Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    xoxo

you can add the other 95% of the players who have bought and quit xsyon since it's 'release' to my lack of understanding club.

what you don't understand here, is that you need to buy the game first, then you need to pay to play it, and then one day, ONE DAY!! its gameplaybe may resemble that which you thought you were purchasing. But then again it may not. If if it does not, yes you must still exercise more patience, for iit will still come...maybe...But only if you're patient.

I actually find this all quite amusing.
    I could have sworn this game was to be released in APR of 2010. I guess over a year of waiting isnt long enough, we have to wait years for this game to be "ready" as they listed it. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I could have sworn this game was to be released in APR of 2010. I guess over a year of waiting isnt long enough, we have to wait years for this game to be "ready" as they listed it. Haha.
    So, stop waiting and go play another game. It's really all personal choices to be honest. And luckily for us, we're not forced to sit in a cramped house with no A/C and play this game for 12 hours a day. Cheers to you and your future search.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hoolash View Post
    So, stop waiting and go play another game. It's really all personal choices to be honest. And luckily for us, we're not forced to sit in a cramped house with no A/C and play this game for 12 hours a day. Cheers to you and your future search.
    Says the guy who's been playing a week.

ill u must be sick. i dont have an alt. You must be extremly bored to try to troll a dead fourm of a game u hate ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Hanover View Post
    Says the guy who's been playing a week.
    Does his registration time make it less true ? He is right, if someone doesn't want to wait go and play another game. Or get some fresh air.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Does his registration time make it less true ? He is right, if someone doesn't want to wait go and play another game. Or get some fresh air.
    Still, the amount a player has spent in the game does influence that players opinion about its progression thus far. 'Fresh' players are bound to be much more enthusiastic about the game as they experience it. More seasoned (former) players often see flaws quicker and more often.

I agree with you that the statement the 'guy who's playing a week' made is correct.

But then again, these forums are currently filled with people who either played for extended periods in beta/prelude already and most of them (you included I believe) are not as active, or at all, as you were when the game seemed to make more progress than it did in reality.
    Even though some here voice their opinion in ways that sound as if they would be better off when they'd leave for good, I think the reason they keep coming back here is because they, deep down, are hopeful that Xsyon will become their game again.

The main difference between people like Illmaculate and myself is that I do not feel an urge to constantly bash the game for its flaws, I tend to just read and occasionally log in to enjoy what is there.

Quote Originally Posted by hoolash View Post
    Doesnt make me less upset that people like the OP are posting saying we need to just be PATIENT when I believe we have. Dont blame the players because they are upset that the game isnt working right. When people post facts about how the game isnt fun, or combat is broken, or not able to play because of major issues like disconnecting every 5 to 10mins. These people dont need to be told "Hey just have PATIENCE" when we have been waiting over a year.

Telling me to "stop waiting and go play another game" from a guy that has been here a week or 2 is really a joke. Hey person thats been here a week or 2, maybe you should play the game before telling me to stop playing it. Once you learn that Im one of the most active members of the game you will might figure out that Im not going anywhere because I believe in the game.

People like the OP are fanbois that want to tell everyone "Hey the game is doing great, Im having so much fun". Instead of pointing out issues to get fixed, and helping test the game to get it to be truely fun. Yes they dont have to help test, they can do like this 2 week old person says to do. But telling the players to "have PATIENCE" is not the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    Still, the amount a player has spent in the game does influence that players opinion about its progression thus far. 'Fresh' players are bound to be much more enthusiastic about the game as they experience it. More seasoned (former) players often see flaws quicker and more often.

I agree with you that the statement the 'guy who's playing a week' made is correct.

But then again, these forums are currently filled with people who either played for extended periods in beta/prelude already and most of them (you included I believe) are not as active, or at all, as you were when the game seemed to make more progress than it did in reality.
    Even though some here voice their opinion in ways that sound as if they would be better off when they'd leave for good, I think the reason they keep coming back here is because they, deep down, are hopeful that Xsyon will become their game again.

The main difference between people like Illmaculate and myself is that I do not feel an urge to constantly bash the game for its flaws, I tend to just read and occasionally log in to enjoy what is there.

