Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    I will take a slightly different approach to report my scavenging experience.

I have pulled the following items since the patch which also currently have no use in game as far as I know. In most cases, they appear in Small, Medium, and Large. In some cases, such as Metal boards, there are various types, such as Steel and Iron.

-METAL Boards, Studs, Pipes, Medium and large Blocks, Posts, Poles, Long Handles
    -PLASTIC Sheets, Blocks, Studs, Boards, Poles, Handles
    -Concrete Posts

It is hard to guage rarity without knowing the usefullness of these items. I suppose I will rarely use them.

I have found uses for Small Metal Block, Small and Medium Metal Handles. So, they are not included in the above summary.

As a side note, I am still trying to figure out the purpose of these non scav items:

-Tar, Quartz, many non edible Plants, and Shells. My guess for the Plants is Cooking.

I still find and discard alot of Dollar Bill, Quarters, Pennies, Beer Tabs, and Bottle Caps. My guess is this was an attempt at currency.

Part 2 to this debacle is a list of items I can no longer find that I do have a use for:

-OLD SAW BLADES, Pruning and Circular Saw Blades.
    -Knife and Cleaver Blades
    -Spades and Pick Heads
    -Bats
    -Lucky Horseshoes(can't confirm the usefullness here, but carry one anyway)
    -Old Pipe
    -Human Bones
    -Weights

Next are items I no longer find which also currently have no use as far as I know. I assume they will be used for farming.

-Hoe Head, Rake Head
    -Pitchfork Head, Garden Scythe

I still find the following useful items from scavenging or sorting:

-METAL Plates, Sheets, Spikes, Wedges, Rods
    -Nails, Screws, Bolts, and Rivets of various types
    -Feathers, Zippers, Junk Plactic, Buttons
    -Leather, Fur and Leather/Fur Sraps of various types
    -Metal Buckles and decorations
    -Rubber Grips and Scrap

MOST IMPORTANTLY, Can't find any recipes. If I could find Architecture recipes, I might be able to figure out what to do with some of these materials.
    Perfectly said and well posted.

+1 from me same problems and finds.

Only ten replies??? Really??? Does no1 Scavange???
    Do u guys allready have all that u need??? Can i has some saw blades???
    Anyways here is the stuff i havent seen and its pooping me up the wall(hope the pooping bit doesnt get me baned hehe)

-Sawblades
    -Knife and Cleaver Blades
    -Spades and Pick Heads
    -Bats
    -Human Bones
    -Weights
    and what others said

3. 08-02-2011, 12:39 PM

I second the idea of making clearer lines between scavenging and collecting junk. Currently it feels like you can find just the same through scavenging and pulling junk. The only difference be the quality and quantity you can get.
    It is possible that the increased amount in scavenging simply has put already rare items so far down the loot table we no longer see them. Removing those that can be found through sorting would be hella nice!

I agree with most of what was said, especially old saw blades used to make saws… new players need those, and I am running out of saws to give away

I don’t really want to see bolts, screws, nails and rivets removed, as I can find useful amounts scaving, and only very small amounts sorting… when we need such large numbers, I prefer to see them kept in the scav tree. But things like leather, plastic, and cloth have no need to be in the scav tree as we can find more than enough sorting. Just my opinion… thanks for your time.

It would be a really nice thing down the road to be able to narrow our scav tables down by picking form a list of things were looking for at higher skill levels or something... say small metal bits, or cloth colors... hope this is clear, and I know that's far down the road, but would be a good idea.

Since the big scavenging changes, I've found one of each of the following item types that used to be common:
    pattern (bonecrafting)
    bone (rottweiler rib)
    old saw blade
    weapon part (cleaver blade)

The frequency of these items seems to be about the same as skulls or giant drill bits used to be. Patterns don't need to be as common as they used to be, but still are too rare now. Old saw blades, bones and weapon parts should be found at least half as often as under the old tables.

My scavenging is 100 and perception 83. As the sole survivor of a formerly large tribe, I have a large supply of weapons (including picks and shovels) and a smaller supply of weapon parts. As a weapon crafter, I can grind on Tulipi clubs and axes, but under the current scavenging tables I'd probably wear out a bin full of knives for every new knife I can make from newly scavenged knife blades. A new weapon crafter that started like me with only the 5 shovel recipes could take a year or more with max scavenging to learn another recipe or find a pattern.

The scavenged leather is too common by a factor of 3 or 4. The heavy construction items (boards, sheets, poles, studs) should be moved to sorting. They are way too common and can make you go from 40% encumbered to a full stop in one pull. Feathers should be more common, perhaps off of junk piles. Handles and blocks are also too common, specially since there are limited recipes that use them.

To close on a good note, cloth drops seem about right.

If the combat changes on the test server go live without making knife blades as common as they were previously, then I'll be out of blades in less than a month and have to switch to axes.

Ravelli

In my opinion, your scavenging changes are still too drastic. did you even read these suggestions before attempting to correct your scav charts?

I scaved for 3 to 4 hours yesterday and left the game in frustration... I can’t imagine how it is for new players without 100 scav and high perception. Crossed 5 or 6 zones, hit 10 or more different scav piles, and found very little of use. Not one pattern, or any blades, no saws... felt like a waste of time.

Please consider looking at this more seriously, thanks.

by lack of post here the last 2 days im going to assume u all found blades??? or u just dont care about scav being fixed.
    i havent found jack since the last combat patch only stuff i can get from sorting and even that a miserable amount of it after scavenging for 10 hours+

Scavenging still 100% busted. again i wish the old system was back. it was fun and kept us busy. atm cant find anything and changes seem to do 0 effect.

For once i agree with Fatboy. Scavenging is 100% busted. None of the issues adressed above have been corrected. Now on top of this the resourse table seems broken as well. Havent seen a shell, obsidian or chalk in ages. There was a short time of about 2 weeks a while ago where these resourses had popped back into existance, but now they are gone again. I want the old system back. The new system in my opinion is absolutely terrible. I strongly suggest you get one of the Dev team to play the game and experience the scav/resourse table for themselves. Then we should see some changes in the right direction.

Now with the update today, i see alot of vareity and alot less drops however so far in 20 minutes time i found a horseshoe,circular saw,knife blade wedge, all other items we got before the patch and metal decorations.,old wrench, i can definitly notice a difference now.