Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    Remember when you first read about this game?

Remember when it said this was going to be the Prelude time, where things would change according to feedback from players and what could be done with the technology?

Remember where they said that nothing is in it's final state, and that as the game developed we would be a big part of what the game finally was?

Remember any of that???

If not that's partly the problem. Expectations are out of whack.

What we need is the patience to wait.

Wait till the very small team at NG is able to finish the work they are doing.
    Wait till the recipe tweaks can be done... ( done right )
    Wait till the loot tables are put where they need to be.
    Wait till the game is in a state where lots of folks will be entertained better.

We have all developed an inflated sense of entitlement. NOBODY made any player here buy this game. It was a choice made by US. So if there is anyone to be upset with if we don't like something here... it is US. Yes, ME included.

And I know a few will retort, "It's on the feature page!! They lied to us!!!"

No they didn't ... not they didn't. NO, they didn't.

These were not promises, just features they were shooting for.

So let us ALL take a deep breath, remember it's a game and have fun with what you CAN do and have patience to wait for the cool things you will be able to do next.
    For me it is very simple. I will be patient - but I will not pay to wait. Not hard feelings . . nothing expected.

Thank you all for giving me something to read while at work, This does help pass the day by, When stuck in an office.

Keep it going I still have 7 more hours to go.

I am one of those people that left the game due to its state. I do not have the time or the inclination to pay for an unfinished game that lacks direction or a clear vision of where it is going. Still lurk every so often because I have a small bit of hope the devs can turn things around and realize the vision that was "promised" so long ago.

As a lurker, I enjoy reading both the "haters", "fanbois" and every post in between. At least it shows there is a community of people (no matter how small) that still cares for this game enough to argue over it. A game is only truly dead when its forums become a ghost town...

P.S. Dubanka's observations pretty much bring home the point of the issues with Xsyon. It fails to satisfy the PvE "themebox" crowd as well as the PvP "FFA full-loot sandbox" crowd. Both segments are a niche segment within the larger MMO population but the game fails to even appeal to the niche.

...back to the occasional lurking as I know nobody cares what the departed have to say...

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I have many many friends that refuse to play due to missing features, and crashing, disconnects, lag etc.
    Oh come on DDT, you still making this same shit up? You cant seriously expect anyone to believe you have "many many friends". LMAO

I think Ill hit the nail on the head in his last post. The minority of players that are left here will not help this game and its development. The 1000's that have left have left because the game took a wrong turn and never came back, and as long as the same minority continue to steer this ship as far as community input is concerned, this game will continue to be heading in the wrong direction. Jooky should have listened when the many were talking. Im talking about all the "no safe zone" discussions, the discussions that addressed the need for better PvP systems, which should have been done before release, just to name a few.

I am not going to get into all the things I think need doing to this game again, they are all well enough documented, and Im sure Jooky has read them. Once Xsyon finds the path it was on in the first place again, and the development progresses from there in the right direction, then we may start seeing things improve. Of course, it would be better to perma ban the master griefer who thinks is doing such a great job helping this game, who instead is just hurting it. Wait for it, he'll post pretty quick after this. I'm not surprised that he's been banned in yet another game, shame it was permanent though.

Quote Originally Posted by unclean666 View Post
    I knew what I was getting into when I put the money down and so did a lot of others.I am happy with the game and its fun to be a part of it as it grows.

I also knew what I was getting into when I put money down for Earthrise I took a chance and wasent happy but I moved on I dont hang around there forums to bash it every chance I get.

TY
    See this here is really wrong. A majority of us bought this game for the open world PvP, expansion and conquest, which isn't there whatsoever. We knew exactly what we were getting into (unfinished). We just didn't know that so little would be accomplished in 4 months it is truly pathetic.

I'm sorry, but this game develops too slowly for there to be any chance of it surviving...unless they can keep it r running with hardly any players and also keep negative rep to a minimum.

Why? They can't even fix how you learn architecture recipes in THREE WEEKS. That is horrible programming skills. If you tell me this is hard to code you don't know what you are talking about. Either this, or they were working solely on disconnection issues for 3 weeks...which speaks for itself....ha. But the coding is already there they just need to change the variables for recipe learning speed

Then you have the whole issue of their priorities. Completely ass backward. Yes, lets add in new architecture recipes that have no use whatsoever, before we add in anything that actually affects game play.

NO ONE knew what they were getting into (content wise..except what the features page said ofc), except for the fact that the game was unfinished. We had no idea there would be zero PvP or conquest in a sandbox game, where the #1 activity always has been and always will be the open world pvp (its not there in Xsyon, even with 10k players in the world, there would be little PvP).

It's really quite simple. Unprecedentedly slow coding coupled with horrible development priorities is killing this game. The ONLY reason I played as long as I did is because I expected some forward movement toward the game we all wanted to play. If I see that forward movement I would stay.

NG is in a huge dilemma. They had to release the game to keep development moving. However, releasing the game has caused a terrible reputation, almost irreversible. Now that the game is released, they need players to keep it running. BUT, they also know that players will not continue to play longer than maybe a week, so they cannot get the population part down. Unless they add in PvP and conquest and then people will come back to the game. However, this alone will not do it for NG. Their are far too many bugs and exploits and unfinished content BESIDES the PvP and conquest, that those alone will also ruin the player experience.

