Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well, I've only been playing Xsyon for around two days now. I've played a lot of MMOs and whenever I log in one they all kind of feel like the same thing, just with different graphics.

When I first logged into Xsyon I was thrown into the middle of the woods with a pack and some tools. I started exploring the landscape, trying to figure out what to do. Later in the day I spent over two hours wandering through the landscape, trying to find my way from the starting point to my Tribe's land. I took my time and explored every bit of the landscape. It was fun and exciting figuring out what you could do in the game. I have never had that experience in any other MMO lately.

Xsyon is different, in a good way. I'm sure it'll only get better.

2. 08-08-2011, 05:45 AM

And people being rude, Just to be rude, "will NOT help in improving this game. Simple as that."

Take this thread as is was meant to be, A place for people to say what they like about the game. I have a feeling people like you Eduard will never like any game, Because the only joy you get from games are the one you have when you are stirring things up.

The shame to this is, You only have 21 post and in time may become a good Xsyon member one day, But I'll never see it. Welcome to ignore!

Ed, I beg to differ.

We are not running from the reality that the game needs a lot of work, nor is this a blind fanboi thread.

It's purpose is to switch gears away from rampant complaining, back to civil and constructive posting.

My ENTIRE goal here is to cause a return to players posting things like...

"Had a a lot of fun building with the new granite wall sections, but I discovered that that Yakid post does not butt up to the limestone wall when you have it pointed one way.. it will if pointed the other way. Could you please check into this bug?"

and NOT things like...

"This sux!!!! can't you fix anything right???"

Surely you see the difference in those two styles.

I get yelled at no matter how I post, unless I post lies about how the game is.
    I cant even tell my friends about this game in fear they will laugh at me for playing a game in the sad state this one is in.

So yes, OP. I agree its time for a change. Instead of fanbois posting about the few good things maybe they should see the facts that few people are playing and the game is hurting big time.

[facetious response] OK everyone, You heard the naysayers, So lets pack it up and move on. Xsyon is dead!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    To be successful, we need to not get sucked into debates that will spin out of control and only lead to complainers getting the upper hand again.
    It seems that they are doing there best to do just that Mac, They could only take a few people saying they enjoyed something about the game before they came running.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    It's purpose is to switch gears away from rampant complaining, back to civil and constructive posting.
    I'm having fun with the fact that not a lot is handed to you in-game, But I wish that you would not start off with every crafting skill. I think it was better back when all you had at the start was the crafting skill you picked when making your Xsyon character. It made you need other people to make things work, Be it trade or tribe.

Illmaculate and Eduard

Keep it on the topic of the thread and it wont be deleted, pretty simple really

Quote Originally Posted by aliksteel View Post
    [facetious response] OK everyone, You heard the naysayers, So lets pack it up and move on. Xsyon is dead!!!

It seems that they are doing there best to do just that Mac, They could only take a few people saying they enjoyed something about the game before they came running.

I'm having fun with the fact that not a lot is handed to you in-game, But I wish that you would not start off with every crafting skill. I think it was better back when all you had at the start was the crafting skill you picked when making your Xsyon character. It made you need other people to make things work, Be it trade or tribe.
    I'm not saying pack up and move on Xsyon is dead. I'm simply saying stop acting like its not dead so we can move on to the real problems to fix the game. Sugarcoating things saying "Yes its great" or "Lots of people are playing Xsyon" isnt doing anything but harming the game.

People will come buy the game get pissed off and whine about how crappy state is in and how the features list and players lied to them. Its already been done 100s of times before.

Give people the facts let them make a choice using what is true about the game. This game does have many good things to offer people.
    I love many things about the game. This is one of the truest sandbox games out there. But dont just gloss over the fact of the major bugs, the lack of features, the lies on the features list, the very long update times, and the lack of people playing.

Right now this game is just very boring, sad part is I believe the # of people playing double in the last 3 weeks, yet you cant even tell.

Xsyon is getting better, slowly its working it way past all these problems. Focus on fixing the problems instead of lying about them to people.

