Lightbulb Rahl's Random Thoughts and Suggestions

Here are a few thoughts and suggestions.

1) What makes combat fun...? Now I'm not exactly sure of the age rating this game is for, but blood is realistic when it comes to combat. What the game lacks in combat is the satisfying spray of blood when struck, a crimson blade once the deed is done, and some type thwak animation slash sound.

2)Ever played fallout where when you fall you break your legs and your arms get hurt bad enough they are impaired? Why not have this in xsyon? Of course you would need a good way of repairing your limbs these could of course heal over a certain amount of time or could require some type of medacine. When you break an arm you can no longer use that arm to swing a weapn and have to change hands! When you break a leg you have to limp away and let it heal before you can move right again. Rest heals limbs faster than using them.

3) (just a shot in the dark, may work may not) Want realism? Why not add an additional meter aside from health. Why not have a blood meter? When your in a real fight and you get cuts all over you loose alot of blood, which does regerate over time. Why not have a blood meter that falls when you are hurt, because eventually we'll get something like pain killers but that doesn't restore lost blood, as your blood levels go down you get weaker and weaker. This defeats the Wow tank that just keeps healign and fighting for hours. The blood meter goes down slower than hp and lower blood levels lower comfort as well. But you can also do blood transfusions to raise your levels.

4)When someone comes back to life, shouldn't there be some kind of sickness. 1/2 stats make less quality stuff for a while. A chance for some type of brain damage where you forget somthing about a skill and loose a level?

5) Make and explorer skill where you draw a map of an area as you walk through it and it sketches in player made things from "arch" skill and trees and such. Then this map you make can be copied with certain materials in hand inta a physical item that can be traded to another player. But don't worry these map are not automatically updated! The world is always changing and so are maps once the traveler remaps the area so they are still relavent for trading in the future! There are many people who travel the world out there reward them for it!

More to come....

Rahl's Random Thoughts and Suggestions

1) What makes combat fun...? Now I'm not exactly sure of the age rating this game is for, but blood is realistic when it comes to combat. What the game lacks in combat is the satisfying spray of blood when struck, a crimson blade once the deed is done, and some type thwak animation slash sound.
    I like this idea, and we have talked about it before. My thoughts was that there had to be an option to be able to turn this on and off. Not everyone would want to see this, Also it could get old after some time, At lest to people like me. I also remember people talked about how this could help add a new skill to the game, Tracking. Where scout's or who ever could track a blood trail of someone that is hurt and trying to run away.

2)Ever played fallout where when you fall you break your legs and your arms get hurt bad enough they are impaired? Why not have this in xsyon? Of course you would need a good way of repairing your limbs these could of course heal over a certain amount of time or could require some type of medacine. When you break an arm you can no longer use that arm to swing a weapn and have to change hands! When you break a leg you have to limp away and let it heal before you can move right again. Rest heals limbs faster than using them.
    I like this and would love to see it in game. I'm no programmer, But this seems like a big programming job, But it would be cool.

3) (just a shot in the dark, may work may not) Want realism? Why not add an additional meter aside from health. Why not have a blood meter? When your in a real fight and you get cuts all over you loose alot of blood, which does regerate over time. Why not have a blood meter that falls when you are hurt, because eventually we'll get something like pain killers but that doesn't restore lost blood, as your blood levels go down you get weaker and weaker. This defeats the Wow tank that just keeps healign and fighting for hours. The blood meter goes down slower than hp and lower blood levels lower comfort as well. But you can also do blood transfusions to raise your levels.
    I like the idea of a blood bar, And see how it could tie into many other bars.
    Low blood would do many things for you, Like what you said weaker, But it would also slow down any healing, If your being healed. If not it would speed up your death. It would also make your food and drink meters go down faster.
    but I could see it also going the other way, when new type of foods/drugs are added to the game, And then you could have high blood. Meaning more blood than the norm, And what this could do for you is make you faster, have more strength, Smarter(helping with crafts), And giving you a longer adrenaline burn.

4)When someone comes back to life, shouldn't there be some kind of sickness. 1/2 stats make less quality stuff for a while. A chance for some type of brain damage where you forget somthing about a skill and loose a level?
    I'm baffled as to why there is no death penalty. in this type of game it should be a severe death penalty. I'm not for permanent character death, But it's needs to be bad enough to make people think twice if they want to try something or not.

5) Make and explorer skill where you draw a map of an area as you walk through it and it sketches in player made things from "arch" skill and trees and such. Then this map you make can be copied with certain materials in hand inta a physical item that can be traded to another player. But don't worry these map are not automatically updated! The world is always changing and so are maps once the traveler remaps the area so they are still relavent for trading in the future! There are many people who travel the world out there reward them for it!
    I'm all for this being some type of player character skill, But with luck what ever it may be will be answered the next time Xsyon does the question of the week.

L0rd0fIvIetal asked on 07-19-2011 04:14 AM:
    are you going to make a map and make exploration of the xsyon world better or should i just keep paying you for nothing?
    Lord of the fly is rude at the very lest, But he did ask, So I hope we will know soon. Also MrDDT said in another post that there will be some type of map, And I don't see any reason to not believe him.

I mostly want the first Idea so that I know I'm ACTUALLY hitting them. Right now I feel like I'm just swinging.