Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I know that a couple of you really believe that I'm a blind fanboi.

The truth is I am far from a fanboi. I fully understand where the issues lie, and what is broken and what needs fixing.
    I have to explain daily why tribe mates cannot do this or that yet, why you have to re-roll just to be sure you have some recipes to begin with. I have to hoard what saw blades I have to be sure new members have this tool, since I cannot actually scavenge one although I am 100 in scav.

The real difference between me and MrDDT is that I too am an optimist, but I don't believe that harping on problems I know they cannot address yet, will ever going to turn the tide or influence the devs. ( well not influence them in a positive way, maybe get yelled at ) ;P
    I also have a different perspective about this game and actually like playing what it offers now. DDT on the other hand, wants the game to develop differently, as he believes that PVP will save it.

The truly amazing this about this game is that Jordi wants BOTH of us to be able to play here and have our own brand of fun.

I really have no problem with anyone's posts until they start attacking other players simply because they disagree. Some of the attacks got out of hand and thus those players were indeed banned and silenced for a bit.

So...

Point out flaws, say what you like and try to have fun if you can.

But remember this..

This game is like one of your good friends that has been diagnosed with cancer. You love your friend and hope he gets better. You get online, research everything you can about his condition and try to keep his spirits up and tell him to fight!

You don't stand by his bed and tell him how stupid he is for getting cancer, you don't harp on what bad habits he has that lead him to get cancer, and you don't try and get all your friends to see just how stupid you friend is for allowing this to happen to himself.

Oh, and the doctor just said that he has a good chance of full recovery...

You get the picture right?

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    But remember this..

This game is like one of your good friends that has been diagnosed with cancer. You love your friend and hope he gets better. You get online, research everything you can about his condition and try to keep his spirits up and tell him to fight!
    Until you wrote the above text I fully agreed with you, just as I've said before in game..

But to be honest my optimistic mate, this comparison is very much misplaced.

Having been diagnosed myself and still recovering from it I can tell from experience that this game isn't comparable to having a possibly deadly disease!
    Although I understand what you are trying to say, it is not appropriate in my opinion.

No hurt feelings here or a need for more considerate discussion, I'd just like it if you'd taken a more comparable example .

What happen to not getting pulled into the troll’s negativity...

I for one, would like to see one positive post here, stay positive, and trolls to stay out. It would be nice to come here and something positive to read now and again. I guess that’s too much to ask of some people, I just need to keep it to the updates and Q/As.

anti-troll engine engaged!

hehehe *steals dez's anti-troll engine...mine!. I agree game needs alot of fixs. PVP fixs should be on the back burner at this point as their isnt really any1 pvping, pve needs put up front and fix and more done. New lands need opened,Scavenging needs fixed, Bugs, Exploits, Trees regrowth needs looked at..i mean 3 months for a fully mature tree..thats absurdly too long.

Animals have gone scarce, this needs looked at yet again, Archtecture needs fixs and when you align certain walls up they should come flush together. New features need finished and ofc their bugs fixed. New recipes need added ingame-New arch items-New animals-Zombies with their own city thats raidable. Cart need put on the asap burner.

This is just a small portion of pve that needs done, their is a ton more. Id say get your focus their as we want things fixed and new things to do, See changing Scav was not the direction to go. puting caps on crafting would have been, Also adding more ingame to offer more variety to do for players is another thing. And im not talking about pvp, pvp is fun and all but 98% of all games out their run pvp as a casual thing as the majority like casual, but im sure in the future we can more it more fun, For now games focus needs to pve and wat can be done and added to give more to do and ofc more fun (i also suggest actually adding also cities ingame as a change of scenoary, mb add things to do at these places) That would be a nice start :-)

I understand your feeling here Eric.

But many keep saying the game is going to die it this that or the other things doe snot happen NOW!... seem they feel its pretty serious.
    To many of the more negative posters on the forums, the games life is being threatened, so to me it was very comparable to the situation with xsyon, however sorry to have touched a nerve ( btw I have a life threatening condition that I deal with every day )

Besides, it was an analogy, not to be taken as a literal comparison.