So, in a nutshell, NG MUST finish other development before it's last attempt at re population via a PvP conquest and warfare patch. Otherwise the war and conquest patch is all for none.

This will take a long time, so just keep an eye on the "mega pvp patch" to come as their last effort for re population. Try the game then, make your decision.

I have not given up on Xsyon, but the development is so painfully slow I'll be a grandfather by the time I get to play the completed "Feature Page Xsyon"

Major Xsyon content changes in 4 months

Crafted item decay
    Animal AI
    Combat changes that took forever, even though combat is hardly used in Xsyon
    Arch recipes
    Scav redistribution
    Trees respawn.... (no agriculture, apparently more recipes for arch was more important lmao)

Added after 9 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    Oh come on DDT, you still making this same shit up? You cant seriously expect anyone to believe you have "many many friends". LMAO

I think Ill hit the nail on the head in his last post. The minority of players that are left here will not help this game and its development. The 1000's that have left have left because the game took a wrong turn and never came back, and as long as the same minority continue to steer this ship as far as community input is concerned, this game will continue to be heading in the wrong direction. Jooky should have listened when the many were talking. Im talking about all the "no safe zone" discussions, the discussions that addressed the need for better PvP systems, which should have been done before release, just to name a few.

I am not going to get into all the things I think need doing to this game again, they are all well enough documented, and Im sure Jooky has read them. Once Xsyon finds the path it was on in the first place again, and the development progresses from there in the right direction, then we may start seeing things improve. Of course, it would be better to perma ban the master griefer who thinks is doing such a great job helping this game, who instead is just hurting it. Wait for it, he'll post pretty quick after this. I'm not surprised that he's been banned in yet another game, shame it was permanent though.
    The only reason he hasn't been perma banned is because he plays this game 10 hours a day. They need him for bugs and exploits. Although, I'm sure he only reports bugs, not exploits DDT claims to be able to level up combat skills without hitting another player or AI. All I can think is exploit....which is simply a bug that is advantageous. He wouldn't tell me how.

I feel like i should end this post with something good NG has done since launch.

D/C issues are better than they were pre-July8th patch. I can run across the whole world without D/Cs while playing one account. Not on both accounts though, but still, it's a start.

So all this boils down to a question, What is better. Pointing everything out that does not work and saying the game will never work IF, or Overlooking what's wrong with the game and saying this game has all the potential of being a great game.

And even if MrDDT is doing 50% of all bug testing, I think there is still a lot of Haters, and Fanboys doing testing for the game and want the game to be great.

Ps. Please stop spitting out bull shit stat's as if they was facts. Unless you know everyone that has joined Xsyon and then left, No one knows how many people left for this or that reason. I would love to know a real stat, How many people that play Xsyon post or use in any way the forums. Because I see people (And damn myself for saying it from time to time) using the word "most", And I also hate seeing the words "majority, minority" as if any of us knows just how many people really do or don't want things in game.

Pss. All this was said way to damn early in the morning and I'm a coffee deprived caffeine addict.

I think we need brain surgeons because there are more than enough patients (lol) here...

...amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanover View Post
    Says the guy who's been playing a week.
    Yup, and the guy who's not QQ'ing about waiting. Does that answer your question?

Added after 10 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Doesnt make me less upset that people like the OP are posting saying we need to just be PATIENT when I believe we have. Dont blame the players because they are upset that the game isnt working right. When people post facts about how the game isnt fun, or combat is broken, or not able to play because of major issues like disconnecting every 5 to 10mins. These people dont need to be told "Hey just have PATIENCE" when we have been waiting over a year.

Telling me to "stop waiting and go play another game" from a guy that has been here a week or 2 is really a joke. Hey person thats been here a week or 2, maybe you should play the game before telling me to stop playing it. Once you learn that Im one of the most active members of the game you will might figure out that Im not going anywhere because I believe in the game.

People like the OP are fanbois that want to tell everyone "Hey the game is doing great, Im having so much fun". Instead of pointing out issues to get fixed, and helping test the game to get it to be truely fun. Yes they dont have to help test, they can do like this 2 week old person says to do. But telling the players to "have PATIENCE" is not the answer.
    It's all just a simple suggestion. I've seen your posts on these forums and there's posts that point out flaws and there's posts that down talk the game. If I based my opinion solely on reading your "experienced" posts, I never would have come over to try this game in the first place. Saying anything from me is a joke and the posts about how I've been here one/two weeks really have no objective stance to a suggestion of finding another game, if you're so upset. I've been MMO gaming since 1996 and my intelligence level allows me to be a little ahead of the curve and I don't need more than two days to begin finding the flaws in the game. But hey, thanks for trying to say I'm ignorant. Posts of game assistance should be constructive and information based. Not that you don't have these posts, most are not so. My apologies for making a conclusion based on the information, facts, and posts you have made. My apologies for finding the disgruntledness in all posts, not just DDT's. This game will need a much better community to arrive if it plans to further develop. Otherwise, I fear this will eventually find itself pushed to the wayside. I certainly hope not as this is a game idea that I've been messing around with myself. My only issue is the finances to get it started. So, I'm here for a much deeper level of learning and experience than most are just spending their dollars to play a game. Learn to construct instead of tear down. We're not God destroying and rebuilding a temple in three days.

PS, DDT, I know you from DFO, I know how you are. I've never seen you happy. Again, my apologies for suggesting you find it.