Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Time for a change

With a few of the more vocal malcontents having been banned at least for a spell, it seems to me that now is the time for a change.

Too long these forums have been "serviced" by those seeking to tear the game down.

Let's change that folks!

I talk to many of you daily in game, and know that you have projects you are working on, often say you like this or that about the game and how much you look forward to what is planned next.

So... Talk about it! Start posting here and let's return this forum to a lively spot to talk about our game.

To be successful, we need to not get sucked into debates that will spin out of control and only lead to complainers getting the upper hand again.

2. 08-02-2011, 09:01 AM

3. 08-02-2011, 10:00 AM

4. 08-02-2011, 10:35 AM

Please Survivors,

Lets keep this thread on topic with what the OP has asked.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post

I talk to many of you daily in game, and know that you have projects you are working on, often say you like this or that about the game and how much you look forward to what is planned next.

I had a new player contact me last night to ask some questions. The first thing he said to me was somethin like "This is a great game, and things are not as bad as everyone is saying they are" I agree with him, it is a great game! And I had fun answering his endless questions, though it did keep me up way too late, but it's all good.

As for Macs question, I can name tons of stuff I love about this game, but to keep it simple, I love the realistic feel when playing. It doesn't feel like a cartoon. The seasons with weather changes to the saplings growing under the giant Douglass firs. Being able to make a river or a pond, and just creating something uniquely different from everyone else. Creativity is generally NOT a component of other mmo's. That one aspect alone makes this game uniquely original, and a sharp contrast from the standard cookie cutter game industry. That is why I like this game.

I cant wait for smarter and more fun AI, along with some rare items that matter much more.

I love how you can build up towns. Will love it when they do more than just look cool. There is a nice thread about an idea of how buildings should do other things than just looks.

The most fun I have had in the game is needing something, a tool for example, finding someone to trade with and heading to their camp. I always wondered why people wanted to come to me. My years of PvP screamed in my ear that they wanted to know where I live so they could stalk and gank me.

I understood it pretty fast. Going to someones creation, meeting them and seeing what they have built is a lot of fun. I SUCK at aesthetics. I can't "design" a living area etc. so seeing what other people manage with the limited resources (angles available etc.) is always interesting.

Also, having a feeling that the people around you are your community, getting to know them and knowing that there are other communities out there that you might never see gives the game a greater sense of an epic scale.

I love that you can shape your town to your desire. You can be ever so creative if you like!
    Both in regards to terraforming and building.

Homesteading...I know allot of people don’t care for homesteaders here, but it is how I enjoy the game, very whim sickle. Work on something till I am no longer interested, and then move on . I also like helping others in game, and exploring… been here since just after launch and only have a few skills maxed because I spend so much time wandering, heh. Where is my gypsy cart! (grin).

I like the fact that you actually have to put a bit of effort into getting the required items.

It isn't like in World of Warcraft, download an ADDON that will link all known veins/herbs/etc together and make the best grinding path for you to follow, nor is it an easy feat carrying the materials as it is in other games with no encumbrance.

That it takes time to build a city and create a good set of gear/item. Makes this game worthwhile really.
    It isn't some bullshit instant-gratification game!

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    That it takes time to build a city and create a good set of gear/item. Makes this game worthwhile really.
    It isn't some bullshit instant-gratification game!
    Haha, thats why I keep my subscription for World Of Warcraft active, just for those moments when I seek 'bullshit instant-gratification'!

Usually though I am very content with the serious grinding we do in Xsyon. Anyway, the two games are uncomparable (in more ways than just the obvious).

It's the feelings I have when playing that I like so much.

Back a little over ten years ago I did't really know anything about the internet. I had never been on it or even been at anyone's house that had it. Til a co-work had a few of us over to hang out after work, Not only did he have a PC(The last PC I had before this was a TRS80), But he was showing off the new online game called Everquest(1). Not long after this I had the game myself and was logging into everquest for the first time. You may be asking yourself why tell you this story, It's becuase it's as close to this feeling I had the first time I started playing a MMO. It made me feel like there was nothing that I could not do in this world. I was just a kid the last time I felt like that. And when I found EQ I was in my late 20's at the time and still very much a kid at heart. An to find that I could still have them feelings was surprising, It was not til years later after I had moved on from EQ that I found I didn't have the feelings any more. And even when I tried to go back to EQ and find that feeling again, That I fould there was no going back home for me, EQ was not as open of a world to me. I could the walls that closed in around me now. So I started looking in hopes of finding that feeling again and that that I may never find a game that would bring the feeling out again. Not til Xsyon came along have I ever felt that way again. The feelings feel much like they did back then but for many other reasons now.

Helping to create a new world and being around creative people has got to be one of the main reasons I like this game.
    Not knowing what may come. Help's make me feel like I will be able to do anything I set my mind to.
    The fear of the unknown, That feeling that someone maybe stocking me.
    The need to plan for the unknown in hopes of being ahead of the rest.
    And many other reasons like the ones listed already before my replye post.

And there seems to be many more reasons to come that will keep me feeling this way.