Xsyon and the female player

So...............what is there that attracts the female players to Xsyon? How many female players are there out there? As per a lot of games I play I seem to be the only female in my tribe, so come on girls are you out there and what do you want from this game? Are you even playing?

I was attracted to this game for the tailoring, farming cooking etc (girlie stuff). Tailoring! fantastic gazillions of fabric types, leathers, fur, colours............but sadly so few patterns, yes I know this is survival out there in the wilderness but hey, you can barely tell the girls from the guys once they have clothes on. There is no male/female specific clothing

Farming....................not in yet. Cooking....................not in yet. Our camp is all finished now is just a waiting game. Unless of course someone wants to come to to my camp and I can make some clothing for them

Hey Sabina...I'm a female player and I'm here.

I'm the leader of my tribe, and I've met some other female tribe leaders/female homesteaders/members of tribes.....but we are far and few inbetween.

I'm very glad you have asked these questions.

Here are my answers in the order you asked them.

I love building - I love being in control of my enviroment, but most important of all, I would like to be a factor as a female player in the direction that Xsyon is going.

If this is a survival game as advertised...then it will not survive without the female input. I believe that war and conquest, politics and economics are important elements that will affect the Xsyon world. Im interested in all 3 aspects, but I want to involve the female perspective more in this game to make it attractive to a multitude of players which will contribute to a well-rounded game world. It would be very boring if everyone was all male, or all female and that singular point of view was promoted exclusively in Xsyon.

Let's hear from more female players and what they want, how they perceive the direction the game could take, and how they personally think their ideas/contributions will better enhance their playing experince and make this game more fun for both the male & female players.

3. 07-21-2011, 10:53 PM

females in xsyon? Thats unhead of! they dont exist just like the recipes dont! :-P

A while ago it was mentioned that the art team were working on female only armor, I guess its been put on the back burner at the moment tho.

Sorry for butting in where I may not be wanted, As I'm a male, And your calling out for the Women of Xsyon.

I know there is a lot more women playing the game, More than what it may seem to some. Based off of my time with Hopi, I had the pleasure of talking with a lot of women over the last months. The one thing I found was most did not want a lot of people knowing that they was female. But I hope with your post Sabina, And other's like it, You all can come together and speak in one voice on the feature/content that you all can agree on. With you and other's like China, and Jadzia speaking out, Other's may start to speak out with y'all.

I agree with China, That there has to be a voice from the females to help guide where the game will go.
    Let's hear from more female players and what they want, how they perceive the direction the game could take, and how they personally think their ideas/contributions will better enhance their playing experince and make this game more fun for both the male & female players.
    I personally don't think a game that is all male and/or gender neutral will ever work, It has to have both sides, It has to have the female side to it.