BE AN APOCALYPSE SIM IT FAILED you can have this thread im done with it. all this game will be is a handfull of fucking grunts that will put up with anything if i dont get a map b4 i need to pay the sub im out of here fuck this bullshit
    This sounds like fun. Here are my cords, you can try to come knock me out as much as you would like.
    Zone 739, 750x500.
    Please bring some screws, or bone armor. Thanks.

I can play in Fullscreen or Windowed just fine. Not saying only you are having the problem just saying its a bug and not something they planned to happen. Im understand why you are so angry but really, the way you are saying things is just venting. Not really helping.

Xsyon Citizen
    The quoted post was deleted and removed.
    Wow, you sure are angry aren't you?

First off, it was a chore to read this 'wall of text', maybe next time you will consider using punctuation or a few empty lines between sentences?

I have tried to give you a thoughtful answer, yet you come across as someone who isn't really looking for answers or a civil debate.
    I do not approve of using swearing or profanities online, but maybe you talk like this in real life also (in that case you probably aren't aware of your online language)?

Anyway, I've read the continuing thread just now and I can now say that I hope you will give up on Xsyon and venture to a title that supplies a worldmap and features like a magical bag that allows you to carry the world without any fuss.

So in my initial reply I welcomed you to the game, now I'd gladly wave you farewell .