Resources should only .....

Resources should only be found in certain areas, Not based off how far you are from your camp. How will there ever be trade and/or PvP if everyone can always find everything they need. When rare resources come in game there should only be a few places it can be found, Giving us reason to fight over land, And also have a reason to trade. The way it is now gives us no reason to deal with any other player or tribe.

I think the point of it is to get us to travel outside of our tribe/safe zone. The further we travel for resources the greater the reward. I think it's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by aliksteel View Post
    Resources should only be found in certain areas, Not based off how far you are from your camp. How will there ever be trade and/or PvP if everyone can always find everything they need. When rare resources come in game there should only be a few places it can be found, Giving us reason to fight over land, And also have a reason to trade. The way it is now gives us no reason to deal with any other player or tribe.
    This is the case, Some items can only be found in certain areas.
    But when you scavenge, it factors in how close you are to your own tribe area. The further you are away from your tribe area the higher the chance of finding something in general.
    This is just simply to discourage players from sitting in their 'safe zone' and be able to gather every single item in the game.

But as I said... some items/resources can only be found in certain areas, so you will either need to travel or trade to get them.

Have you fully tested this?
    Should we do a bug report if we have found this not to be the case?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Have you fully tested this?
    Should we do a bug report if we have found this not to be the case?
    If you feel you have found a bug with the system then please do.

Im going to wait for the scav update, because right now Ive not found a recipe since the last patch(s).

technically every1 wanted recipes rare...cant get any more rare then they are now haha!

Quote Originally Posted by GuideRaguel View Post
    This is the case, Some items can only be found in certain areas.
    But when you scavenge, it factors in how close you are to your own tribe area. The further you are away from your tribe area the higher the chance of finding something in general.
    This is just simply to discourage players from sitting in their 'safe zone' and be able to gather every single item in the game.

But as I said... some items/resources can only be found in certain areas, so you will either need to travel or trade to get them.

Just trying to understand here, Forgive me for sounding like a butt on this.
    But how will that help tribes that want to control land? The way it's set up now(If I understand this right), If a tribe sets up there camp on top of the area that has a scavenging resource anchored to it. That tribe will have to go out and find a new anchor point for that scavenging resource to have any chance of scavenging it.
    I see how this will get people out of there camp, But don't see how this will help make people want to trade or pvp. As it is right now, If you see someone running out of "area A", You don't have a clue what they may or may not have. If resources(even scavenging resource) was placed only in a specific place/area, "Area A" could become a contested area if it was only one of a few places where that resource could be found.

Side Note:
    I'm really hoping when tar and other rare non scavenging type of resource are added, That there is very few places it can be found. Giving the player base somthing to deal with, Be it fighting or trading for it.