And to Soulless, I'm not being negitive just acknowledging the known issues. Like I said, I'm not a blind fanboi. We all know whats what, I'm trying to get us all to switch gears here.. and that what this post is for

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    I know that a couple of you really believe that I'm a blind fanboi.

The truth is I am far from a fanboi. I fully understand where the issues lie, and what is broken and what needs fixing.
    I have to explain daily why tribe mates cannot do this or that yet, why you have to re-roll just to be sure you have some recipes to begin with. I have to hoard what saw blades I have to be sure new members have this tool, since I cannot actually scavenge one although I am 100 in scav.

The real difference between me and MrDDT is that I too am an optimist, but I don't believe that harping on problems I know they cannot address yet, will ever going to turn the tide or influence the devs. ( well not influence them in a positive way, maybe get yelled at ) ;P
    I also have a different perspective about this game and actually like playing what it offers now. DDT on the other hand, wants the game to develop differently, as he believes that PVP will save it.

The truly amazing this about this game is that Jordi wants BOTH of us to be able to play here and have our own brand of fun.

I really have no problem with anyone's posts until they start attacking other players simply because they disagree. Some of the attacks got out of hand and thus those players were indeed banned and silenced for a bit.

So...

Point out flaws, say what you like and try to have fun if you can.

But remember this..

You don't stand by his bed and tell him how stupid he is for getting cancer, you don't harp on what bad habits he has that lead him to get cancer, and you don't try and get all your friends to see just how stupid you friend is for allowing this to happen to himself.

Oh, and the doctor just said that he has a good chance of full recovery...

I dont think PVP will save this game, I think strife over stuff will. I think PVP is already part of the game, however, combat is really broken, and the lack of people make it not fun at all. On top of other reasons to even gear up and fight.

You should read some of my posts and see Ive posted many ideas about PVE on how to make the game better.

I dont think I harp on problems they cant fix yet. I think I harp on problems they wont fix yet, when they are needed to be fixed first. Just as you will see me post about carts over and over and over and over again. You will also see me post about things that cause people to want to do something. Whats the reasons for walls other than "looks cool" whats the reasons for making high QL items? Whats the reasons to skill up? Why get fish? Why use hiding? Starting to understand the point?

I also post things about economy. I love player made econ, however, there is no reason for high end items (see above paragraph). Also items are either WAYYYYYY to rare, or everyone can get them WAYYYYYY to easy.

What I wont do is say things like "Economy is great, players trade all the time its your fault" Or "Everyone is trading no problems, if you want to carry more stuff, why dont you use the tools you already have in game like death port".

See the difference from what my posts say and being a fanboi means?

About the cancer thing. Well I dont see how Xsyon is like cancer at all. Cancer isnt really something your friends can fix, or really give advice about. Its also only effecting 1 person. Are you going into all the cancer rooms and telling all these people to keep their chins up?

If I could I would rather spend my time on coming up with a cure assuming I had the info to help make a cure. But hey if you think its better to just say "Keep your chin up you will be ok" is better than coming up with a cure for cancer then thats your own opinion.
    Im not saying I think I have the cure or even could give a cure for cancer, like I said, I do have answers for why a game is broke and I can help fix bugs, track bugs, report bugs, give advice and even come up with ideas about a game.

Quote Originally Posted by dezgard View Post
    Illmaculate and Eduard

Keep it on the topic of the thread and it wont be deleted, pretty simple really
    My post was on topic and you know it, Mac answer prove it.
    BUT deleting posts that are not "promoting" game but trying to locate problems so they can be fixed is NO way to go.
    Deleting my post that I wrote in good intentions is deal-breaking to me so I'm out of here for good.
    There are plenty of gaming forums out there that are open to constructive criticism without censure... I'll write there to inform others about this for sure so they don't get fooled like I did.

But hey this post will be also deleted so I'll take one screen shot just for me.