So you go ahead and post what you like about the game, I will too. However, I will also tell people what is broken in game, missing in game and how its also not fun for most people that bought it.

ok as one of the nay ppl that got baned for a bit and then again as much as i complain about the game i still like to play it a bit but would love to play it if everything worked the scavenging has been broken for months if its as simpple as adjusting the scav tables then why hasnt it been done even with the new combat/dc where i was told that scavenging has been adjusted its still broken(10 hours + of scavenging and got nothing) and i still get crashes all the time there is an endless spam of text when u hit mobs the mobs are now geting stuck again and when they go in deffence mode it just looks retarted this is not a released game as much as all of u like to say it is i really cant understand why u all cling on to it so hard is it becouse its the only true sanbox concept out there at the moment? and why oh why do u ppl insist on paying for it like its a functioning game is beyond me but as long as u do companies like this will just test u and see how little they can give u and take as much money as they can from u i dont really care its ur money or ur parents money so do with it what u want i hear they are working on carts now what for ??? there is so much to do b4 that anyways im done with xsyon untill they implement everything on the list i will not be a part of a paying alpha and b4 you go and say iits not play it for a month solo without geting what u need from nice ppl handing out stuff after last 2 patches
    1 game crashes
    2 graphics as said not the latest ones but still are broken
    3 solo impossible with out help from others and rerolling ur toon until it fits just right is stupid
    4 stupid text spam in combat without being able to identify who is who unless u remember who hit first
    5 animals geting stuck
    6 ahh stuff it im done cant even be bothered to list all the stuff thats messed up have fun supporting 3 ppl while they try to make a game but obviously wont be able to with just the 3 of them

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by L0rd0fIvIetal View Post
    ok as one of the nay ppl that got baned for a bit and then again (...) game but obviously wont be able to with just the 3 of them
    Oh boy, fresh after yet another temporary ban here you are again. Posting yet another reply without *any* punctuation or whitespace between your sentences.
    Regardless of whether I agree or disagree with what you say, this alone makes it very hard to really understand you mate.

About your negativism: I understand that you have purchased a game which does not live up to your expecations. I also understand that you feel an urge to share your disappointment with all others. This in itself is fine and of course you too are entitled to your opinion, but why my fellow 'survivor' do you have to be so destructive in everything you post?

I really don't get that.
    If you are convinced that the game is not good enough for your standards and the development of it does not go as speedy in the 'right' direction, why bother to keep on telling us that?
    You really should leave (the game) for other endeavours, go outside even or enjoy a good single-player RPG (if you like those games).

If you insist on being critical towards this game (which is a good stance), take an example from MrDDT.
    Now I won't tell you that I agree with his 'playstyle' or his attitude that only he knows how to play this game, I must admit though that he has an ability to be critical about this game but also still make valid and constructive posts.

Now back on topic:
    I realise that the game is not all it could be yet but even with what is there currently, I'm happy to play here. I may not play as often as I could, even I get bored of the endless grinding of bricks and mortar occasionally. But I do feel that, if the game gives us a more concrete (or realistic) purpose to keep building and fighting for survival, I'll subscribe for a longer time. Just to see where the game will eventually go. For this I really applaud the developers and even more those individual players (both the positive ones like the OP and the critics) who try to keep the community together.

Together we may go a long way . I expect to be a part of 'us' for years to come (if I survive that long of course ).

Quote Originally Posted by L0rd0fIvIetal View Post
    ok as one of the nay ppl that got baned for a bit and then again as much as i complain about the game i still like to play it a bit but would love to play it if everything worked the scavenging has been broken for months if its as simpple as adjusting the scav tables then why hasnt it been done even with the new combat/dc where i was told that scavenging has been adjusted its still broken(10 hours + of scavenging and got nothing) and i still get crashes all the time there is an endless spam of text when u hit mobs the mobs are now geting stuck again and when they go in deffence mode it just looks retarted this is not a released game as much as all of u like to say it is i really cant understand why u all cling on to it so hard is it becouse its the only true sanbox concept out there at the moment? and why oh why do u ppl insist on paying for it like its a functioning game is beyond me but as long as u do companies like this will just test u and see how little they can give u and take as much money as they can from u i dont really care its ur money or ur parents money so do with it what u want i hear they are working on carts now what for ??? there is so much to do b4 that anyways im done with xsyon untill they implement everything on the list i will not be a part of a paying alpha and b4 you go and say iits not play it for a month solo without geting what u need from nice ppl handing out stuff after last 2 patches
    1 game crashes
    2 graphics as said not the latest ones but still are broken
    3 solo impossible with out help from others and rerolling ur toon until it fits just right is stupid
    4 stupid text spam in combat without being able to identify who is who unless u remember who hit first
    5 animals geting stuck
    6 ahh stuff it im done cant even be bothered to list all the stuff thats messed up have fun supporting 3 ppl while they try to make a game but obviously wont be able to with just the 3 of them
    How can you even type this to yourself? I couldn't even understand what my own self was saying if I typed posts like that.

I agree, it would be nice if the combat messages were smaller and also showed who you damaged.