You agree that people should stop playing the game and play something else? Really? Instead of people like me that have like 1/2 the bug posts, and report all these to the devs? Also people like me that post ideas and also debate ideas and work them out? Just stop playing and go play another game? Or people like me that log into test when they ask to test these issues? Just forget all that and go play other games?

How many bugs have you reported? How many times have you logged into test? How many ideas have you posted? How many events have you held or been to in game?

As much as I dont like fatboy's playstyle I would say we need more players like him, more players like me, more players that are willing to put the time in and test the game, report bugs and post ideas. Less fanbois that say "Everything is great, come play Xsyon" or "If you dont like it play another game".

/rant

So again my question is how much "PATIENCE!" should I have?

Ok fine.

I will respond you your statements and then most likely abandon these forums completely.

I have indeed suggested improvements, said what I didn't like, and have continued to pay for this game, even in it's current state because I trust they developers will eventually pull off something great. I don't care that you don't like me on some personal level. to call me a fanboi because I don't rant and rave like you do is at best misleading and at worst you just spinning other peoples words again.

You have indeed spent tons of hours here, OBSESSIVE amounts of hours and you have posted many bugs and made all kids of suggestions, ( which I see have not be listened to any better than anyone else's ). You have a huge investment... in an online game. I don't have 18 hours a day to play a game. It is NOT my life nor will I let it be.

This gives you a sense of entitlement and a feeling of importance that show every time you post. YOU personally have run off players, are just back from being banned, and yet you still feel the need to jump on the few players that still believe in the developers, or simply like the game.

I feel that you will not be happy until everyone that does not agree with you has left the game. Perhaps you feel that then YOUR ideas will finally get listened to. But I hate to reveal this secret to you, but almost ALL like you are gone. and many more like me are still in game playing.

All I am doing here is stating the facts as I see it, just like you are allowed to do.

I will check back in a month or two and see if it is worth checking out the forums or posting. But for now I leave these forums ... you have succeeded.

Im not the one telling people not to post or be upset because of not liking the game. Ive not told you to stop posting your ideas or reasons why you love the game.

I understand there are a few fanbois out there that believe the game is perfect. I also believe there are 1000s of people that have quit because the game isnt what it was said to be at release and even now. Telling us to have "PATIENCE!" is just sad. Many have been waiting, Ive had PM's telling me "Hey let me know when the game is fun so we can come back to play" or "Keep up the good fight, I dont have the time to post to keep the game on track" things like this.

I have many many friends that refuse to play due to missing features, and crashing, disconnects, lag etc. These are major issues that should have been addressed LONG ago. Telling players they dont have "PATIENCE!" is a slap in our face.

I have a sense of entitlement just as everyone does that have paid for this game. Our money was invested into the game with a list of features and a game to be working. Not a broken game with broken features or "ready but not turned on" features.

All my ideas are not perfect, maybe even some are wrong, you are free to post why they are wrong, or why you dont like them. MANY others seem to like them. Even players that hate me in game (due to PVP issues or "griefing" issues) have told me they like most of my ideas.
    I think thats great when players have an open mind like that.

Even you making this thread like this is just you whining at players for being upset with the state of the game. Its really a topic of nothing more of a flame-bait and trolling people.

honestly the devs need to be extremely happy that they have veteran players who are still willing to play this game day in and day out, flaws and all.

i can't do it. I am unable to keep plodding away just because...so like many i sit and lurk and hope.

the funny thing is, that the devs haven't pleased anyone

It's not the carebear paradise that jad and company had hoped for.
    It definitely isn't the open world pvp wonderland that I'd hoped for.

Furthermore, I, and i'd believe many others, really have no idea where it's going...which is the core of the problem.

What is the point of patience when you don't know what you're waiting for? Is it a pie coming out of the oven or a roast? Be patient, you can drink what's in the jug a little later...what's in the jug? wine? water? juice? milke? beer (mmm beer)? Be patient and you'll find out.

we do a lurch on fixing the combat system, then we jump over and jack with the architectural system, meanwhile disco issues pop up and remain unresolved for long periods of time. Shrug. patience is overrated.

definite props to all the folks who have continued to play throught all the uncertainty of the development process. keep up the good fight.