Eduard over and out.

I'm really glad this thread was started.

I do not post alot on these forums, preferring to only comment constructively.

What i like about the game:

1) The people currently playing (new & old) - I feel the community goes a long way toward helping each other. I realize that quite a few people are eaderly awaiting meaningful PVP, but so far they seem to be very patient with it actually taking a role in the future of this game. I think that right now with the current state of the game, everyone realizes what the game can be (no comments on the "can be" - just assume it "will be"). With that thought in mind, most players are gearing up to welcome a steady influx of new players. And let's face it - what's $15 a month? So I don't buy 3 packs of smokes this month.

2) Currently, my tribe (Legion) is actively (and furiously) building up our tribal grounds in anticipation of decay (need tons of roofs), revenants (gotta protect our shit) & new players (wouldn't it be nice to invite someone & say "Here's your new home & job. Welcome aboard"). We cannot seem to keep up with upcoming patches. This gives us all a sense of urgency and a fun aspect to the game.

3) Being a former architectural student (in another life), I love the building/terraforming aspect of this open world. Note to developers - GET WORKING ON TUNNELLING!

4) My tribe is awesome & helpful.

5) I love the fact that I have to remember where I'm going (geographically). When I go to the store, visit family or just go out for an evening - I never pull out a map. This game is just like that.

6) Access to developers that actually listen to your input while they keep their eye on their original vision for the game.

7) Crafting - Of all the people that have been here since Beta, how many can actually craft Master quality items? I know there are some (I still am offering trades for a complete Pioneer set of Master quality tools). How many people have maxed out stats? Personally, I've been around since shortly before the game went live (1 or 2 months prior). I think I have 3 things pegged at 100, 2 more above 80, 1 at 50+, and the rest are a smattering of values. I'm quite happy with my character & what I do day to day in game.

8) (repeat) Once again, this is one of the better communities I've been involved with in a MMO since the early days of WoW.

Ok, I've rambled enough. See you all in game.

Quote Originally Posted by stonedogg1 View Post
    I'm really glad this thread was started.

I do not post alot on these forums, preferring to only comment constructively.

What i like about the game:

1) The people currently playing (new & old) - I feel the community goes a long way toward helping each other. I realize that quite a few people are eaderly awaiting meaningful PVP, but so far they seem to be very patient with it actually taking a role in the future of this game. I think that right now with the current state of the game, everyone realizes what the game can be (no comments on the "can be" - just assume it "will be"). With that thought in mind, most players are gearing up to welcome a steady influx of new players. And let's face it - what's $15 a month? So I don't buy 3 packs of smokes this month.

2) Currently, my tribe (Legion) is actively (and furiously) building up our tribal grounds in anticipation of decay (need tons of roofs), revenants (gotta protect our shit) & new players (wouldn't it be nice to invite someone & say "Here's your new home & job. Welcome aboard"). We cannot seem to keep up with upcoming patches. This gives us all a sense of urgency and a fun aspect to the game.

3) Being a former architectural student (in another life), I love the building/terraforming aspect of this open world. Note to developers - GET WORKING ON TUNNELLING!

4) My tribe is awesome & helpful.

5) I love the fact that I have to remember where I'm going (geographically). When I go to the store, visit family or just go out for an evening - I never pull out a map. This game is just like that.

6) Access to developers that actually listen to your input while they keep their eye on their original vision for the game.

7) Crafting - Of all the people that have been here since Beta, how many can actually craft Master quality items? I know there are some (I still am offering trades for a complete Pioneer set of Master quality tools). How many people have maxed out stats? Personally, I've been around since shortly before the game went live (1 or 2 months prior). I think I have 3 things pegged at 100, 2 more above 80, 1 at 50+, and the rest are a smattering of values. I'm quite happy with my character & what I do day to day in game.

8) (repeat) Once again, this is one of the better communities I've been involved with in a MMO since the early days of WoW.

Ok, I've rambled enough. See you all in game.
    well Said Dave (specially the part about our tribe!!)