Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Except that the price for Xsyon sub went up since I lasted checked i can actually speak for all Europeans. On the subject of subscriptions and whether we pay more, the same or less.

The amount of money you pay in one European country doesn't divert from what they pay in another European country. Just as you wouldn't charge more money for a sub in one American state compared to another American state.
    - Quite easy to speak on other peoples behalf when you have those facts. I never said they would buy the game though. Just that it was cheaper for a European. The math was just to prove it, nothing else.

I can even screen cap you the european sub fee from World of Warcraft if you'd like.

Quoting myself, if you refer to speaking on other peoples behalf I'll have you know that this was plastered with I, me, my, I and an I.

"Certainly I won't complain about the sub fee when every other game company is ripping me of my money to play something that I find equally as boring as some find Xsyon boring. (NOT that I don't find Xsyon boring on occasions.)"
    At no point did I actually speak for an entire region without supporting material.
    For Europeans it was how much a fee normally cost for a European vs. what Xsyon costs for a European.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethaeryn
    If they put that much less money etc into it. . why are we asked to pay the same as for a game created by a company that did
    Whereas Aetheryn (I do agree with some of your points . just not the equal pay) ask why we should pay the same amount of money, when it is quite clear that Europeans gets a benefit. Was all I was out to prove. Change it with a "Why am I" instead of "Why are we" and I'd have been happeh. That wasn't what it said.

The American presumption was totally on me, I thought it was quite clear to anyone but Americans that only they, the Americans, are paying the same amount of dollars as they would with any other MMO (I presume - since they are fiery and pissed about paying the same amount - all stemming from this forum.)

(I won't speak for or include Asia as I have no clue how it is setup in their region.)

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    Except that the price for Xsyon sub went up since I lasted checked i can actually speak for all Europeans. On the subject of subscriptions and whether we pay more, the same or less.

The amount of money you pay in one European country doesn't divert from what they pay in another European country. Just as you wouldn't charge more money for a sub in one American state compared to another American state.
    - Quite easy to speak on other peoples behalf when you have those facts. I never said they would buy the game though. Just that it was cheaper for a European. The math was just to prove it, nothing else.

I can even screen cap you the european sub fee from World of Warcraft if you'd like.

Quoting myself, if you refer to speaking on other peoples behalf I'll have you know that this was plastered with I, me, my, I and an I.

At no point did I actually speak for an entire region without supporting material.
    For Europeans it was how much a fee normally cost for a European vs. what Xsyon costs for a European.

Whereas Aetheryn (I do agree with some of your points . just not the equal pay) ask why we should pay the same amount of money, when it is quite clear that Europeans gets a benefit. Was all I was out to prove. Change it with a "Why am I" instead of "Why are we" and I'd have been happeh. That wasn't what it said.

The American presumption was totally on me, I thought it was quite clear to anyone but Americans that only they, the Americans, are paying the same amount of dollars as they would with any other MMO (I presume - since they are fiery and pissed about paying the same amount - all stemming from this forum.)

(I won't speak for or include Asia as I have no clue how it is setup in their region.)
    Ah crap I had a long reply and lost it.

I can see why you went where you did with that. I meant MMOs in general. They have to charge "normal" fees though due to the lower subs regardless of less capital/resources put into the game. (<--this is my own counterpoint to what I said). Again, I was giving a "standard" reply that one would hear while not agreeing with it - no one seemed to be responding to the thread. I do take your point though and had not known about the great deal you guys get on the game which is good since you seem to get hosed with the VAT being added from what I have seen.

I know.. I just can't help it . It's nothing personal, it's more it could be misunderstood.

As I said, I do agree with you as well. It probably hould have been at the top of the first post.. Anywho. That was prolly a bit off topic .

I'm sorry. But that isn't how it works in this industry.
    Even if you are an indie developer, when you aim to make an MMORPG expect to spend, millions. If your company simply doesn't have the money from the get-go to develop an MMO...don't.

Indie developer is an all too familiar excuse now a days to justify lack of quality for a game.

Xsyon IS after your money because it's a business in the end. They want to invest that money into better services, better development etc. To pretend otherwise is being utterly naive.

However, when you start playing with the big boys of genres, expect to compete or don't even bother. If you are an indie developer and have a small budget to develop a game, DON'T aim for a MMO, because you will fail 99% of the time. In the rare exception that you succeed in finishing one, goodluck making it anywhere near as mainstream as some of the big boys.

And do not tell me that this isn't what the developers of Xsyon don't dream about each night. They do. They wish they were as big as the big boys and I also wish they were as well.

That said, it is understandable that they have a limited budget, and limited time with that budget, but it also means that their player base is a lot more valuable than other game developers would see them as. Xsyon owes the player base to bring them a AAA Title because that is what it set out to do when it first launched into development.

Falling short of that, and using "Well we are an indie developer" as an excuse is a cheap cop-out. And it also shows a poorly constructed business plan, poorly constructed planning in general.

I know you want to defend them for their work and their game, and believe me it is admirable for what they have done. But to lower the player base' expectations because it's an indie developer is patronizing the developers.

I f I want to make a game, I gather some friends and start working at it.....and we don't have to spend millions....we just have to work hard and without rest....now I would not start charging people to play until I know that the game is ready to be played. Now if it was money we needed, i would consider a donation option or something.

There is a difference between not having a lot of money/developing slowly vs taking the game the complete opposite way from which was promised. WURM online has had only like 1-2 devs and look at it.

No, the problem is the players were lied to, not that they (the devs) aren't rich and have a very small team. The majority of those looking to play this game came because of the promised open world survival and warfare, not for the protected tribal totems that litter the game world today with no point to PvPing cause materials are infinite and everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellaciouss View Post
    There is a difference between not having a lot of money/developing slowly vs taking the game the complete opposite way from which was promised. WURM online has had only like 1-2 devs and look at it.

No, the problem is the players were lied to, not that they (the devs) aren't rich and have a very small team. The majority of those looking to play this game came because of the promised open world survival and warfare, not for the protected tribal totems that litter the game world today with no point to PvPing cause materials are infinite and everywhere.
    This...and it is soooo sad the devs can't just come forward and admit to this, or any of the carebears.

But like I have said before, my theory is that they don't want to ruin there last chance of repopulating the game by releasing territory warfare before the rest of the systems are implemented and polished. Players won't care if there is territory warfare if the combat and siege systems are broken as hell, and they will leave the game as they did before.

So the systems need to be working first, then they can do advertisements about the end of prelude and the start of whatever is next and using territory warfare as a key feature to draw people back. Also releasing a 1 week free trial at this time and giving all players who used to have an active account 1 free month of play. When players come back and see territory warfare, combat and other features working they will stay.

Quote Originally Posted by L0rd0fIvIetal View Post
    LoL there u go again making urself look stupid keep it up i love the way u make me lol and please dont speak for everyone as u sit infront of the comp and have no idea about whats happening around u
    The only "idiot" here is someone calling another person names simply because he doesn't agree with him. Having disagreements is a major facet of life and something usually most of us learned way way back in highschool. Maybe one day when you grow in your stage of development you will come to realize that people have different idea's and opinions, and that this doesn't make someone an "idiot" it just means they have different idea's.

Cheers,
    -Trash