Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen

**Great Totem Idea**(IMO)

Ive had..... anouther idea!

Totems should reflect what the tribes do and what they repression E.g.
    If a tribe is evil it should have bones and skulls on it and should be a darker colour with mist and a dark evil kind of feel.
    If a tribe is neutral it should have a balanced half 'n' half kind of look and feel
    If a tribe is good for instance it should have flowers or a less feminine approach but still look "good"

also if the tribe is small or a homestead it should be puny and small but if the tribe is a real tribe with 25 or 40+ men/women it should be big and grand

......Just an Idea....... give feedback below/criticism

Yes, that would be nice. Though, honestly, I think it's way down the priority list.

Simple but sweet... I like it.

I dont think these should be based on tribe size NOR should it be based on alignment.
    It should be based on what the tribe wants to build. If they want to build a big nasty one and its a homestead then fine just get the resources and put the time to make it. Tribe size shouldnt have anything IMO to do with # of people.

Why should large tribes be the only ones with cool looking totems? If homesteads or smaller tribes put effort into it, they should have the option too.

Xsyon Citizen
    it was to represent the tribe like if a random person passes by hed get an idea of whats going on and whether to stay away or not

Quote Originally Posted by TheSlyRoogon View Post
    it was to represent the tribe like if a random person passes by hed get an idea of whats going on and whether to stay away or not
    I can see that but why limit it to people of good or evil or of how big the tribe size is? Why not just allow players (any player) to build the totem how they want it to look. Give everyone the same choices. Instead of limiting it only to evils or goods or if I have 1000 people in my tribe or not.

Xsyon Citizen
    just an idea DDT just an idea and because totems arnt meant to be built its like expressing feelings the size of the tribe and the status of how they play are the feelings and the aesthetics of the totem is the expression if your tribe gets bigger or if you want you can add an upgrade option to this idea where you have to go out and fetch the mats to change the totem

Quote Originally Posted by TheSlyRoogon View Post
    just an idea DDT just an idea and because totems arnt meant to be built its like expressing feelings the size of the tribe and the status of how they play are the feelings and the aesthetics of the totem is the expression if your tribe gets bigger or if you want you can add an upgrade option to this idea where you have to go out and fetch the mats to change the totem
    So you are saying you dont have a reason why to limit it to size of people, and you dont have a reason why you want to limit people on what they can or cant build?

All Im saying is that I see no reason why to limit people. Allow anyone that wants to, build it how they want. Instead of placing rules.

First off, I like your idea, And think I unstand why you would want the restrictions as to the size and look. This would let you know faction and size of tribe without ever having to click on the totem. If that is the case I like that idea a lot. But I also see what MrDDT is saying and I'm all for having more options as well as to look and feel of the totems. So maybe something like restrictions but have many looks to pick from for each faction and sizes indicator totem.

You cant tell the size of a tribe just looking at how much they own? When I walk into a tribe area, I can tell right off the get go just about how big that tribe is.

I dont see limits on what a tribe looks like or what they can build should be placed. Its a sandbox game leave it sandbox. If you want to know how many are in their tribe, ask them, or go click on the totem. Maybe they want to keep it on the DL? To show they are really a big tribe but they are a group of small hard working people. Or maybe a large tribe wants to be seen as a small tribe so they can pounce when they need too, without others knowing. I can think of many reasons. The point is that sandbox shouldnt limit people with these fake rules. What is the point in having these fake rules anyways? Status? Shouldnt you have to earn status through actions? Not how many accounts you can get to join a totem area?

Im not about actions speak louder than words. I believe that the actions of players should effect it NOT the # of accounts. Active players make the game work, not # of accounts.